7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Member New Owner

What's up everyone? I'm really excited to pick my car in the next few days. Just signed my paperwork today. I have to say my dealership has been the most awesome dealership I have ever dealt with. I am purchasing a 2014 SV Sport with bluetooth and everything without the Nav.

I do have a quick question. Is there anyone with an HTC One and it works well? I went by there today to take a quick test drive to finalize in my mind this was the one, and paired my phone to the car, but I wasn't able to stream audio. My salesperson is convinced that this is possible to stream bluetooth just not with my HTC One. I don't mind changing phones to facilitate this, but if it doesn't do it at all, we need to make some changes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:04 AM

I'm not sure as I have the 13 Sport! I've never tried that with Bluetooth with my IPhone 4S! I have to plug it in via USB port for music. Maybe somebody else will chime in!!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I appreciate it. I'm hoping it works. If not, I may have to see if I can go with the navigation. I'm a big tech head. It would be nice. Thanks again.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok, so after doing some homework, I've found out the unit has bluetooth but does not stream audio. I let the salesperson know that I NEED streaming audio. (I work in radio have several stations around the country that I consult and need to listen to them. They either have their own apps or I can log into TuneIn.. Enough of that) What do you guys suggest? Can I pull it off I don't have streaming bluetooth or should I demand it? I honestly want it right from the beginning. I'm not big on "workarounds" at all. I love the car's color. They tinted it for me because I said I wished it had it. The dealer has been extremely nice!!

I pick the car this week, so any help would be appreciate.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:14 AM

I really thought that it was just the early models (09 and maybe 10) that didn't include Bluetooth streaming audio. I know that my 11 has it. I do have the tech package though with nav. Even still, I would've put money that yours would have it.

It sounds to me that you know how to use and connect these things, and are into tech enough that you would be aware if the car could/couldn't stream audio. Hmm.

I'm sure there are dozens of active members here who have a newer model SV withOUT nav, and they could help you out if they'd just speak up. Lastly, I know that the workaround (using an adapter) is working seamlessly for a few members here as well.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:42 AM

The 2013-2014 Sport model without nav does not have Bluetooth streaming audio. A really nice simple workaround is the Blackberry Music Gateway. It's a USB powered device that u can leave plugged in inside the armrest and it uses the small stereo plug to RCAs into the aux inputs in the arm rest. Audio quality is excellent and pairing is automatic each time u start the car. Check it out.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

@All_Maxed_Out: That is an amazing suggestion! I searched it on amazon and it seems like a great workaround. My only question is phone calls. I know I'm looking to have my cake and eat it too, but I really want things in place without having to have any remorse on my purchase. Ya know?? I want to be completely happy. My question is how would the car system play with the Blackberry unit.

@Serpent: It's kinda crazy to me. LOL! The thing that's really not settling well with me is that the salesman had me convinced that it would stream and I decided on that car (that I'm really "wanting"), but it doesn't. I could have chosen on the Premium, but I didn't want that one. Nothing wrong with it, but I really like the Sport. It has a great look and I like how it drives. (I'm currently coming out of an '07 328i)

I guess, now that so much has been done to choose this car, should I go back and either ask for the navigation package which would probably mean I would have to choose another car.

I just wished the salesman knew what he was talking about when I first looked at the car. I specifically asked him about streaming; very specific. You have to understand I was a pain in the (well you know what I'm talking about..), and he reassured me it did. He even went to the extent to tell me it was my phone, and Samsung was much better.

Geesh… I have some remorse and haven't even picked up the car yet.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by BBTheKing
@All_Maxed_Out: That is an amazing suggestion! I searched it on amazon and it seems like a great workaround. My only question is phone calls. I know I'm looking to have my cake and eat it too, but I really want things in place without having to have any remorse on my purchase. Ya know?? I want to be completely happy. My question is how would the car system play with the Blackberry unit.
To answer your question yes they work seamlessly together. I have the Blackberry which I brought use on eBay for $30. The sound that comes out of there is fantastic and it's one of those plug it in and forget it.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So I went down to the dealer today and one of the managers decided to help me out an see what the deal was. Once he looked at it and eventually went to the service department, he realized it doesn't have streaming bluetooth. He hooked up my phone via USB, but nothing. I told him I understood and this was the trim package I wanted. I personally don't want to have to pay any more money on this car. SO, I'm going to make it work on my own. I think I will invest in a good iPod and the bluetooth unit from Blackberry. I appreciate everyone's input on this topic.

Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:21 PM

So let me get this straight there is a device that you need is a plug in the center console that connects to my i5 phone and the Bluetooth system and will stream audio ? I heard a while back that radio shack sells this ? Please help I hate these cords and had a alpine in my old 01 maxima and am not going back to it I own a 2011 sv maxima with the sport package not the premium package .
Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 PM

I believe you do NOT need the BB gateway if you have an iPod...it's either or. I'm going back and forth on which one I'm going to get for my 2014 that we picked up last week - likely BB gateway since I have a crap ton of music on my 64gb disc in my Razr Maxx.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Alex01
I believe you do NOT need the BB gateway if you have an iPod...it's either or. I'm going back and forth on which one I'm going to get for my 2014 that we picked up last week - likely BB gateway since I have a crap ton of music on my 64gb disc in my Razr Maxx.
If you have a Max without Nav and you want to stream music over blue tooth you will need the BB gateway or a similar device. I did a lot of research and the gateway is the way to go.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:15 AM

Do you still have to jack into the aux jack ? I hate cords .
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by koreanthunda
Do you still have to jack into the aux jack ? I hate cords .
Yes you do need to aux in with a cable but if you have a premium or sport model, there is an aux in inside the armrest. No visible cabling. It's beautiful lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:26 AM

I have an sv model and no jack in the compartment
Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by koreanthunda
I have an sv model and no jack in the compartment
Ok, unfortunately you will have to aux in with a cable to the dash.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:20 PM

I have a 2010 sv and it doesn't have a 3.5 mm in the dash or center console. But it has the three av plugs in center console compartment. I just bought a red and white av to 3.5mm to plug into and it works perfect. But now I mainly use a usb flash drive cause it holds more shows display and I can control with steering wheel.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

I think the concerns have been answered but I want to chime in here. My situation is similar....I was led
To. Aliens I could stream audio only to learn that I don't have the unit that allows streaming. I have the Bluetooth w/o Nav.

I bought an RCA to 3.5mm for when I want to listen to audio/video on my phone, and I have an iPod for the USB port. It's the only way I can get it to work. The BB Gateway sounds nice. I wish there was a way to upgrade somehow to the unit that does bluetooth streaming.