7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment/camber issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 09:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Unhappy Alignment/camber issues

Hey guys!

I have a 7th gen Max. I’m trying to figure out why my alignments won’t last more than a few months. It was in a wreck. 😩
One shop told me I needed a Left rear hub assembly & knuckle PLUS about 3 hours of frame straightening. (About $800)

Looked for a second opinion & they advised me to go to get an alignment. I got an alignment a few months back & ended up getting one again today. The main issue I’m having is with the cambers in the rear. I was told today that this is the cause of my extreme tire wear.

IM TIRED OF RUNNING THRU TIRES.

Please help!!!!

Last edited by Maxie2014; 05-19-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Emoji coding
Old 05-20-2020, 06:36 AM

Do you have the slips where they did the alignments and they were all in spec? Just checking to see if your suspension can get back to spec of not. There can be underlying damage. Pics of car before repair?
Old 05-20-2020, 06:38 AM

Ask the place that is doing your wallet flush alignments why the car won't hold the camber setting? you must be on a first name basis by now....

If the car was wrecked, what area was the most damaged?
Old 05-20-2020, 06:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

HA!
Yes we are on a first name basis. Harold told me that a camber kit could help. He doesn’t like the idea of frame straightening. He was really old so I felt as though he may not be familiar with the technology.
I was stuck in a ditch, I wasn’t hit. I believe trying to get out of the ditch did the damage. A few mechanics have putting a bandaid on my stab wound :/

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Ask the place that is doing your wallet flush alignments why the car won't hold the camber setting? you must be on a first name basis by now....

If the car was wrecked, what area was the most damaged?
Old 05-20-2020, 06:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am not sure what you mean by slips. :/

Originally Posted by Maxie2014
HA!
Yes we are on a first name basis. Harold told me that a camber kit could help. He doesn’t like the idea of frame straightening. He was really old so I felt as though he may not be familiar with the technology.
I was stuck in a ditch, I wasn’t hit. I believe trying to get out of the ditch did the damage. A few mechanics have putting a bandaid on my stab wound :/
Originally Posted by Bificus99
Do you have the slips where they did the alignments and they were all in spec? Just checking to see if your suspension can get back to spec of not. There can be underlying damage. Pics of car before repair?
Old 05-20-2020, 09:33 PM

It was in a wreck. Get it as close as you can with repair, then deal with it. Beyond that, there's really nothing you can do about it. It will always have issues. Sorry. Try to not crash into ditches.

This is why wrecked vehicles are so hard to sell, the litany of difficult to diagnose, repair, and deal with issues that will inevitably plague the vehicle for the rest of it's life.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

when your formulated your thoughts, did you think for once “yes, this might help?”

definitelyyyyy DONT see the point in you posting this when I asked for HELP!

Originally Posted by User1
It was in a wreck. Get it as close as you can with repair, then deal with it. Beyond that, there's really nothing you can do about it. It will always have issues. Sorry. Try to not crash into ditches.

This is why wrecked vehicles are so hard to sell, the litany of difficult to diagnose, repair, and deal with issues that will inevitably plague the vehicle for the rest of it's life.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Maxie2014
when your formulated your thoughts, did you think for once “yes, this might help?”

definitelyyyyy DONT see the point in you posting this when I asked for HELP!
Indeed I did. So it's unfortunate that you weren't able to grasp the concept.

Good luck.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:03 AM

Did you get printouts (slips) from your alignments? They should be all in the green zones in measurements. If not post them, and if the car was damaged and you have a pic we can decipher more on what to do.