8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2016 Maximas on the Streets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:55 PM

Good info above, but If you qualify for the 2.29% incentive, then that shouldn't be an issue I would think?

6k off must be a catch...but 3k off I think is doable even with the 2.29%. Hopefully.

Honestly one of the reasons I've avoided heading to the dealer is having to be on my game. The dealer near me has excellent ratings on dealer rater but I'm always skeptical.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
But you must finance with Nissan. Those who use any other source of financing or pay cash do not get these really fat discounts. Nissan will take their money either through the sale price or via their financing. Our choice.
Light thats not the only dealership offering huge incentives on this car..... that's just one example that was put out there. I know that you love the Max no matter what, but it is what it is as they say.........
Old 07-27-2015, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Light thats not the only dealership offering huge incentives on this car..... that's just one example that was put out there. I know that you love the Max no matter what, but it is what it is as they say.........

Yeah, the Maxima is what it is, and that is why I have loved it for over thirty years. I was just referring to the example above that added details without me having to click on an additional link. I'm sure every dealer in the country is doing whatever he thinks gives him the best chance to outsell competing dealers at a price where he still makes a little cash. I just wish someone would tell that to the four dealers nearest me. They are just now beginning to remove those hated 'Market Adjustment' (above MSRP) add-ons.

I saw another 2016 on the road today, but it was in cross-traffic, and I couldn't even tell what model it was. Doesn't necessarily mean much, because it could have been a test drive from a nearby Nissan dealer.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have SR

I've had my 2016 Nissan Maxima SR for a few weeks now. I commute 140-160 miles a day and have still only seen 1 other '16 Maxima on the road. It was a white platinum, and it looked spectacular, that was this evening in fact. I do love that I'm driving something sort of exclusive right now that isn't all over the place, but I sure would like to see some others now and then.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:54 PM

I finally saw another Maxima today. Actually, I saw two. Both were gunmetal grey. I was on my way to Louisville, KY when I saw one on the outskirts of town then I saw one closer to one of the Nissan dealerships. I must say that they looked rather nice cruising down the highway.

Last edited by shrews824; 08-05-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:16 PM

Two months of looking for them on the road, and I am stuck at four. And I live four miles from a large Nissan dealer. By comparison, I saw three Teslas today (parked beside two of them. One at Lowes, and one at Truett's Pizza).

I think the fact dealers around me are tending to stick to MSRP, plus the fact several thousand 8th gens were suddenly 'sidelined' by the recall, plus the fact Nissan has not really begun their big 8th gen advertising push, plus the fact buyers are still trying to sort through this new way of equipping models, and I feel it is too early to make many judgements. Maxima drivers are used to getting discounts, when once the discounts start, buyers will appear.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 08-04-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 PM

I finally saw one in black. Unfortunately I didn't get to gander at it too long. But what I did see, it was really low and sleek while on the move.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:32 PM

Finally saw my second one a couple days ago. It was the Brilliant Silver. Hopefully it says pretty exclusive like it is for quite a while.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by NissLover
I finally saw one in black. Unfortunately I didn't get to gander at it too long. But what I did see, it was really low and sleek while on the move.
That's the same impression I got looking at it from the bus on my commute home yesterday. I saw a Brilliant Sliver SL or Platinum.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
That's the same impression I got looking at it from the bus on my commute home yesterday. I saw a Brilliant Sliver SL or Platinum.
The brilliant silver Platinum will have a black double panel roof, black grille, etc, and I will be putting black hard rubber molding around the wheel wells, painting the silver areas inside the wheel wells black, adding the black diffuser on the rear, etc. The contrasting black and silver all around the car should be something I will both enjoy driving and enjoy just looking at.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:58 PM

I got stopped earlier today at a Home Depot parking lot by a young lady that was curious about the car. I ended up spending ~ 1/2 hour showing off the new toy! That was fun! Proof positive that it's a chic magnet!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:24 PM

