8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Any new news on the release date?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any new news on the release date?

Is almost June, why wouldnt they want consumers to know when the car will be ready? Seems like the plan is to wait until the last min. ..
Old 05-20-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Self609
Is almost June, why wouldnt they want consumers to know when the car will be ready? Seems like the plan is to wait until the last min. ..
June 3rd is the official date that was anounced at the NY car show. Wether or not they will be available that day is anyones guess.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:37 PM

it should be rolling in dealers anytime now since I did not know the dealers do not have any 2015 Maxima, which was odd, since the website only currently shows 2014 Maxima, while the rest of their car line up are 2015. So when did Nissan decided not to sell 2015 yet they have new Maximas on the lot???
Old 05-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
it should be rolling in dealers anytime now since I did not know the dealers do not have any 2015 Maxima, which was odd, since the website only currently shows 2014 Maxima, while the rest of their car line up are 2015. So when did Nissan decided not to sell 2015 yet they have new Maximas on the lot???
Bro, they didn't produce a 2015 bc they were focusing on the 2016.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:09 AM

I posted somewhere here a few weeks ago that my best guess would be that we would have 2016 Maximas for sale at dealers beginning during the June 1st to June 10th period, with the June 3rd through June 8th window being most likely. I still stand by that, but would now add that the June 3rd to June 5th time period seems most likely.

The only thing working against that prediction is the fact Nissan said the 8th gen would be released 'this summer', and, although the summer heat has reached middle Georgia, the astronomical calendar says summer begins June 21st at 12:39PM EDT. But then Nissan probably feels folks consider June through August as 'summer.'

Last edited by lightonthehill; 05-21-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 PM

There are now even more hints that the 8th gens will begin arriving at dealers by this time next week. Once dealers begin having 8th gens on their lot, we will soon begin seeing Maxima ads on TV, as Nissan always floods the air with ads shortly after a new generation of a model becomes available. With the 9th gen probably not arriving before 2022 or 2023, this may be the last time an old codger such as I will have the pleasure of enjoying the release of a new Maxima. And I do plan to enjoy it to the hilt.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:50 AM

Arrival time given

I was notified after signing up that they expect arrival of new 2016's in 3 weeks in Toms River NJ.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by mrgooch
I was notified after signing up that they expect arrival of new 2016's in 3 weeks in Toms River NJ.
Wow! I used to live in New Jersey (a town named Freehold), and did not realize that part of the U.S. was three weeks from Smyrna (joking).

I am hopeful that the 2016 Maxima arrives a little sooner than three weeks from now. Several dealers in the Atlanta area are expecting their first 2016 this coming week.

Maybe the first arrivals have already been spoken for by the many hundreds of folks that have been signing up this past month or so? I gues we will soon be finding out.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 05-31-2015 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:37 AM

My dealer in New Mexico has me scheduled for a test drive tomorrow at 10am. I thought the cars would be released on the 3rd at the soonest, but he swears he will have them on the lot, for sale, tomorrow. I guess we will see at 10am tomorrow
Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 AM

Obviously they are hitting dealers now. https://www.facebook.com/groups/8thgenmax/?fref=nf
Old 06-01-2015, 10:20 AM

Smh, just asked the sales manager at the dealership I deal with when the new 2016 will be on his lot? His reply via email, " should be here in the fall, if anything changes I'll let you know"
Old 06-01-2015, 12:09 PM

yep, ordered early in NJ and i got the end of June response. go figure.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Based on the releases of the 2nd thru 7th gens, I expected high volume and quota-meeting dealers to get theirs first. But that was by a matter of days, or a week or so difference at most. If I were a Nissan dealer and did not have 2016 Maximas on my lot by mid-june, I would be receiving a very clear message from Nissan that, for whatever reason, they no longer valued my dealership.

And the dealer that told Tommy6905 they would be arriving in fall is so far out of the loop that I would be very hesitant to do business there.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Lightonthehill, I was thinking the same, something is not right. These last few months since we've all known about the new maxima my deslership had no mention of it. No sneak peaks, etc. they did have it advertised on the main screen of there website for about a month, just mentioning the 2016 maxima with a photo and that was it. I'm tempted to email him back, and ask him what's up, maybe nissan is punishing them for whatever reason. I personally never had a bad experience with them, especially the service dept. they've been superb compared to some others I've dealt with in the past. How ever recently I was disappointed when they begged me to come in to check out a 2014, and offered me about half of what the actual trade value was on my 2010. Especially since my maxima is 4th different nissan overall and 2nd I purchased from them
Old 06-01-2015, 10:38 PM

Called a dealer local to me and spoke with the general sales manager, he said they have no information and no idea when they'll be in their dealership.

