7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with silly Questions, be nice

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Newbie with silly Questions, be nice

I have done searches and have been looking at this FOURM for a month or so.. I wanted to make some "mods" to my Brand new Red 2013 Maxima... I had an FX35 and loved the technology so I wanted a "Nissan" product... Traded in my 2010 Ford Raptor and it was nearly a wash, IE No payments for the SV premium Sports package, I mean LOADED.... So far I love it... BUT the acceleration is a little "squrilly" and other than that I am 100% satisfied.

My questions are I really want a better exaust note with the added benefits of a small increase in HP and Torque along with a cool air filter system.. Am inclined to purchase these from the dealer to protect myself from warranty issues but "nismo" sells "Stillen" products that I personally have no problem with although this board seems to have a "hardon" for Stillen.... What's up with that?

Will value every opinion on this matter

Thank you for your responses

mattbcnv
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by mattbcnv
I have done searches and have been looking at this FOURM for a month or so.. I wanted to make some "mods" to my Brand new Red 2013 Maxima... I had an FX35 and loved the technology so I wanted a "Nissan" product... Traded in my 2010 Ford Raptor and it was nearly a wash, IE No payments for the SV premium Sports package, I mean LOADED.... So far I love it... BUT the acceleration is a little "squrilly" and other than that I am 100% satisfied.

My questions are I really want a better exaust note with the added benefits of a small increase in HP and Torque along with a cool air filter system.. Am inclined to purchase these from the dealer to protect myself from warranty issues but "nismo" sells "Stillen" products that I personally have no problem with although this board seems to have a "hardon" for Stillen.... What's up with that?

Will value every opinion on this matter

Thank you for your responses

mattbcnv
you sound exactly like me when I got my 2012 maxima so I'll be easy on ya lol. I recommend the stillen intake (mostly just for sound to be honest) but I do like it. When picking an exhaust for these cars its more like an inquire taste..the overall best sounded exhaust IMO is the AAM full cat back exhaust....one problem it cost an arm and leg to get.
Stillen is a good brand and its had its ups and downs on this forum but I dont mind it and never had problems with their products.

Hope I helped in someway

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 AM

Personlly i went with r2c intake doesnt throw any codes sounds awesome!
And for exhaust id also recommend AAM comp exhaust !