7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Any news on the new body style Maxima?

Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Any news on the new body style Maxima?

Does anyone know when Maxima is coming out with the new body style?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM

2015 Model; we should start seeing pics of it early next year I think...? Though I'm surprised some concept pics haven't came out yet.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 PM

Its probably going to look like that ****ty new Altima.

Originally Posted by escblads
2015 Model; we should start seeing pics of it early next year I think...? Though I'm surprised some concept pics haven't came out yet.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:58 AM

I really can't imagine what it would look like, or what improvements they could make.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mario66
Its probably going to look like that ****ty new Altima.
Look at Infinit's new Q50. Notice anything familiar? Like the hood and rear fenders from the 7th Gen Max? I'm willing to bet the 8th gen stays in the same body styling just evolves it.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 AM

Possibly the 8th generation Maxima.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 PM

Not too impressed if thats what it would look like. It has lost its sportiness.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
Look at Infinit's new Q50. Notice anything familiar? Like the hood and rear fenders from the 7th Gen Max? I'm willing to bet the 8th gen stays in the same body styling just evolves it.
^^This^^
Old 07-12-2013, 11:19 PM

Yes, I agree with Ghozt, MONTE, etc that Nissan will probably not stray too far from the 7th gen styling that has grown more popular over time. But there will be no doubt that the 8th gen is totally new in that every body panel, etc, will be changed, even if only slightly in some cases.

Those wanting a big power boost are going to be disappointed. Manufacturers are currently desperately trying to bring fleet fuel efficiency toward the 55 MPG that will be required in just over a decade. The urgency these days is better MPG.

Those wanting AWD are probably also going to be disappointed. AWD is actually seldom of great use other than in the northern part of the country in winter. It also is more expensive to build, raises the MSRP of the car, is more expensive to repair, and sucks gas, between 2 and 4 MPG in most AWD vehicles.

What some folks may not know is that most manufacturers are rather specific about keeping the tread depth exactly the same on all four tires with AWD. Some even say if one tire is replaced, all tires should be replaced, else excessive wear will be put on the drive system. I don't need that.

I expect we may see these things on the 8th gen Maxima:

1 - Power folding outside mirrors. These will be on even the base 'S' 8th gen Maxima. No explanation necessary.

2 - Cameras. Not only backup camers, but camera that show trafic on the sides, etc. These will be on even the base 'S' 2008 Maxima.

3 - Adaptive headlights that swivel slightly as the steering wheel is turned. These should be on every 8th gen Maxima, even the base 'S'.

4 - LEDs. Most interior and exterior lighting on the 8th gen Maxima will be LEDs. This will be the case, even on the base 'S'.

5 - Engine 'stop/start' system that turns off the engine when the car stops, and restarts it as soon as the driver takes his foot off the brake. This will probably be on all versions of the 8th gen Maxima.

6 - Lane centering. I think this will be either on only 'SV' level and above, or possibly only as part of the Sport or Premium Packages for the 8th gen.

7 - Collision Avoidance System. This will probably be on all levels of the 8th gen Maxima, with braking being automatic if the car senses it is getting too close to the car in front for the speeds involved.

8 - I would hope the 8th gen Maxima would install a TPMS sensor on the temporary spare, as that is a situation that most folks do not monitor, and a temporary spare with no air (they require 60 PSI) is of no use. But Nissan probably won't give us this until the 9th gen.

9 - I would hope for at least one more inch knee room for the back seating area of the 8th gen. I suspect we get it, but I will wait and see.

10 - I suspect Nissan will try some option on the 8th gen drive system that is intended to save fuel. I don't know whether it will be an engine that shuts down a few cylinders except during acceleration, or a diesel, or a turbocharged 2.5 litre or a hybrid, etc. But they are going to have to try something, with EPA requirements rising so quickly.

As info, THE DESIGN OF THE 8TH GEN MAXIMA IS PROBABLY FAIRLY FIXED BY NOW. New generations require a long lead time. I'm sure dies are currently being made that will begin producing the first sheet body parts this fall. By Thanksgiving, there should be a few disguised 8th gens being tested in places like Arizona and the California desert. Before the end of the year, we will begin seeing lots of supposed photos of 8th gen Maximas (few will be correct).

But there will be ONE photo (released in December by Nissan) that IS the 8th gen Maxima. It will probably show the front corner (headlamp area) of the 8th gen Maxima without revealing the rest of the car. By early January, someone will have an actual photo of the 8th gen Maxima, as the assembly line in Smyrna will begin producing a few of them (interleaved with lots of other Nissan vehicles moving down the line).

As all the bugs are found and fixed, the assembly line will begin producing a higher percentage of 8th gen Maximas, as Nissan begins building up the large inventory needed before setting the national release date on which dealers can sell them.

Depending on how things go, the release date may or not be the same as the 'anticipated' release date, which will be set fairly soon, if not already. This 'anticipated' date is for internal planning and scheduling only, and will not be publicized.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. It will probably be a January auto show before we see a full, clear photo of the 8th gen Maxima, and this coming spring before they begin arriving at dealers.

But it is almost time to begin feeling excitement about the 8th gen Maxima.