It's sad when we know more about their cars than they do
Old 06-01-2015, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by djenkins
My dealer in New Mexico has me scheduled for a test drive tomorrow at 10am. I thought the cars would be released on the 3rd at the soonest, but he swears he will have them on the lot, for sale, tomorrow. I guess we will see at 10am tomorrow
So.....we'll see you back here with pics and videos and all that jazz tomorrow after lunch then??
Old 06-02-2015, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
So.....we'll see you back here with pics and videos and all that jazz tomorrow after lunch then??

I don't know, we'll see. I called him late yesterday afternoon to confirm the time for my test drive, and he seemed less sure about them being on the lot.

While on the phone, I mentioned that I had pre-ordered, and that Nissan had sent me a confirmation number for the 3 years maintenance. His sales manager told him that to complete that reservation, I had to come into the store and put down a deposit. Really?? They had no idea what I was talking about.

I then asked about the options such as the black 19" wheels and the black sports spoiler. They had never heard of any options.

So it seems at least some of the Nissan dealerships have no idea when they are getting the car, no idea of any Nissan reservation process, or the 3 years maintenance that goes with it (and the no obligation to buy or put down a deposit), and no idea of any options that Nissan will be offering.

For a car that is supposedly being released tomorrow, it sure seems strange that Nissan dealerships have no clue of whats really happening with it, or when they will actually have it. Kind of frustrating lol.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by djenkins
I don't know, we'll see. I called him late yesterday afternoon to confirm the time for my test drive, and he seemed less sure about them being on the lot.

While on the phone, I mentioned that I had pre-ordered, and that Nissan had sent me a confirmation number for the 3 years maintenance. His sales manager told him that to complete that reservation, I had to come into the store and put down a deposit. Really?? They had no idea what I was talking about.

I then asked about the options such as the black 19" wheels and the black sports spoiler. They had never heard of any options.

So it seems at least some of the Nissan dealerships have no idea when they are getting the car, no idea of any Nissan reservation process, or the 3 years maintenance that goes with it (and the no obligation to buy or put down a deposit), and no idea of any options that Nissan will be offering.

For a car that is supposedly being released tomorrow, it sure seems strange that Nissan dealerships have no clue of whats really happening with it, or when they will actually have it. Kind of frustrating lol.
You have to look at it through a different lens, these guys probably had training but have yet to have the car in stock and deal with it on a daily basis. Out of sight, out of mind is what I am thinking of. They are focused on what they have in stock and can move off their lot, not what's coming. We have a different view and are awaiting with excitement. Patience with the dealerships as they all get up to speed...

As a side note, I emailed my guy at the local dealership and we'll see what he comes back with.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by richmusch
You have to look at it through a different lens, these guys probably had training but have yet to have the car in stock and deal with it on a daily basis. Out of sight, out of mind is what I am thinking of. They are focused on what they have in stock and can move off their lot, not what's coming. We have a different view and are awaiting with excitement. Patience with the dealerships as they all get up to speed...

As a side note, I emailed my guy at the local dealership and we'll see what he comes back with.

Oh, Im not blaming the dealership at all . It just seems that Nissan themselves aren't communicating with the dealerships as much as they would be expected to at this point. Especially with the reservation thing. All of these dealerships are going to have people walking in with confirmation numbers and saying "whats this for?".

Sorry, just really excited for this car!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:40 AM

My local dealer has two that they received yesterday and have already sold one. I am in Columbus,OH and the dealer is the best in the area in my opinion. Here's what my guy had to say:

"I personally think it is awesome. I love the updates and love the new technology. The exterior and interior design are on the higher end for sure, and I think they have hit a homerun with this vehicle. The drive is quite improved on a vehicle that already had a superb drive quality. Overall, it is an exceptional vehicle in my opinion. "
Old 06-02-2015, 11:53 AM

We had one come off the truck last Thursday or Friday and it hit the showroom floor yesterday. Looks good
Old 06-02-2015, 01:24 PM

So, based on the posts of richmusch and UTmaxima82,

2016 MAXIMAS ARE NOW ARRIVING AT DEALERS.

Yes, dealerships are 99% wrapped up in selling the hundreds of vehicles of dozens of sizes and shapes that are sitting on their lot. That is the nature of the business. As 2016 Maximas begin arriving, dealers will gradually adjust their approach on it, and there will soon be folks there who become familiar with it.

