7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Amp installation

Where can I mount my amp in my 7th gen. I dont want it where the spre tire goes and I dont want it to be mounted to my sub box since my sub box was custom built there is no room too. I was also wondering why my head unit which is a Kenwood Kdc352U single din, dims when the bass hits on an otherwise stock system. Any help/advice would be much aporeciated.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:06 PM

I screwed mine in the back for the fold down seat. If your lights dim I think you might need a bigger amp alternator
Old 09-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by fame126
I screwed mine in the back for the fold down seat. If your lights dim I think you might need a bigger amp alternator
I thought about that, it actually wont fit because there is not enough space since my custom sub box mounts flush against the rear seat. This is a pain in the ***. My headlights dont dim its only the head unit when the bass is on.

Last edited by Mread; 09-03-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:05 AM

You have dimming issues because the ground is it well connected.

You only have a few choices on amp mounting. Either in the front, side, or top of the box, custom make a bracket for the ceiling of the trunk, or a bracket to mount it to one of the sides near the front of the trunk.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MaximaDrvr
You have dimming issues because the ground is it well connected.

You only have a few choices on amp mounting. Either in the front, side, or top of the box, custom make a bracket for the ceiling of the trunk, or a bracket to mount it to one of the sides near the front of the trunk.
found out its not any if the wiring the stock speakers are pos made in Mexico and only handle up to 25W @2ohms. had to pull my door panel off and the speaker out to find out since neither the dealer not consumer affairs could tell me. my head unit puts out 22w constant per channel and 50watts max. once I upgrade the speakers the issu will be gone.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:11 PM

Wrong again. Please stop spreading incorrect information. Speaker power handling is not related to dimming.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MaximaDrvr
Wrong again. Please stop spreading incorrect information. Speaker power handling is not related to dimming.
get a ****ing life and quit being a douche. i called kenwood the radio manufacturer, definitely a whole lot smarter than you and they said to check when i checked the specs thats the issue. the speakers cant handle the power so it send my head unit into a protect mode since it over heats. im really flattered you like to spend tike commenting on all my posts.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Mread
get a ****ing life and quit being a douche. i called kenwood the radio manufacturer, definitely a whole lot smarter than you and they said to check when i checked the specs thats the issue. the speakers cant handle the power so it send my head unit into a protect mode since it over heats. im really flattered you like to spend tike commenting on all my posts.
i also never said it was related to dimming, read the post. it becomes distorted at higher volume. doesnt take a genius to figure that out. why dont you become a real man instead of an online bully. it's easy to talk **** over the Internet text real man to say it to someone's face
Old 09-08-2016, 04:41 PM

"dims when the bass hits on an otherwise stock"

Really, you never said anything about dimming? That was your first post.
I ran a custom stereo shop for about 8 years, and know what I am talking about.
You again are factually incorrect about "speakers not able to handle the power so it send my HU into protect mode."

Clearly you either didn't accurately describe the problem, or you didn't understand the answer.
The HU is rated at 4 ohms. The stock speakers are rated at 2 ohms. This causes the current to double, generating heat, and possibly leading to a protect mode. That has nothing to do with the rated power, but what impedance the amp is stable at.

Quit trying to act so smart when you are new and have a lot to learn.