The brilliant silver Platinum will have a black double panel roof, black grille, etc, and I will be putting black hard rubber molding around the wheel wells, painting the silver areas inside the wheel wells black, adding the black diffuser on the rear, etc. The contrasting black and silver all around the car should be something I will both enjoy driving and enjoy just looking at.
You should come up here to Nashville. Lots of options this way.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 PM

Did you arrange to meet for coffee...lol
Old 08-06-2015, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Minarets
You should come up here to Nashville. Lots of options this way.
If a silver Platinum ever reaches a dealer lot within fifty miles of my home here south of Atlanta, I will grab it and begin my changes. Once done, I will be talking my wife into a few road trips. Nashville is a nice place to visit. Not too big, but not too little. I enjoy taking the Nissan plant tour every half dozen years or so. There are also lots of historical sites around Nashville. I used to visit relatives in Smyrna back in the 1950s. Their home sat where the Nissan plant sits today.

I do have one other little glitch - We just closed on a home August 3rd, and are trying to get all the utilities changed to our name. We will be making lots of changes before moving in - replacing a few windows, converting from carpet to hardwood floors, etc, etc. We own trucks, and will be moving most things ourselves. Heavier things such as our piano and tall mahogany filing cabinets will have to be moved by pros. For the rest of this year, we will have two large homes to care for, and still have to mow the 7 acre lawn at the old home every 10 days until we can have it emptied, cleaned, and ready for sale - probably in November. Our granddaughter is getting married next month. My wife and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next month. We will be with relatives in North Carolina in October. We will be going to our family reunion near Meridian MS in early November. Etc, etc. We are so very busy.

But not too busy to work with my silver 2016 Platinum, if Nissan is actually building any of those.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I live in San Diego and have yet to see another one and I have been looking. I Actually took my 16' SR to a local car how and none there either. What was there were a bunch of people who were excited to see one in person. Most comments ran along the lines of it looks even better in person and hows the CVT?
Old 08-11-2015, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by guitarman
I got stopped earlier today at a Home Depot parking lot by a young lady that was curious about the car. I ended up spending ~ 1/2 hour showing off the new toy! That was fun! Proof positive that it's a chic magnet!
Yes, women seem to react much more positively to this new design than men do. This is pretty obvious from the comments section of any automotive or social media post about this car. Guys complain about FWD/CVT and the ladies love the way it looks.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:20 AM

I still have not seen one on the streets. It is fun, though, having the only one around!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:02 AM

I saw my first one Sunday - a white SL or Platinum.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:10 AM

There is a white SR that I pass on my morning run! Has the black wheels and spoiler. Looks really good!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM

My wife while sitting having her nails done could see outside the store where 6 retired gentlemen surrounded the car and she could hear them admiring it.In a positive way.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:54 PM

2016 Maxiams on the Streets

In the last 8 Weeks I have only seen 5 New 2016 Max's on the Street ,

4 White SL or Platinum's on the Road and one Dark Charcoal sitting parked in a Drive way. This is the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago ? I have noticed that after 8 weeks out, the Dealerships are not over stocked with this new model?
Most only have a few ? Maybe Nissan is being Careful and they might be tough
to get for a while. Love the New SL , Its My Version of a Midnight Max

Black SL , Lights inside and out , Rear Painted Regular Spoiler , tinted Windows, Rocker Panels Black/Chrome, Rear Defuser Black/Chrome , Carbon
Window Trim, HID Reverse Lights , Clear Coat Bra, Mirrors, Front end. Painted Red Brake Calipers, Tough to keep Clean , But Bad *** Looking

2000 Miles and Fun to Drive!!
Old 08-26-2015, 05:37 PM

I haven't seen one on the streets ever... My wife saw a Red one parked at work, as she was leaving. I am envious. I can't wait for mine to come out. I did talk to a 2 dealerships around and they have sold a handful (less tha 5 each) since June.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gildarts
I haven't seen one on the streets ever... My wife saw a Red one parked at work, as she was leaving. I am envious. I can't wait for mine to come out. I did talk to a 2 dealerships around and they have sold a handful (less tha 5 each) since June.
Where in Cali are you, they aren't moving these things nearly as anticipated. Here in car capital of the U.S Southern Cal I have yet to see one, but dealer inventories continue to swell with a lots of them being on the lots since June as you found out from your dealer. :-(
Old 08-26-2015, 07:43 PM

