7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Getting tuned need another mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014 | 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ross2893
Doesn't make sense that for him to get a regular tune that he has to disable the ETC.
As far as Uprev is concerned that's their only answer and they are not going to devote any time into our platform. Very unfortunate.
This car is quick for what it is and could be a beast on the highway when tuned properly.
I've beat a few cars that I thought I wouldn't with my Max but every time if we keep going they will always pass me over 100.
Old 08-07-2014 | 06:54 AM

The car is going back to Cinmotorsports next week.
Old 08-07-2014 | 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Racerbox77
As far as Uprev is concerned that's their only answer and they are not going to devote any time into our platform. Very unfortunate.
This car is quick for what it is and could be a beast on the highway when tuned properly.
I've beat a few cars that I thought I wouldn't with my Max but every time if we keep going they will always pass me over 100.
Okay good luck. Just make sure that you get a very good trans cooler as well invest in that new anmsoil cvt fluid. Just to be on te safe side
Old 08-07-2014 | 08:21 AM

This is all getting so interesting. So many restrictions on cars now a days limiting their potential power. I understand the concern for safety but jeeeeeeez, I would have bought a 4 cyl if I knew what I know now.

It would be GREAT to hear that we can disable (or even set to a switch like Cruise Control) the ETC and have this thing turn into the beast it is!

Again I've always wondered since so much is integrated into computers, can our "gear" ratios be changed as well? After removing the ETC would a tuner be able to alter anything to compensate for the new gained power up to 30 and after 80.

I mean honestly, I don't know about yinz but I feel like I've been had, hearing that my cars engine doesn't perform at 100% when I put the pedal to the floor. Just wow...
Old 08-07-2014 | 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by VVhite-0ut
This is all getting so interesting. So many restrictions on cars now a days limiting their potential power. I understand the concern for safety but jeeeeeeez, I would have bought a 4 cyl if I knew what I know now.

It would be GREAT to hear that we can disable (or even set to a switch like Cruise Control) the ETC and have this thing turn into the beast it is!

Again I've always wondered since so much is integrated into computers, can our "gear" ratios be changed as well? After removing the ETC would a tuner be able to alter anything to compensate for the new gained power up to 30 and after 80.

I mean honestly, I don't know about yinz but I feel like I've been had, hearing that my cars engine doesn't perform at 100% when I put the pedal to the floor. Just wow...

I completely agree with everything that you have said. Love the car but hate the restrictions that Nissan has put on it she to te CVT.
Old 08-07-2014 | 08:57 AM

Yes, but, our car does perform well compared to other 3.5 v6's, does it not? I'm sure Nissan was saying to themselves, "let's make sure it's better than honda, Toyota, etc, but just enough to have better numbers/speeds/times. SLIGHTLY better performance, but not enough to start decreasing the longevity/reliability of the car." Of course now those other manufacturers may have updated their line to outperform. In any case, i don't think Nissan had any desire to make our VQ work harder than necessary to just beat the competition.
Old 08-07-2014 | 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
High 9's in the quarter mile and whiplash.
Nice! I'll get my HANS device on order😜
So what exactly are the limitations and how they can be overridden? How touchy of a gas pedal? Etc, etc, as nauseam?
Old 08-07-2014 | 01:15 PM

Yep, blame most of it on Nissan and the CVT...engine management is set-up so it won't let the CVT take the full impact of the 290 HP/267 VQ torque on launch, or top end for that matter. Sad especially when they call it a 4DSC but makes sense for Nissan for numerous reasons the main one being they get to sell their flagship vehicle touting it's 20 more HP than the Altima. They won't mention the similar performance though