8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan Connnect App is Useless

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 05:46 AM

Nissan Connnect App is Useless

The car seems to only pick up Google Search and no Pandora, iHeart, or TripAdvisor.

The lock,unlock, beams commands are very slow to send via phone.

Looks like sending directions to the car all has to be done via the Nissan website/owner's portal.

Anyone else have better luck?

Last edited by netjack; 06-20-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:45 AM

Slow through the phone how? Can you remote start with the phone? That seems to be the only useful feature for these remote app systems.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:04 AM

Strangely I get a not-enrolled warning that I can't figure out how to get around:

Name:  6-21-2015%209-02-46%20AM_zpszlupkf3d.png
Views: 2140
Size:  129.1 KB
Old 11-24-2017, 02:58 PM

I bailed on it during the sign up. I couldn't find a reason to sign up so I didn't.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:25 PM

Locking and/or unlocking takes less than 15 seconds with my app.

Also, if you did not know this, the app can locate the vehicle's position (lo-jack), as well as send pre-planned trips from your phone to the Nav system on the car ("Information Feeds" button on the Nav System). You can set Speed Alerts, Valet alerts, Boundary alerts and , if you have teenagers of driving age, you can set Curfew Alerts to your phone. When the app was upgraded recently, it had a lot of bugs and operated slow, if at all. But that was fixed about a couple of months ago and I have had no issues with it since.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM

Thanks for educating me Alt Z....

Phooey, now I have to go back through sign up Hades. Is this free or do I have to pay for it?
TIA,
Old 11-24-2017, 03:51 PM

I used the free trial when I bought the car. I think it was around a 3 month full service trial. It was certainly not worth the price they were asking per month.
I used it about 5-6 times the first week, just messing around, locking/unlocking doors and remote starting and such. Once the novelty wore off I never used it again.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:54 PM

I didn't subscribe either after the 90 day free trial.... Interestingly enough, the "locate my car" feature still works... Shhhhhhh! ;-)
Old 11-28-2017, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by dmstangu
I didn't subscribe either after the 90 day free trial.... Interestingly enough, the "locate my car" feature still works... Shhhhhhh! ;-)
Agreeing with all of you. A poorly executed option that is way overpriced. Nothing brought to the table that is easy to understand, let alone easy to use. I wonder what the take rate is after the free trial expires? Still the Maxima excels in so many other areas so it is easy to forget this poor stroke.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Called Nissan about getting a trial of Nissan Connect Services. I just purchased a 2016 Platinum and was hoping to get at least a month of trial but of course they told me that they couldn't do it on a used car. I told her that it would be nice to try as I might be interested. You would think that they would let you try it as they might con another customer into the $25 / month.

Has anyone had success in getting a trial on a used Maxima?
Old 11-28-2017, 07:07 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Smacksimus Maximus
Thanks for educating me Alt Z....

Phooey, now I have to go back through sign up Hades. Is this free or do I have to pay for it?
TIA,
The cost is $24.99 per month. I use it regularly, especially when I drop her off at the dealership - I set my Boundary and Speed Alerts to let me know if anyone is joyriding in her thinking I wouldn't know... I also like the Lock Door feature because even if I were half the country away on Vacation, I can command the car to lock doors if I have the slightest doubt of "hey, did I lock the doors on my car or not...?". I also found it useful in planning long trips with Waypoints - simply sit at home on a computer or use your cell to plan the trip, then send it to the car. When ready to use it, simply download it with the "Information Feeds" button on the Nav Sys and on you go...

I guess I find it very useful myself. Now, I am not sure why they can't activate it on a used Maxima - that does not make sense to me. All they need is proof that you own the car (Proof of Insurance for example - as so happened with a friend of mine) and they should be able to subscribe you and turn it on. I'd try again with another Nissan Connect Representative ...
Old 11-29-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MY ALT Z
The cost is $24.99 per month. I use it regularly, especially when I drop her off at the dealership - I set my Boundary and Speed Alerts to let me know if anyone is joyriding in her thinking I wouldn't know... I also like the Lock Door feature because even if I were half the country away on Vacation, I can command the car to lock doors if I have the slightest doubt of "hey, did I lock the doors on my car or not...?". I also found it useful in planning long trips with Waypoints - simply sit at home on a computer or use your cell to plan the trip, then send it to the car. When ready to use it, simply download it with the "Information Feeds" button on the Nav Sys and on you go...

I guess I find it very useful myself. Now, I am not sure why they can't activate it on a used Maxima - that does not make sense to me. All they need is proof that you own the car (Proof of Insurance for example - as so happened with a friend of mine) and they should be able to subscribe you and turn it on. I'd try again with another Nissan Connect Representative ...
Well stated on what you use this feature set for. Nice example on programing trip waypoints in. Most of us don't see the value at 25 bucks a month though. Perhaps if Nissan offered up a half price trial for the 1st year, they might get more takers

Last edited by robtroxel; 11-29-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Well stated on what you use this feature set for. Nice example on programing trip waypoints in. Most of us don't see the value at 25 bucks a month though. Perhaps if Nissan offered up a half price trial for the 1st year, they might get more takers
Yeah, I'm splurging a little... but hey, toys are toys...
Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 PM

Nissan needs to offer the remote start features in a middle tier priced package. Those are the only features I use. Remote State comes in handy when the car’s been out in the hot Florida sun all day and I want to cool it off before I get into it. Even though the key fob alone has pretty good range, the Connect service is with it to me for the remote services alone.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:21 AM

Agreed. But I'm pretty sure aside from the "locate car" feature, I'm not going to be that motivated. I scrolled through the Sirius radio feeds and they're not that appealing. Admittedly, where I live FM is even worse, but I can't argue with their fee structure either. There's News when I can stand to listen to it. For everything else I have a Music collection. But I do miss the social "shared experience" aspect of FM radio when I was a kid. The Music was better and there wasn't as much "fake" diversity among broadcast sources. But I like (non blue-hair) Classical and non-obscure, non-nostalgia Jazz, and those things are pretty hard to find anywhere except retail physical media outlets now. Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.