I live 15miles south of Napa (wine country). The car my wife spotted is near there. For other folks, this is like 50miles east of san francisco. Or 50 miles southwest of Sacramento.. Kinda smack in the middle. Lol.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 PM

2016 Maxiams on the Streets?

They're popping up more and more by me close to Pensacola Florida I have seen about 8-10 now 3 in one day. The dealership by me usually has 2-3 in stock all the time as well.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:31 PM

Purchased my Platinum 6/24. Daily commute of about 40 miles in suburb of Wash DC, a metro area of 6 million people. Still have not seen ONE other Maxima on the road or anywhere else besides dealer parking lot. They usually have About 10 around and one on the floor. Lots of looks, mainly from drivers of other nissans and Infiniti s.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:47 PM

I was parking in front of the local Belk store Wednesday afternoon, when my wife said 'Isn't that a new Maxima?' I looked and there was a new gunmetal 2016 Maxima parking right beside us. We got out and walked around the back of our car, and were noting the 'Platinum' on the trunk when the driver emerged and we began to chat.

He was probably late sixties or early seventies. His wife had passed in June, and he seemed to enjoy chatting with someone. He had just returned from Indiana, and said his new Maxima made the trip so very easy. He said it told him exactly what lane to be in at every intersection, turning that lane blue on his screen.

He said that was his seventh Maxima, and he had traded his 2009 in on it at Nissan of Union City (GA). He was admiring how clean my 2009 was, and I told him I had just come from the post office, having mailed another offer on having a 2016 Maxima silver Platinum built for me at the factory, because Nissan was sending out most Platinums with no options but splash guards and trunk liners.

After we finished talking and he headed inside Belk, my wife and I stayed and circled his car several times. I must say that gunmetal was very impressive in the late afternoon sun. My wife has never been into cars (always drives her trucks), but I could tell she was impressed by that beautiful car.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:55 PM

I was finally able to get my 2016 Maxima SL in Deep Blue Pearl today. My wife and I celebrated by driving it at night. Wow, what a head turner indeed. We drove like 90 miles... I haven't seen another one like it. I'm impressed with the Sports mode. I wonder if there's any detriment by just having this on, all the time...
Old 08-29-2015, 01:45 AM

I was finally able to get my 2016 Maxima SL in Deep Blue Pearl today. My wife and I celebrated by driving it at night. Wow, what a head turner indeed. We drove like 90 miles... I haven't seen another one like it. I'm impressed with the Sports mode. I wonder if there's any detriment by just having this on, all the time...
Fuel efficiency naturally will not be quite as high if we keep it in the Sport mode. In the 7th gen, changing to the Sport/Manual simulation reduced the acceleration and fuel efficiency very slightly. But the 8th gen Sport mode seems to operate slightly differently, and I don't yet know whether acceleration is affected, either positively or negatively. I suspect it may be slightly positive.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 08-29-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:29 AM

Nothing in Phila...I got mine on 6/11/15 and drive about 75miles a day go into Jersey and Del. often as well I have not yet seen one on the street or in a parking lot. kinda strange but also kinda cool get lots of looks and questions most have no clue that Nissan even had a new Maxima? I guess we can thank Nissan for poor advertising introducing this car to the non Nissan world.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:53 PM

Fuel efficiency naturally will not be quite as high if we keep it in the Sport mode. In the 7th gen, changing to the Sport/Manual simulation reduced the acceleration and fuel efficiency very slightly. But the 8th gen Sport mode seems to operate slightly differently, and I don't yet know whether acceleration is affected, either positively or negatively. I suspect it may be slightly positive.
I'm ok with lower fuel efficiency. Just love the extra power and engine noise. Lol. The dealer is cautious, though.. Of course I don't want to break the engine nor transmission.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:10 AM

