7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wonder why these options not on 7th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 06:46 AM

Wonder why these options not on 7th Gen

So I was looking at the turn signal post and I realized that I missed a couple of options from my 04 and 08 max. I had sonar for one thing on my 08 and I also had power folding mirrors on both. Also, I was able to turn off options and adjust things on both older models such as car off/on seat and wheel automatic settings. Anyway I love this new car but not sure why we lost sonar and why it wasn't added to the front for that matter like other new cars in the last 5-10 years. Let me hear some opinions or better some facts on these items if you know.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

One of the things I miss most was the ability to have cold air on the center vents, even while the heater was on full blast. I could stay cool while everyone else was warming up. This was on my 92 GXE. It was the base Maxima, but it still had heated side mirrors, & a button to make the transmission drive more sporty. I remember the combination number pad under the door handles...didn't really care for it, until I locked my keys inside.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:43 AM

they need to have cylinder deactivation or else the next gen will have a 4 cyl engine in the lineup... and to op they probably removed the sonar and folding mirrors cause they were not enough of a selling feature. same reason they removed the rear radio controls in the current gen.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
they need to have cylinder deactivation or else the next gen will have a 4 cyl engine in the lineup... and to op they probably removed the sonar and folding mirrors cause they were not enough of a selling feature. same reason they removed the rear radio controls in the current gen.
I think the movement to rear view cameras ended the sonar thing. The 7th gens with sport or premium packages have excellent rear view cameras. Beginning with the 8th gen, all Maximas will have rear view cameras. The rear seat radio controls scored very low on Nissan's 'like/dislike' survey. I saw those results because I had responded to a Nissan survey back in 2010. It wasn't long after that Nissan removed them. Just like they removed the rear seat climate control switches and buttons. Of course the rear seat climate control system simply overrode the right front passenger controls. Not too swift.

I am interested in where Nissan may be headed with the power plant. Cylinder deactivation? Turbo 4? Diesel? Hybrid? Something will be changing at some point.

p.s. - Power folding mirrors should be on the 2016. Even some $700,000 homes have garage doors that barely allow a car to squeak through.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I believe there a member from Dubai with a 7th gen with front sonar. Not sure if it is aftermarket or unique to Maximas in the UAE.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:36 AM

Light if you look around sonar is still very much part of car manufacturing. The back up camera doesn't alert people if they aren't looking. If you notice some newer cars are still making sonar and also making it on the front ends too. It's more of a safety device than a camera in my estimation but it can be annoying too. I don't think they replaced it with cameras. It seems to be a package deal... At least I thought it was. The Infiniti line use them as well as multiple cameras. Anyway, the mirrors folding was a nice touch I miss when I park on city streets.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:49 PM

I looked at the new Murano's this past weekend and they have backup cameras and sonar. Nissan dropped the SV for the Maxima, and the LE for the Murano. The top packages for both are now called platinum.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
The top packages for both are now called platinum.
Do they come with a platinum ring? Because thats the only way im ever seeing an 8th gen in my garage.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nitehawk11sv
Do they come with a platinum ring? Because thats the only way im ever seeing an 8th gen in my garage.
I'm with you man, I let it slip that I could spend up to $50k and the guy tried to show me a 2015 GT-R they had on the floor that was reduced to $98k,. Not a cool move on his part.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by BIGIRISHSTL
Light if you look around sonar is still very much part of car manufacturing. The back up camera doesn't alert people if they aren't looking. If you notice some newer cars are still making sonar and also making it on the front ends too. It's more of a safety device than a camera in my estimation but it can be annoying too. I don't think they replaced it with cameras. It seems to be a package deal... At least I thought it was. The Infiniti line use them as well as multiple cameras. Anyway, the mirrors folding was a nice touch I miss when I park on city streets.
Indeed it is and a lot of higher end cars use it handily. Great to have, and it works great on my BMW!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
One of the things I miss most was the ability to have cold air on the center vents, even while the heater was on full blast. I could stay cool while everyone else was warming up. This was on my 92 GXE. It was the base Maxima, but it still had heated side mirrors, & a button to make the transmission drive more sporty. I remember the combination number pad under the door handles...didn't really care for it, until I locked my keys inside.
I remember those features,on my 3rd gen GXE. That power/comfort button for the tranny actually worked, my 89 GXE was loaded up and it had the sonar suspension, heads up display(which they should have kept) and was totally digital and everything power. I miss that car. 2nd gens really came featured packed as well, offering a lot of things they dropped for the 3rd gen; trip computers, equalizer, dash with volt, oil pressure a display on the passenger side that showed when lights where out, low coolant etc etc!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man...they need to bring that stuff back! I really liked my 3rd gen.