7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with Eibach Spring Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:48 AM

Exclamation Issue with Eibach Spring Install

Had my Eibach Pro Springs installed. After several days I'm noticing a a slight groaning noise going slowly over the rounded neighborhood curb to my driveway, also while cranking the wheel to the extreme left or right, seems to be mostly in the passenger side front mostly, I left a couple of text messages with my mechanic friend who did the install. Is it possible the spring is not "seated" correctly? has this happened to anyone else?
Old 04-09-2015, 01:22 PM

I have the same issue after the install of my eibachs. It makes clunking noises as u turn left or right. I still haven't figured it out. I'm thinking it's not seated right also. Would like to know how to fix this also as its getting kinda annyoing.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Check strut bushing

I know everyone says to check if springs were seated right and for the most part that is the culprit to most people's problems . But for me. It was the strut bushing .( rubber piece that centers the strut itself ) mines was deteriorated and cracked. Causing heavy vibrations and shakes at high speeds . Eventually it started to get real bad and a oem replacement from Nissan was 65$. I dismounted and reinstalled and now all is good. . Not sure if bc of the strut bushing or a combo or bushing and drop springs also but not even 10,000 miles on Eibachs (40 ,000 at time of lowering springs and 61,000 now) but there was a noticeable difference in how resilient my shocks/struts were ) I know drop springs and factory shocks/struts is only a matter of time but 10,000 miles after install is a bit soon. Oh well makes my decision to smack on coils easier considering the cost of just replacing shocks and struts versus me self installing coils

Almost the same clicking popping sound like a cv shaft going out and the noise it makes when turning, but for me it was the sound of the strut bouncing around side to side in the strut housing

Last edited by Lambo; 04-09-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:35 PM

Another thing that can make popping noise, and I know because it happened to me: the sway bar end link bolt that attaches to the shock body can not be tightened all the way. Then, when the sway bar flexes, it rocks the bolt back and forth in the mount, making a popping noise.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by saltohio
Had my Eibach Pro Springs installed. After several days I'm noticing a a slight groaning noise going slowly over the rounded neighborhood curb to my driveway, also while cranking the wheel to the extreme left or right, seems to be mostly in the passenger side front mostly, I left a couple of text messages with my mechanic friend who did the install. Is it possible the spring is not "seated" correctly? has this happened to anyone else?
had this happen to me and I installed the springs when the car was brand new. My mechanic reseated it three times to no avail. Over time the noise just went away on its own. Its a known issue that doesnt really have a solution. Most of the time it just goes away after a few weeks or months. Could possibly be something else so have your mechanic check and if everything looks good you just gnna have to live with it...its not a safety issue so dont worry..
Old 04-14-2015, 10:33 AM

Thanks all for the feedback. Now that it's warmed up a bit, it's not so pronounced, but still present. I'll give it some time before taking any action.
Now have to deal with a rear camber issue (-.9LR, -1.3RR), seems some 350z camber adjustment arms are needed. This lowering adventure is turning out to be more costly than I had planned.