7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Windows rolling down when car unlocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Windows rolling down when car unlocks

Would anyone happen to have a cure for the front windows rolling down when the car is unlocked? No matter by keyfob (x2) or door button, the windows roll down.
It's nice right now but might be a huge problem in a down pour or if i need to unlock the car from a distance and then relock it or if i hit the unlock button unknowingly and the windows stay down all night.

Please help, can not find solution in owners manual. Its a 2014 SV.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:31 PM

Just for clarification, i understand you can put the windows down using the key fob but in my situation it happens with one click or push of the button. 1 time and windows down.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Have you tried disconnecting both battery terminals for 1/2 hour. I always do that if there is electronics giving me a problem, and sometimes it works. Your BCM might be failing, so is there any other quirks going on that concerns electronics? A body control module or (BCM) is an electronic control unit responsible for monitoring and controlling various electronic accessories in a vehicle's body.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:37 PM

Haven't tried the battery method you mentioned. But i have not noticed any other electrical issue (that i wasnt able to fix). Previously could not get windows to go all the way up automatically but the manual helped me fix that. Are there fuses in the bcm? Really hope its not this. Literally got the car about 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Also are the bcms known to fail on a 3-4 year old car? I understand anything is possible but have many failed in such a short time frame?
Old 07-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had this happen after I had some paint work done. Windows would go down unlocking the door (fob or key). Turns out they had left something disconnected inside the door. On the inside of the door, on the lock, make sure everything that needs to be connected, specially the levers connected to the locking mechanism. I figured this out because on bumpy roads, I could hear something loose.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by danalmsa
I had this happen after I had some paint work done. Windows would go down unlocking the door (fob or key). Turns out they had left something disconnected inside the door. On the inside of the door, on the lock, make sure everything that needs to be connected, specially the levers connected to the locking mechanism. I figured this out because on bumpy roads, I could hear something loose.
Interesting. I did have dealership paint a door that had been keyed, Rear driver side door. Can i ask which area you had painted? Ill see how easily i can get door panel off before i try this though. Dont wanna do anything i cant undo.
Thanks!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by danalmsa
To give an update and possible lock this thread, i brought the car in for my first service, explained the issue and the tech said there was something disconnected. He reconnected and all is well.