7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Bluetooth Streaming Audio Solution (Ask)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bluetooth Streaming Audio Solution (Ask)

I'm sure this has been asked, my apologies I could not find a thread.

For a 2013 Maxima SV without Nav but fully loaded otherwise what's the best way to stream bluetooth audio?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bluetooth

Yes, I have the same question on a 2014 SV Sport.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2009 that does not allow streaming music via Bluetooth. My work around solution is if you have the RCA jacks in the center console is to purchase this JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth Audio Receiver it has a very clean sound and I can't believe that it works so well. So basically with my phone I can connect to two different Bluetooth sources and listen to my music and take a calls. I highly recommend it.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by whiskey_moodz
I have a 2009 that does not allow streaming music via Bluetooth. My work around solution is if you have the RCA jacks in the center console is to purchase this JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth Audio Receiver it has a very clean sound and I can't believe that it works so well. So basically with my phone I can connect to two different Bluetooth sources and listen to my music and take a calls. I highly recommend it.
I did almost exactly the same thing, just a different bluetooth receiver.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by whiskey_moodz
I'm looking at getting this...can you tell me how you wired in the power wires? I'm reading the reviews for the product and everyone is saying the install was really easy, but I'm not sure what I will hook those two little power wires into.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bluetooth workaround

This is a slightly different solution which may work for you. I understand this answer is a few months late but it may be of use to others. My 2014 SV is "loaded" but no Nav which I guess means no BT streaming. It has BT available for calls only. Weird, but whatever.

My workaround was a BT FM Trasmitter. Here is the
link link
to the one I bought. It works great. Whatever I can produce on my smartphone plays through my stock Bose system across / through whatever FM channel I wish to allocate.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:34 PM

To hook up the red and black wires you will need to tap into a ground (black) and a 12v power (red). You could tap into the wires going to the 12v charge plug inside your console. You might need to make a hole in the console interior for the wires if there isn't some way to run the wires around. Option 2 would be to run longer wires from the fuse box or another power source on the car. Option 3: Plug an adapter with wires into your 12v plug. Something like this:
Amazon Amazon
. Then connect the wires coming off of it to the Bluetooth receiver. Either way it would likely require a wire stripper/cutter, wire connector crimper (or solder if you prefer), and a couple of butt connectors (or solder and solder iron).
Old 05-21-2019, 06:56 PM

I used the 1Mii B06 Bluetooth receiver. It's powered via USB so I keep it in the center arm rest plugged into the USB port there. It automatically connects to your phone or w/e device it connected to last and turns on and off when you turn your car on or off. I keep 3D mode off, doesn't sound good to me with 3D on.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by VeeQue35DE
I used the 1Mii B06 Bluetooth receiver. It's powered via USB so I keep it in the center arm rest plugged into the USB port there. It automatically connects to your phone or w/e device it connected to last and turns on and off when you turn your car on or off. I keep 3D mode off, doesn't sound good to me with 3D on.

Ohhh snap I think you just changed the game with this one.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:19 PM

I bought one of these due to your suggestion. So far...SO GREAT!

Thank you!

Last edited by DW-77; 06-06-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Does this auto connect to iPhones? Just want to make sure before I hit purchase as I've never had success with these type of receivers auto connecting. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2019, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by QueefKing
Does this auto connect to iPhones? Just want to make sure before I hit purchase as I've never had success with these type of receivers auto connecting. Thanks!
Any phone with Bluetooth will auto-connect with this device. It's the perfect solution, when you turn the car on it fires up and connects to your phone and you're all set.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

1Mii B06

Does it matter what year your car is? I have a 2012 Maxima SV, and I bought the 1Mii B06, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. It doesn't power up with the USB port to the car.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:54 PM

2012 should be fine. Try something else like a thumb drive in that usb port. Does that work? If a thumb drive works there may be an issue with your 1Mii B06.
Or try the RCA connection instead just to see if that works.

Last edited by Nopike; 09-08-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:26 PM

My car is a 14 SV SPORT loaded with everything except navigation. It will stream through the USB port in the center console. The trick is, once your car audio is on, You have to start your music FIRST and then plug it up. You’ll have a brief pause while the screen says it’s reading the file. Then it’ll play any that’s playing in your phone. It’ll also allow you to control it with the steering wheel. The trick is START YOUR PHONE BEFORE PLUGGING IT UP !!! It’ll also Bluetooth ware and google maps while streaming
Old 11-24-2020, 07:52 PM

2012 SV here. Anyone experience bluetooth cutting on and off when you first connect? It goes normal after a few seconds, but it's like the connection is spotty for those first few seconds and the music skips. Is there any way to maybe boost the bluetooth signal?
Old 01-27-2021, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCrimsonChin
2012 SV here. Anyone experience bluetooth cutting on and off when you first connect? It goes normal after a few seconds, but it's like the connection is spotty for those first few seconds and the music skips. Is there any way to maybe boost the bluetooth signal?
I've been looking for a viable solution to this BT streaming issue. Nissan is wrong for leaving this out the Premium package just to get people to get the NAV package. However I'm excited about this recommendation. I got the 1Mii as well but opted for the long range with two antennas. Let's see how it works out!

