7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the button left of steering wheel next to trunk and heated steering?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 PM

the button left of steering wheel next to trunk and heated steering?

Its a mirror switch it appears, but doen nothing as far as I can tell. Anyone?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Minarets
Its a mirror switch it appears, but doen nothing as far as I can tell. Anyone?
Did you select a mirror to adjust ?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM

Are you talking about this? (Ignore that rocker switch next to the Intelligent Key Port - it is my switch for independent fog lights)

The switch with the four way arrows adjust the mirrors in those directions, and the tiny slider switch determines with mirror you are controlling.
Left for left, Center for neither, and Right for right.

I did not know this before, but:
If you wish to disable mirror tilt down in reverse, leave the slider switch in the center.
If you wish to have the mirrors tilt down in reverse, leave the slider switch on either left or right sides.

EDIT: Side question, I did not have a switch where my fog light rocker switch is. What did go there if I had the feature for it?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 PM

EDIT: Side question, I did not have a switch where my fog light rocker switch is. What did go there if I had the feature for it?[/QUOTE]

What goes there is for the premium with the rear controls. It allows you to disable the rear radio controls. I guess if you have kids back there you wouldnt want them messing with the radio.... but the rear controls are just a waste imo.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
What goes there is for the premium with the rear controls. It allows you to disable the rear radio controls. I guess if you have kids back there you wouldnt want them messing with the radio.... but the rear controls are just a waste imo.
Thanks.

Last edited by Akiyukio; 10-11-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM

AHh thanks guys.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
EDIT: Side question, I did not have a switch where my fog light rocker switch is. What did go there if I had the feature for it

And also blocks the rear console HVAC controls. The rear console HVAC controls actually do nothing but give a second set of controls with which to operate the front passenger side HVAC controls.

My granddaughters love those rear console controls. I simply put on my earmuffs, which keep my ears from freezing when they turn the AC to 60 degrees, and also blocks the top dozen or so decibles of Taylor Swift.

But when the sounds of Miley Cyrus and her Wrecking Ball come crashing through the earmuffs, I find my hand reaching down to the switch to block the rear seat nonsense.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 10-12-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
And also blocks the rear console HVAC controls. The rear console HVAC controls actually do nothing but give a second set of controls with which to operate the front passenger side HVAC controls.

My granddaughters love those rear console controls. I simply put on my earmuffs, which keep my ears from freezing when they turn the AC to 60 degrees, and also blocks the top dozen or so decibles of Taylor Swift.

But when the sounds of Miley Cyrus and her Wrecking Ball come crashing through the earmuffs, I find my hand reaching down to the switch to block the rear seat nonsense.
LOL.Best thing I have read all day.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 PM

and also blocks the rear console hvac controls. The rear console hvac controls actually do nothing but give a second set of controls with which to operate the front passenger side hvac controls.

My granddaughters love those rear console controls. I simply put on my earmuffs, which keep my ears from freezing when they turn the ac to 60 degrees, and also blocks the top dozen or so decibles of taylor swift.

But when the sounds of miley cyrus and her wrecking ball come crashing through the earmuffs, i find my hand reaching down to the switch to block the rear seat nonsense.
lol
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My daughter listens to the same thing. I actually like the rear controls. My daughter can switch stations or songs without me having to do a thing.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Are the rear controls an option? Never even knew they had them in any max. I have a 2012 premium/tech and mine doesn't have it
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think 2010 Premium/Tech were the last ones to have it.