7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Coilovers? ...New struts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Coilovers? ...New struts?

Hey guys,

I just bought the Eibach Pro Kit and I was wondering how well they are treating you all who have them.

Also, my buddy who is the master mechanic at the Nissan dealership 'round my way, suggests to sell them and save up for coilovers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-Nissan...809ced&vxp=mtr

Should I sell the Pro Kit and save up for coilovers? Should I look at getting new struts with the Pro Kit?

Thanks for any eventual help!

P.S. I have an 09 Maxima SV Sport Package...
Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM

You can use your OEM struts with the Eibach springs. I never heard of people having problems with Eibach+OEM struts. I have Eibachs and it's a big difference from the OEM springs since I have an S. If you want to go lower + loose the wheel gap for good, go coils. Either way, both would make your Max look good especially if it has upgraded wheel
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 AM

I have had Eibachs for a while and haven't heard of anyone having problems with struts with them either
Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jbling700
You can use your OEM struts with the Eibach springs. I never heard of people having problems with Eibach+OEM struts. I have Eibachs and it's a big difference from the OEM springs since I have an S. If you want to go lower + loose the wheel gap for good, go coils. Either way, both would make your Max look good especially if it has upgraded wheel
This!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jbling700
Agreed. I put Eibachs on a little over 3 months ago, no issues yet. I like the subtle drop. Looks more aggressive. I'm rocking the stock 18s, so maybe spacers soon.

Off Topic: Jbling700, damn nice pic. The paint is dripping off your max!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Shipwreck
Agreed. I put Eibachs on a little over 3 months ago, no issues yet. I like the subtle drop. Looks more aggressive. I'm rocking the stock 18s, so maybe spacers soon.

Off Topic: Jbling700, damn nice pic. The paint is dripping off your max!!!

Haha thanks for the info guys...appreciate it!

Got to agree everybody's whip looks clean on this thread. I can't wait to start modding mine...just got it in late January.

trailer54 - I noticed you painted the bumper grille the color of your car...I was thinking about doing the same thing, as well remove the corner grilles too! Anyways, it looks good!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by seanbeast
Haha thanks for the info guys...appreciate it!

Got to agree everybody's whip looks clean on this thread. I can't wait to start modding mine...just got it in late January.

trailer54 - I noticed you painted the bumper grille the color of your car...I was thinking about doing the same thing, as well remove the corner grilles too! Anyways, it looks good!

2012+ Maxima's come like that.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Nemo7
2012+ Maxima's come like that.

Yeah I realized that like 5 minutes after I posted that lol...I think is looks legit that way.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by seanbeast
Hey guys,

I just bought the Eibach Pro Kit and I was wondering how well they are treating you all who have them.

Also, my buddy who is the master mechanic at the Nissan dealership 'round my way, suggests to sell them and save up for coilovers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-Nissan...809ced&vxp=mtr

Should I sell the Pro Kit and save up for coilovers? Should I look at getting new struts with the Pro Kit?

Thanks for any eventual help!

P.S. I have an 09 Maxima SV Sport Package...
Whats up Sean. I have BC coilvers i bought on the ORG, and Nissan installed them. They are very adjustable, when it comes to ride hight and stiffness. If your going to be racing or doing high speed cornering these are cool. I outrun euros all the time. Its funny when those guys think they are going fast in turns, then you pass them like they are parked.. they were 900.00 bones though, thats the part i hated. Its driver or owner pref though
J Bling's Tuscan Sun Max is hot!!!!! That color.. If i could do this again Boi....

Last edited by shep1sean; 02-27-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by shep1sean
Whats up Sean. I have BC coilvers i bought on the ORG, and Nissan installed them. They are very adjustable, when it comes to ride hight and stiffness. If your going to be racing or doing high speed cornering these are cool. I outrun euros all the time. Its funny when those guys think they are going fast in turns, then you pass them like they are parked.. they were 900.00 bones though, thats the part i hated. Its driver or owner pref though
Lol...Yeah man I pulled the trigger on the BC coilovers and sold my Pro Kit which was pretty clutch...dropped mad bread on them, but it was only a matter of time anyways!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 PM

Fo sho man, your really gonna enjoy them. my boy RodsMax had a set, and took me for a ride in his Max. that was it bro!!! Have fun with them. Let me know whats up with them.. Im right at the shop and dont have a front lip. Got to fix that.

Last edited by shep1sean; 03-03-2013 at 12:41 PM.