I'll provide an update soon.

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-30-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
I've been looking for a viable solution to this BT streaming issue. Nissan is wrong for leaving this out the Premium package just to get people to get the NAV package. However I'm excited about this recommendation. I got the 1Mii as well but opted for the long range with two antennas. Let's see how it works out!

I'll provide an update soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTK8YP3..._5ZweGb1MC8KJ1

UPDATE: This works great! Set it up in less than 10 minutes and it's very clear. It auto connects when I get back in the car as well. I have two devices paired and it works perfectly. The two antennas have an impressive range. I had the phone in the house and the car still played the music through the speakers. Great recommendation!

Old 01-30-2021, 01:38 PM

UPDATE: This works great! Set it up in less than 10 minutes and it's very clear. It auto connects when I get back in the car as well. I have two devices paired and it works perfectly. The two antennas have an impressive range. I had the phone in the house and the car still played the music through the speakers. Great recommendation!
So basically this is connecting via aux, but the aux connection connects to your phone via Bluetooth? Do you still see song information displayed on the screen? Does it connect automatically when you turn on the car? The idea of bypassing the already existing Bluetooth receiver of the car with another Bluetooth receiver seems funny to me, but hey, if it works better why not.
You had the issue with music playing through bluetooth sometimes skips like a scratched CD correct? Sorry that's a lot of questions haha
Old 01-31-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCrimsonChin
So basically this is connecting via aux, but the aux connection connects to your phone via Bluetooth? Do you still see song information displayed on the screen? Does it connect automatically when you turn on the car? The idea of bypassing the already existing Bluetooth receiver of the car with another Bluetooth receiver seems funny to me, but hey, if it works better why not.
You had the issue with music playing through bluetooth sometimes skips like a scratched CD correct? Sorry that's a lot of questions haha
  1. Yes, the device connects via AUX to marry the car and your phone connects to BT to marry the device. Your phone is also connected to the car BT for calls.
  2. There is no song information on the screen because this method is for vehicles that aren't equipped with BT streaming.
  3. The device connects automatically to your phone and plays the song you left off of (at least it did with my iPhone 11 Pro).
  4. Keep in mind that you only have BT streaming if you have the Tech package (which includes navigation). If you don't have tech package, then there is no BT audio streaming and you have to connect with AUX. Thus, this method works well because your phone stays wireless and the music quality is the same!
  5. I didn't have the issue with the music scratching. I think that was someone else.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by FASTMAXX
My car is a 14 SV SPORT loaded with everything except navigation. It will stream through the USB port in the center console. The trick is, once your car audio is on, You have to start your music FIRST and then plug it up. You’ll have a brief pause while the screen says it’s reading the file. Then it’ll play any that’s playing in your phone. It’ll also allow you to control it with the steering wheel. The trick is START YOUR PHONE BEFORE PLUGGING IT UP !!! It’ll also Bluetooth ware and google maps while streaming
Uh what device are you using because that didn't work for my Galaxy S10.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Deftonesfan867
Uh what device are you using because that didn't work for my Galaxy S10.
I'm using an iPhone
Old 04-13-2021, 06:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

https://www.fiio.com/bta30

this is the latest greatest.

ldac, aptxhd aac (codecs)from phone to this device then rca to car.

completely blows the sound away from sbc (codec that comes with the car.. thought ide share

Old 06-15-2021, 05:57 PM

1. Yes, the device connects via AUX to marry the car and your phone connects to BT to marry the device. Your phone is also connected to the car BT for calls.
  2. There is no song information on the screen because this method is for vehicles that aren't equipped with BT streaming.
  3. The device connects automatically to your phone and plays the song you left off of (at least it did with my iPhone 11 Pro).
  4. Keep in mind that you only have BT streaming if you have the Tech package (which includes navigation). If you don't have tech package, then there is no BT audio streaming and you have to connect with AUX. Thus, this method works well because your phone stays wireless and the music quality is the same!
  5. I didn't have the issue with the music scratching. I think that was someone else.
will this work with the steering wheel controls to change the songs or does anyone have a recommendation for a device that will work with the steering wheel change song controls??
Old 06-15-2021, 06:31 PM

Does this allow you to switch the songs through the steering wheel controls?