BUT

For those of us who are VERY AVID Maxima fans, we should know more about this new Maxima and what is happening than folks at the dealership because they are tracking almost twenty (maybe more?) different Nissan models, and will naturally be more familiar with models they have been seeing on a daily basis. I have been haunting dealer lots since the late 1940s, and the general theme has always been to push hard on what is sitting on the lot. Human nature.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:37 PM

4 new ones on the lot here at one of the Nissan dealerships.
Up close, they definitely look bigger, but there is definitely the same lack of size in the backseat as the outgoing model. Other than that, the things look great.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:47 PM

Just visited Nissan of Bowie, MD. They won't have any until the end of the month. Kinda disappointed, but glad overall that the wait is finally over. Where are the test drive posts at??
Old 06-02-2015, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
Just visited Nissan of Bowie, MD. They won't have any until the end of the month. Kinda disappointed, but glad overall that the wait is finally over. Where are the test drive posts at??
A Nissan rep in Nashville (with whom I have been in correspondence over the last three weeks) told me specifically that test drive results are not to be posted until June 3rd. That is still an hour and a half away. I don't expect anyone to post right at midnight tonight, but I do expect to see posts begin to pop up tomorrow.

That restriction not only applies to those 'Maxima fanatics' invited last month to Nashville to test drive the car, but to press and car magazine testers, many of whom have their articles already written, and will be releasing them within the next day or so.

I will have my popcorn ready, and am prepared for all the excitement of the next month. The releases of new Maxima generations to dealers have been among my most enjoyable times for over thirty years.

EDIT - After the string of fairly negative posts that appeared here after the new Maxima was shown on the Super Bowl broadcast, I think many here will be very pleased at the positive reviews most testers will give this new Maxima. A helpful hint - Be careful when reading test reports from testers who lament FWD and CVT; those folks are good people who have not quite yet managed to move into the third millenium.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-02-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:04 PM

My dealer just got two in. I drove the SR, and left feeling a bit uninspired. Also, traction control does not disable completely. I turned it off, and it still was fighting me taking off.

Last edited by 04MaxKiller; 06-03-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:12 PM

Some pictures.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by 04MaxKiller
My dealer just got two in. I drove the SR, and left feeling a bit uninspired. Also, traction control does not disable completely. I turned it off, and it still was fighting me taking off.
any details on why you felt uninspired?
Old 06-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Do you feel like Roman does in this mini comparo comparing it to the TLX V6, he preferred TLX drive but Maximas interior. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66QHuSJHPG0
Old 06-03-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMus
any details on why you felt uninspired?
Mind you I am not a review person. But I will do my best.

The car did not feel as sharp as I had hoped I the handling. It felt heavier than it was and had full no feedback steering. Our Altima gives us more feedback. The interior is wonderful. Though the SR seats are much harder and uncomfortable compared to the SL seats I sat in. The stereo itself was missing highs and had more mids and lows that it sounded worse than my beaters 15 year old stereo.

The SL sunroof has only one button and when you open it, it opens the sun shade then the sunroof. If you only want the sunshade open you have to stop it when it gets open before it opens the sunroof. Kinda stupid. The new genesis I drove had separate buttons.

Trunk was very small especially from the sides.

I was hoping it would get me back into a Maxima. But the only one I probably would consider is the platinum and now after driving now the new Hyundai Genesis. I think it's the winner for the same price with more options.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Do you feel like Roman does in this mini comparo comparing it to the TLX V6, he preferred TLX drive but Maximas interior. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66QHuSJHPG0
I actually agree with Roman even though I haven't driven a new TLX. I did own a TL SH-AWD and to me that car handled better than the Maxima.

I will say that the engine sounded great and similar to a 350z. It pulled nicely.

Last edited by 04MaxKiller; 06-03-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 PM

I actually agree with Roman even though I haven't driven a new TLX. I did own a TL SH-AWD and to me that car handled better than the Maxima.

I will say that the engine sounded great and similar to a 350z. It pulled nicely.
Gotcha, it must be pretty true as I have heard this a few times already regarding steering feel and handling. I take your word being an "actual" enthusiast! Cool on sound and get up and go.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:38 PM

I was hoping it would get me back into a Maxima. But the only one I probably would consider is the platinum and now after driving now the new Hyundai Genesis. I think it's the winner for the same price with more options.
To get the Genesis with things like a sunroof, blind-spot detection, ventilated seats, smart cruise control, and parking sensors you are at $46,450 before destination.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:56 AM

Mind you I am not a review person. But I will do my best.

