7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help from you guys. My strut towers might be damaged...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Unhappy Need some help from you guys. My strut towers might be damaged...

I read about "mushroomed" strut towers and decided to check the towers on my 2014 Maxima with 30k miles. I'm always super careful about avoiding potholes and sunken manholes, but this is what I found when I propped open the hood today: http://imgur.com/pfEx2do

Apparently all three bolts are supposed to be perfectly parallel to each other, and what you see in the picture above only happens if you've been driving with ruined struts or have hit a curb or pothole at high speed. My dad's 2005 Altima has 3x the mileage as my Maxima AND has withstood 3x the punishment, yet his strut tower bolts are parallel. Now I'm wondering whether the 7th gen Maxima's strut towers are designed this way or whether mine really are mushroomed.

So since I don't personally know anyone else with a 7th gen Maxima, I'd like to ask you guys for a quick favor. If you've got a couple of minutes you could spare, could you please take a look at your struts and see if you're seeing the same as what I saw? Take a pencil, lay it flat on one of the nuts, and see if it's parallel with the other nuts.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by ocy9; 04-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:43 PM

Normal. Mine is pretty much the same, the altima is different.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mine arent as bent I guess you can say but also arent perfectly straight. I guess its normal but then again Jersey roads are garbage.