7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next car

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 AM

Next car

Hi guys, I'm watching alot of review about the maxima 2010 Sv on internet but I prefer to ask at you how you lile your car? Because I want a maxima 2010 Sv and it cost still alot of money for me and it's a big investissment that I don't wanna risk.

I have some little question to ask
What km or miles it could be a nice purchase? I see alot near 50-80 000
What could be a good price to buy this car? I see them 21-25 000 near my city
What is the main default of this car? Is that an important default if the answer is yes.

I thank everybody who will answer me and I excuse myself for this crap english I just wrote up
Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 AM

You'll Love the Car. I love it and most of us do. Granted, it is not quick enough for me..So, I am getting the new Nismo..and thats definite since I just landed a nice job.

Your Questions:
What km or miles it could be a nice purchase? I see alot near 50-80 000 - I bought my Maxima SV at 27,000 miles. Ran great. I recommend no more than 38,000 Miles.

What could be a good price to buy this car? I see them 21-25 000 near my city - I bought my car with Tax included at 27,000 (Ironically I paid $1 a mile lmao). But, I believe you could get a 2009-2011 for maybe the same price or around the 24,000 mark depending whether its an 09-10.

What is the main default of this car? Default? I am not sure I understand this question..maybe you meant the main negative factor of this car? I would have to say it for me is the vibration in the steering wheel at high speeds, the windy factor that I feel like I am getting thrown off to the side of the road, the slow 0-60..if I quickly change gears into reverse..the car stalls.

Everything else is great though..few minor issues here or there..but I know I am responsible for those! Maybe...

Good Luck!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaGuido09c
You'll Love the Car. I love it and most of us do. Granted, it is not quick enough for me..So, I am getting the new Nismo..and thats definite since I just landed a nice job.

Your Questions:
What km or miles it could be a nice purchase? I see alot near 50-80 000 - I bought my Maxima SV at 27,000 miles. Ran great. I recommend no more than 38,000 Miles.

What could be a good price to buy this car? I see them 21-25 000 near my city - I bought my car with Tax included at 27,000 (Ironically I paid $1 a mile lmao). But, I believe you could get a 2009-2011 for maybe the same price or around the 24,000 mark depending whether its an 09-10.

What is the main default of this car? Default? I am not sure I understand this question..maybe you meant the main negative factor of this car? I would have to say it for me is the vibration in the steering wheel at high speeds, the windy factor that I feel like I am getting thrown off to the side of the road, the slow 0-60..if I quickly change gears into reverse..the car stalls.

Everything else is great though..few minor issues here or there..but I know I am responsible for those! Maybe...

Good Luck!
Thanks alot for your feed back, I talked about the negative aspect of the car. I am making more an idea now with your review because with professional review there'S alot of complicated words that I can'T understand due to my primary language.

I just wanna know something, is there any kind of usb or aux plugs for the radio in the car? or bluetooth connection to play my song?

thx alot.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gabrielx94
Thanks alot for your feed back, I talked about the negative aspect of the car. I am making more an idea now with your review because with professional review there'S alot of complicated words that I can'T understand due to my primary language.

I just wanna know something, is there any kind of usb or aux plugs for the radio in the car? or bluetooth connection to play my song?

thx alot.
There is a Special Cord made for the Ipod. You could buy a bluetooth hot spot for the Galaxy or other phones and link it in. You could use navigation from Google Maps linked with Bluetooth. I don't have an aux cord on my 2009 and if I do..I really haven't checked because i have an Ipod.

You will like the car..if you could show me what other cars you are looking at..I could help you out with that. I know a great deal with certain makes and models.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:06 PM

There is a Special Cord made for the Ipod. You could buy a bluetooth hot spot for the Galaxy or other phones and link it in. You could use navigation from Google Maps linked with Bluetooth. I don't have an aux cord on my 2009 and if I do..I really haven't checked because i have an Ipod.

You will like the car..if you could show me what other cars you are looking at..I could help you out with that. I know a great deal with certain makes and models.
I got an Ipone so if you say that you got something with ipod it will work with my iphone. I'm only looking at maxima car, I have one a 2002 SE but he's starting to go to heaven. I like maxima and i will stay with maxima.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM

I got an Ipone so if you say that you got something with ipod it will work with my iphone. I'm only looking at maxima car, I have one a 2002 SE but he's starting to go to heaven. I like maxima and i will stay with maxima.
Well there you go! You have your answer! Get the New Maxima (7th Gen). You will love it..there is no doubt in my mind about that. I get compliments every day and many stares..you will too! Yes, the Iphone will work with the cord..however..if its a newer Iphone..I don't think it will charge the phone. Depends on the year you have (2009-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM

I want to buy a 2010 after the 4 years of location of someone
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM

I want to buy a 2010 after the 4 years of location of someone
2010 is Nice. So go buy one! lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM

2010 max

Wrong Forum to ask about how one likes his 2010 max! You only get bunch of positives. I like my 2010 tech/premium, I like the style, nice flowing lines, I like the comfort on long trips, I like driving it to work and I have yet to have any problems. I still have the original battery (I fill it with water), I still have the original tires (looking forward to Mich pilot sports). What I can't tell you is what's a good price, that's sort of up to what you want on the car and what you can afford. The 2010 may also come with a lifetime warranty on the Transmission -check to see as I think this stopped on the 2011's.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 AM

Your Questions:

Good Luck!
A few comments:

1. The steering wheel vibration is not a car issue. It is a tire and wheel balance issue.
2. The 0-60 MPH is better than most car and is not an issue unless you plan to race the car.
3. If you want better handling go with the sport package which has 19" wheels.
4. Stay away from the premium package if driving with the dual sunroofs open noise bothers you.

Otherwise you will love the car
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 AM

1. The steering wheel vibration is not a car issue. It is a tire and wheel balance issue. - I figured someone would try and call me out on this issue. No, it is a car issue because I have had a tire & wheel balance atleast 2x..and it still shakes moderately.

2. The 0-60 MPH is better than most car and is not an issue unless you plan to race the car. - Absolutely false. Most Cars? Not a chance. I am not going to bash you..but MOST Means almost ALL. The Maxima is an okay 0-60 but I wouldn't say its better than MOST.

3. If you want better handling go with the sport package which has 19" wheels. - Agreed.

4. Stay away from the premium package if driving with the dual sunroofs open noise bothers you. - Never had a problem with noise..and I have dual sunroofs.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 AM

1. The steering wheel vibration is not a car issue. It is a tire and wheel balance issue. - I figured someone would try and call me out on this issue. No, it is a car issue because I have had a tire & wheel balance atleast 2x..and it still shakes moderately.
sounds like you have a bent rim or damaged control arm. theres plenty of other things that can cause vibrations besides balancing and alignment. i had vibrations on my stock 18's, but that's cause one of them is bent and the OEM alloy rims bend easy as hell
Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
sounds like you have a bent rim or damaged control arm. theres plenty of other things that can cause vibrations besides balancing and alignment. i had vibrations on my stock 18's, but that's cause one of them is bent and the OEM alloy rims bend easy as hell
Hmm..I'll take a look when the weather gets better and double check. I am actually getting my brakes & tires checked out as well (tomorrow). I'll let you know.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM

Thanks for every comments I just receive for the maxima 2010, I just want to have one now !!