I'm ok with lower fuel efficiency. Just love the extra power and engine noise. Lol. The dealer is cautious, though.. Of course I don't want to break the engine nor transmission.
The key is RPMs. Nissan says we are supposed to go easy on the RPMs the first 1200 miles. I try to keep my RPMs below 4K the first 2K miles, and below 5K RPMs the first 3K miles. Having been driving for almost seventy years (but only 66 years on public highways), it is easy for me to keep RPMs low. That won't be quite as easy for those youngsters below age 70 who are excited with their beautiful new Maxima.

One other think - Nissan says we are not supposed to drive at one speed for long stretches the first 1200 miles. Normally, this would happen only on an extended freeway trip.

And Nissan does not specifically mention this, but I have found that going very easy on the brakes until the braking system is broken in (say around 1200 miles) can result in smoother braking further down the road.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the info LOTH. I can't really force my car to go so fast, as the roads I'm driving on weekends are winding, with sometimes hilly. So I kinda need the extra power for those turns and hill climb. (And braking for occasional deer, cow, fox xing). On weekdays, i just drive 25miles to work, mostly freeway with cops around, so no speeding there. My friend wants to carpool as we got our scheds to sync and wants to see Maxima, so i'll just drive 2-3x per week (alt with his car).
Old 09-02-2015, 04:04 AM

if it, fits

I finally saw a new Maxima. Ironically its a Wht Platinum - same as mine - in my neighborhood.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by JoeWhit
I finally saw a new Maxima. Ironically its a Wht Platinum - same as mine - in my neighborhood.
I have a white Platinum and am in Minneapolis.... Don't suppose you're in my hood? I still have yet to see another Max on the road.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:20 PM

I spoke to 2 of 4 dealership in my area. They sold 6 since June, combined! I'm the only Deep Blue Pearl. 3 whites, 1 red, 1 bordeux black. Hence, i haven't seen another one on the road. (?)
Old 09-02-2015, 09:39 PM

I spoke to 2 of 4 dealership in my area. They sold 6 since June, combined! I'm the only Deep Blue Pearl. 3 whites, 1 red, 1 bordeux black. Hence, i haven't seen another one on the road. (?)
Wow, that's not good for the bottom line. Down here in S.Cal I have not seen one yet roaming the streets since June. Took the Z in for an oil change today and talked with Sales manager which I have known for forever, he said that they have only sold 2 since June :-(. Jokingly he said do you know anyone that wants one....lol!

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 09-02-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:34 AM

I talked to a salesman at Nissan of Athens while I was getting my 7th Gen oil change a couple weekends ago. Of course you have to take everything a car salesman says with at 5lb bag of salt, I think he gave me some pretty good info. At first he was of course dying to get me to trade in my 2011 for the 2016 because I told him I loved it and it was beautiful ect. I dont like some of the body accents, but overall, its badass. After assuring him that I was happy with my 7th Gen I had just bought and that I refused a test drive he started opening up about them. He said they're selling well, and I believe that because every time I go by the dealer, they have different ones in the front display....doesnt mean they sold them, but they prob are. He drives a 370z and said he was thinking about getting the Max, but his 370 was a manual trans and faster. I'll bet! I've seen two on the road so far. Both of them in the NE metro Atlanta area. A black one passed me on Hwy 316 W-bound while I was going E-bound going 90+. I wanted to make a U-ey and catch up to him...I'm sure I'll get my chance to chat with an owner about his/hers soon enough.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:16 PM

I've had mine for about 2 months and now have seen 3 "in the wild". I did, however, see a truck hauling new Maximas and Muranos heading toward Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:29 PM

No word on any new incentives yet? Thats what I'm waiting for. I went in 5 weeks ago and was given quite a run around with the numbers but I'm sure there will be some nice incentives on it by winter.

Quick Reply: 2016 Maximas on the Streets?