7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Tint

looking to tint the windows for my maxima should i get 15% or 20% ?
Old 06-28-2019, 10:42 AM
Administrator

https://maxima.org/forums/4th-genera...e-contest.html

I wouldn't agonize over a 5% difference. Flip a coin.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:43 AM

Start with finding out what your state will allow.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:48 AM

5%...go bold
Old 06-28-2019, 09:24 PM

^^^^^hahahahahahaha. If you look at my build thread,I have 15% on mine
Old 06-29-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by 3Hunna
looking to tint the windows for my maxima should i get 15% or 20% ?
I have 35% on mine, It gives a nice dark shade not to dark but enough to my liking and I don't have to worry about getting pulled over or failing inspection and the car looks nice.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MaximusN8
I have 35% on mine, It gives a nice dark shade not to dark but enough to my liking and I don't have to worry about getting pulled over or failing inspection and the car looks nice.
Second that, darker and it'll scream ghetto
Old 06-29-2019, 01:06 PM

Since when did dark tints become ghetto
Old 06-29-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Martinez1031
Since when did dark tints become ghetto
I never implied or said anything of it being ghetto in my response I just know some states have a law against really dark tint and gives cops a reason to pull people over and give them a ticket and 5 days to remove the tint. Where I live 35% is legal and if they see it any darker they will pull people over and make them remove the tint. And state inspection stations in certain states will reject inspection if the tint is too dark. Awesome job on your Max by the way..
Old 06-29-2019, 06:24 PM

Thanks. Very much appreciated. Sucks that your state is so strict. NYS passed a law last year that made any front ti it illegal without medical documentation. Luckily it isn’t enforced much at all. It’s more to give the cops a reason for pulling you over but a lot of the cop cars and cops personal cars are darker out. So again,not enforced much
Old 06-29-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Martinez1031
Thanks. Very much appreciated. Sucks that your state is so strict. NYS passed a law last year that made any front ti it illegal without medical documentation. Luckily it isn’t enforced much at all. It’s more to give the cops a reason for pulling you over but a lot of the cop cars and cops personal cars are darker out. So again,not enforced much
I kept my Maxima's at 35% the legal limit here in Massachusetts, it looks good has a nice dark shade to it and when it's cloudy out gives it an even darker look. I see cars out here wit pitch black tint and they get away wit it, But everytime I went real dark wit any of my rides I would have them blue and red lights in my rearview and when I ask why I'm getting pulled over the answer would be your tint is to dark, A ticket would be issued giving me 5 days to remove the tint or I would have to go to court, So when my wife and I bought our Maximas I said I ain't trying to get my ***** busted by state police on my way to work or by a bored cop in the city so I went wit the legal limit. It passes inspection no problem and I've never had issues wit the Police pulling me over. My sister in law's car got rejected at inspection for the tint being to dark.. Some inspection stations will let it slide and some will go strictly by the laws pretty much the same wit the cops some won't acknowledge it but some that just have nothing to do and want to make someone's day miserable will enforce it!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:21 PM

I kept my Maxima's at 35% the legal limit here in Massachusetts, it looks good has a nice dark shade to it and when it's cloudy out gives it an even darker look. I see cars out here wit pitch black tint and they get away wit it, But everytime I went real dark wit any of my rides I would have them blue and red lights in my rearview and when I ask why I'm getting pulled over the answer would be your tint is to dark, A ticket would be issued giving me 5 days to remove the tint or I would have to go to court, So when my wife and I bought our Maximas I said I ain't trying to get my ***** busted by state police on my way to work or by a bored cop in the city so I went wit the legal limit. It passes inspection no problem and I've never had issues wit the Police pulling me over. My sister in law's car got rejected at inspection for the tint being to dark.. Some inspection stations will let it slide and some will go strictly by the laws pretty much the same wit the cops some won't acknowledge it but some that just have nothing to do and want to make someone's day miserable will enforce it!
Luckily here we have inspection kiosks so nobody will look to your car or harass you. Last time I had inspection I did the self service (MD).
Old 07-13-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by mahanddeem
Luckily here we have inspection kiosks so nobody will look to your car or harass you. Last time I had inspection I did the self service (MD).
Self serve inspection kiosks? How does that work?
Old 07-13-2019, 12:38 PM

Self serve inspection kiosks? How does that work?

upload image

Emission testing, Basically it dispatches an OBDII scanner that you hook up to your OBD port and transfer results to the DMV and print you a result.

Last edited by mahanddeem; 07-13-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mahanddeem

upload image

Emission testing, Basically it dispatches an OBDII scanner that you hook up to your OBD port and transfer results to the DMV and print you a result.
That's awesome, I haven't seen that up this way in MA.