The car did not feel as sharp as I had hoped I the handling. It felt heavier than it was and had full no feedback steering. Our Altima gives us more feedback. The interior is wonderful. Though the SR seats are much harder and uncomfortable compared to the SL seats I sat in. The stereo itself was missing highs and had more mids and lows that it sounded worse than my beaters 15 year old stereo.

The SL sunroof has only one button and when you open it, it opens the sun shade then the sunroof. If you only want the sunshade open you have to stop it when it gets open before it opens the sunroof. Kinda stupid. The new genesis I drove had separate buttons.

Trunk was very small especially from the sides.

My 7th gen has only one sunroof button also. But it has two levels. Push it lightly and the screen opens. Push it firmly and the whole roof opens. I am at a loss to know how many more options the base Genesis has than the Platinum. Remember to compare only the bottom line Genesis, because the bottom line Genesis will leave the lot for about the same price as the Platinum. The top line Genesis is over $50,000, and in the true luxury category.

EDIT - And I am surprised you did not like the way it drives. The magazine/press testers were quite impressed with the ride, how it smoothed bumps, how it avoided the front end pitching down during braking, how it stayed level in turns, etc, etc. Were you perhaps on a poorly maintained road, where only something plush like a Buick would soften the ride? The mag testers were particularly impressed with the way this new Maxima took curves at speed.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-04-2015 at 02:01 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
My 7th gen has only one sunroof button also. But it has two levels. Push it lightly and the screen opens. Push it firmly and the whole roof opens. I am at a loss to know how many more options the base Genesis has than the Platinum. Remember to compare only the bottom line Genesis, because the bottom line Genesis will leave the lot for about the same price as the Platinum. The top line Genesis is over $50,000, and in the true luxury category.

EDIT - And I am surprised you did not like the way it drives. The magazine/press testers were quite impressed with the ride, how it smoothed bumps, how it avoided the front end pitching down during braking, how it stayed level in turns, etc, etc. Were you perhaps on a poorly maintained road, where only something plush like a Buick would soften the ride? The mag testers were particularly impressed with the way this new Maxima took curves at speed.
Light a few have reported that the steering does not have much feedback/feel etc etc. Him Roman, a friend if mine tested an SR model this am and said the same thing. Overall he said it was ok for what it is and he drives a 14 IS350F
Old 06-04-2015, 11:37 AM

Well the local dealership had two on the lot today. A Blue SR with tan interior and a White Platinum. The sticker on the SR was 38,??? and with some of the other add on stuff they had listed they were asking $44,???. Looks great in person but the sticker shock killed it for me right now as far as upgrading from my 2012.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:02 PM

I am wondering has anyone seen the S model, not everyone likes Leather etc etc. I am curious to see howthe seats feel, door panels etc. No pics of it has surfaced yet..
Old 06-04-2015, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dmcmahan12
Well the local dealership had two on the lot today. A Blue SR with tan interior and a White Platinum. The sticker on the SR was 38,??? and with some of the other add on stuff they had listed they were asking $44,???. Looks great in person but the sticker shock killed it for me right now as far as upgrading from my 2012.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I am wondering has anyone seen the S model, not everyone likes Leather etc etc. I am curious to see howthe seats feel, door panels etc. No pics of it has surfaced yet..
It is a little surprising that we have seen so many SRs and Platinums, a few SLs and SVs, but I have seen NO Ss. At the prices involved, I would think Nissan would also be emphasizing that the S has the same engine, chassi, tranny, etc, as the Platinum, and might be a way thrifty folks (or those not wild about leather) could ease into this thing.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
It is a little surprising that we have seen so many SRs and Platinums, a few SLs and SVs, but I have seen NO Ss. At the prices involved, I would think Nissan would also be emphasizing that the S has the same engine, chassi, tranny, etc, as the Platinum, and might be a way thrifty folks (or those not wild about leather) could ease into this thing.
Exactly Exactly Light, the S and even the SV will fit more of the average everyday Joe's budget more so than those top 2!! Of the 7th gens I see most are S and basic SV's......Few are top line SV Sport or top Line SV's with dual sunroof!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any new news on the release date?