7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

LCD Restarting

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

LCD Restarting

In the last few weeks my dash LCD will keep rebooting on startup, not allowing the radio/nav or my friggin heating/cooling to work! It pretends to boot, showing the Nissan logo, then 'blips' out and restarts the boot process. This could happen 40 times before it will eventually come on. If I'm lucky, and mostly in the mornings, it will work after 2-3 screen 'blips'. My heating/cooling remembers whatever the last setting it was on, but can't change anything using controls.

Just took it to Nissan, they said $1700 for part and labor. Part described was 'AV Controller Unit." This seems vague, and without a part number, nothing shows up on google. $1400 for this part doesn't seem realistic, either.

Anyone know what I can look into? Have a toddler in the car most times, and not having control over the cooling system is a bummer and won't be tolerable come summer in Texas.

2012 Maxima SV Premium

Last edited by shoshotschick; 02-14-2017 at 02:12 PM. Reason: adding year/model
Old 02-14-2017, 03:06 PM

Anytime I have electronics that is acting idiotic, whether it is a laptop, smart phone, tablet, or in your case your cluster, I always disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and that will correct a lot of problems. Give it a try to see what happens. Second go back to the dealership and get that part number. $1700 seems highway robbery for a electronic piece to be replaced. While you have that battery disconnected make sure the terminal lugs are squeky clean before re hooking it back up.

Last edited by Richard66; 02-14-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah gave that a shot, no luck.

it's so weird, every morning it works after 1-2 restarts. every afternoon, it will reset the whole 30 minute drive home. The car has been off the same amount of time from over night as during the work day.

anyone else?