7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

A/C Clutch Relay

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

A/C Clutch Relay

I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima that was in a front end collision. I have rebuilt it and it is all back together except I can't get the A/C compressor to come on. I think it is the low-pressure switch and usually, I would by-pass the relay to have it come on to get enough of a charge. Is there a relay to bypass or how can you make the clutch come on when you are first filling the thing with Freon? I already evacuated all the air and it holds fine. Just need the compressor to come on.

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Okay, I can see my original post didn't get anywhere. Can someone tell me the steps to go through to charge a new AC system? Like if I were to replace my AC compressor what would I need to do to charge the system?
Old 05-29-2017, 10:35 AM

you tube
Old 05-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 51Magnum
I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima that was in a front end collision. I have rebuilt it and it is all back together except I can't get the A/C compressor to come on. I think it is the low-pressure switch and usually, I would by-pass the relay to have it come on to get enough of a charge. Is there a relay to bypass or how can you make the clutch come on when you are first filling the thing with Freon? I already evacuated all the air and it holds fine. Just need the compressor to come on.

Thanks!
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Leo77
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue.
Just YouTube how to charge an AC. I replaced the ENTIRE AC system in my 09, including the evaporator inside of the dash. Pray you do not have to do this.

If you're not fully confident you can pull this off pay an expert. You do NOT want to have to have this done all over again because you did something wrong and have to buy a new compressor.