8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan's Accessories Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 10:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan's Accessories Video

Really think you guys should check out this video, you'll thank me later:

Old 05-31-2015, 01:32 PM

I am so getting those optional black wheels for my SR!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:26 PM

I will thank you now. After reading numerous opinions, I had ruled out the white (3 of my prior 9 Maximas have been white.) I was leaning towards the Coulis Red or the Brilliant Silver, but after seeing this video I must state that I wont make a decision until I see the options in the flesh.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:18 PM

Those 19" black wheels are slick!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:55 PM

Taujanko - Very nice FIRST POST on Maxima.org. And yes, I do thank you.

I had a price list on these accessories last week, but no photos of any kind. Then I lost the price list. I do recall that some (but not all) of those accessories were in the $300 to $400 price range. Of course the shift ***** and armrest plates will be less, and the spoilers will be more.

What my source did NOT tell me is whether we would be able to order our car from the factory with exactly the accessories we wanted. If so, then moving to the black wheels will not cost much. But if we have to order the wheels from the dealer, the price to switch might be more than we would like to pay.

Still a lot of unknowns, but at least we now have a chance to actually SEE these accessories on the car.

Again Taujanko, thanks for a most interesting first post.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 05-31-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Taujanko - Very nice FIRST POST on Maxima.org. And yes, I do thank you.

I had a price list on these accessories last week, but no photos of any kind. Then I lost the price list. I do recall that some (but not all) of those accessories were in the $300 to $400 price range. Of course the shift ***** and armrest plates will be less, and the spoilers will be more.

What my source did NOT tell me is whether we would be able to order our car from the factory with exactly the accessories we wanted. If so, then moving to the black wheels will not cost much. But if we have to order the wheels from the dealer, the price to switch might be more than we would like to pay.

Still a lot of unknowns, but at least we now have a chance to actually SEE these accessories on the car.

Again Taujanko, thanks for a most interesting first post.
Thanks! Been lurking on these forums for a while now to be honest. Saw this video yesterday and immediately thought of you guys and just had to register an account and share. The all black spoiler, rear diffuser, 19" wheels combo made all the difference in my book. Was starting to lose a bit of confidence in the "S" of the 4DSC.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Taujanko
Thanks! Been lurking on these forums for a while now to be honest. Saw this video yesterday and immediately thought of you guys and just had to register an account and share. The all black spoiler, rear diffuser, 19" wheels combo made all the difference in my book. Was starting to lose a bit of confidence in the "S" of the 4DSC.

We really appreciate the info.

Yes, these accessories can definitely change the look of this car. I knew from the first glance at this car in the super bowl ad that I would be painting the rear diffuser black. Now you have shown me I can order it already painted and with a trim bar across the bottom. I will also be getting the lighted sills and a few other things.

If I were still in my sixties, or even seventies, I would be looking hard at those black wheels. But being an octogenarian, I have to be more careful what car I drive up to the church. Lotta old fogies there.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:04 AM

We really appreciate the info.

Yes, these accessories can definitely change the look of this car. I knew from the first glance at this car in the super bowl ad that I would be painting the rear diffuser black. Now you have shown me I can order it already painted and with a trim bar across the bottom. I will also be getting the lighted sills and a few other things.

If I were still in my sixties, or even seventies, I would be looking hard at those black wheels. But being an octogenarian, I have to be more careful what car I drive up to the church. Lotta old fogies there.
Since you seem to be very objective and always give good advice, maybe you can give me your input. I am totally going to get the black wheels on my SR, however, I am still torn between Silver and Gunmetal. Which color do you think would look best with the black wheels.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am also looking at the Colius Red. There are a lot of nice accessories. I don't particularly care for the sport spoiler but the premium spoiler color matched adds a nice flare to the vehicle. The ground lighting, the rear diffuser and the 18" black/silver alloy wheels are very nice.

The only thing that I am surprised they haven't added (maybe in the months to come) is a NISMO exhaust option...
Old 06-01-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by NissanFreak2000
Since you seem to be very objective and always give good advice, maybe you can give me your input. I am totally going to get the black wheels on my SR, however, I am still torn between Silver and Gunmetal. Which color do you think would look best with the black wheels.
My wife says that, if I were objective, I would be buying a Corolla or a Civic. And I have had others raising their eyebrows at some of the detailing I have done on my cars. But I will simply express some of my random thoughts.

First, the silver and gunmetal are both very good choices. Along with the white pearl, those were my only real considerations.

The 18" black wheels have chrome trim, and might look very slightly better with the silver. But you are getting an SR, and the 19" black wheels have a solid shiny finish (and look very nice). This is very subjective, but it may be that the 19" black wheels might go slightly better with the gunmetal.

But you can't go wrong wither way. Silver and Gunmetal both look so classy on this 2016 Maxima.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-01-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:18 PM

My wife says that, if I were objective, I would be buying a Corolla or a Civic. And I have had others raising their eyebrows at some of the detailing I have done on my cars. But I will simply express some of my random thoughts.

First, the silver and gunmetal are both very good choices. Along with the white pearl, those were my only real considerations.

The 18" black wheels have chrome trim, and might look very slightly better with the silver. But you are getting an SR, and the 19" black wheels have a solid shiny finish (and look very nice). This is very subjective, but it may be that the 19" black wheels might go slightly better with the gunmetal.

But you can't go wrong wither way. Silver and Gunmetal both look so classy on this 2016 Maxima.
That is kind of what I was thinking when I was imagining the black wheels on the SR! Therefore, my decision has finally been made! Gunmetal is the winner for me!!