8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Guys, lets see them pics!

Old 09-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Good evening folks...and Happy Labor Day! So...I am making my deal manana on a 16 Maxima SR. I am trading in my year old, lightly used 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (10,300 miles, auto, black on black, security group and Performance Package). $36,000 Out-The-Door and On-The-Road. My question is: WHAT COLOR??!! I am torn between Coulis Red and Brilliant Silver. The dealer has the Coulis Red on the lot but, he will (and he can he said) have to bring in a Brilliant Silver for me...should only take 1 day. So for those of you who have the CR or BS...what are your opinions? I know the BS will be much easier to keep clean....any other advantages or disadvantages for BS, vice CR? Thanks in advance for your imput and advice!
Old 09-04-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by AG2016
Good evening folks...and Happy Labor Day! So...I am making my deal manana on a 16 Maxima SR. I am trading in my year old, lightly used 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (10,300 miles, auto, black on black, security group and Performance Package). $36,000 Out-The-Door and On-The-Road. My question is: WHAT COLOR??!! I am torn between Coulis Red and Brilliant Silver. The dealer has the Coulis Red on the lot but, he will (and he can he said) have to bring in a Brilliant Silver for me...should only take 1 day. So for those of you who have the CR or BS...what are your opinions? I know the BS will be much easier to keep clean....any other advantages or disadvantages for BS, vice CR? Thanks in advance for your imput and advice!
I had the same issue. The silver one would be easier to clean and dirt wouldn't show up as much but, to me, it just didn't look as good as the darker CR. I ended up buying the Bordeaux Black instead of the silver one and don't regret it.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:05 PM

Ambivalent,

Thanks for your reply; I have had a silver car before (2006 GTO...DAMN fine car!) and it was so easy to maintain! My current car, '15 Stang is black and it is a PIA to keep even close to clean! I like the Coulis Red...and even the Deep Pearl Blue...but, I am not sure over a 5 year period I wouldn't grow "tired/bored" of the CR or DPB. The silver is such a "neutral" color, it just never seems to ger tired or boring. But, you are right...every time I see a car in the CR, or even a similiar shade of it from other manufacturers, it turns my head. I maybe slowly changing my mind; I have until 10 AM tomorrow to decide.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by nwaltsr
Gave her her first real wash and wax today. I love the way the deep blue pearl really shines in the sunlight.
Love the color man, makes me wish they had it when I bought mine.. I got black
Old 09-04-2016, 11:36 PM

Ambivalent,

Thanks for your reply; I have had a silver car before (2006 GTO...DAMN fine car!) and it was so easy to maintain! My current car, '15 Stang is black and it is a PIA to keep even close to clean! I like the Coulis Red...and even the Deep Pearl Blue...but, I am not sure over a 5 year period I wouldn't grow "tired/bored" of the CR or DPB. The silver is such a "neutral" color, it just never seems to ger tired or boring. But, you are right...every time I see a car in the CR, or even a similiar shade of it from other manufacturers, it turns my head. I maybe slowly changing my mind; I have until 10 AM tomorrow to decide.
Here's mine as a reminder.

Maxima SR
Old 09-05-2016, 05:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ambivalent,

We had a silver Jelly Bean too, and a Terminator... but the Coulis Red is such a cool color... especially in the evenings.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:08 AM

I have the silver max but I would say white and blue are more eye catching for this generation, atleast in my opinion. I chickened out and chose Silver because I did not want to go through the pain to clean. Mine is 2 months old and still looks clean as the first day I bought it. Silver looks more elegant and subdued compared to other colors.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:28 AM

hey guys, I'm new to this forum just though i would introduce myself and my car. I just got this 2016 nissan maxima sv about a week ago. I've done 2 minor mods to it so far which are an ezlip install, and I wrapped the lower side panels black. I'm considering plasti dipping the rims, rear emblems, and door handles, but I'm not sure whether to go matte black or gloss. Also I'm considering wrapping the brake callipers in 3M reflective wrap. I might even add tire stickers. So i need your guys' advise on my future mods.
Attached Thumbnails Guys, lets see them pics!-snapchat-8745133433963301932.jpg   Guys, lets see them pics!-snapchat-4885337418093032837.jpg   Guys, lets see them pics!-20160830_010318.jpg   Guys, lets see them pics!-img-20160831-wa0076.jpeg  
Old 09-05-2016, 02:59 PM

Aradhakr84,

Thanks for your input. Well, I am now the proud new owner of a 2016 Brilliant Silver Maxima SR. The dealership had to "locate and find it" at another dealership (90 miles away); I will pick the car up on Wednesday. I secured the 0% APR for 72 months as well. I think I may have been able to do a little better on the deal (since today was the last day and the dealership REALLY wanted to make the sale) than I did if I had "pushed" harder. But, I paid $35,500K Out-The-Door and On-The-Road, all taxes, title and associated fees included.

I owed $25K on my 15 Mustang Ecoboost and thet gave me $23,000. MSRP on the 16 Maxima SR was $38,470; so $35,000 as a final Out-The-Door and On-The-Road price is probably the final price I should have "dilligently pushed/held out for" but, a $493.06 monthly note on this car (my 15 'Stang note was $430.55...also on a 0% APR financing deal for 72 months through Ford Motor Credit) in my opinion isn't too bad. I believe I did OK...not "great" but, OK. What do you distinguished ladies and gentlemen of this fine forum think? How did I do? Thanks for your inputs; I appreciate them!

Last edited by AG2016; 09-05-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:41 PM

Aradhakr84,

Thanks for your input. Well, I am now the proud new owner of a 2016 Brilliant Silver Maxima SR. The dealership had to "locate and find it" at another dealership (90 miles away); I will pick the car up on Wednesday. I secured the 0% APR for 72 months as well. I think I may have been able to do a little better on the deal (since today was the last day and the dealership REALLY wanted to make the sale) than I did if I had "pushed" harder. But, I paid $35,500K Out-The-Door and On-The-Road, all taxes, title and associated fees included.

I owed $25K on my 15 Mustang Ecoboost and thet gave me $23,000. MSRP on the 16 Maxima SR was $38,470; so $35,000 as a final Out-The-Door and On-The-Road price is probably the final price I should have "dilligently pushed/held out for" but, a $493.06 monthly note on this car (my 15 'Stang note was $430.55...also on a 0% APR financing deal for 72 months through Ford Motor Credit) in my opinion isn't too bad. I believe I did OK...not "great" but, OK. What do you distinguished ladies and gentlemen of this fine forum think? How did I do? Thanks for your inputs; I appreciate them!

Congrats on your new max SR. As long as you are happy with what you get, it all works out at the end.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:47 PM

Aradhakr84,

Congrats!
What did you think of the test drive and the power?
Old 09-05-2016, 04:39 PM

Currentking,

The power was, and is, A W E S O M E!! I test drove a 16 Coulis Red SR for about 20 minutes. And yes, I did put the car into "Sports Mode"...it drives well. The only possible drawback/downside from my short test drive that I noted is perhaps the 16 Maxima SR has a little bit more road noise that permeates into the cabin than my 15 EB Mustang. The ride quality for the two cars is virtually the same...the 15 EB Mustang (with the Performance Package suspension) may ride a little smoother and have less road noise permeate its cabin but, the difference level of road noise that permeates the 16 SR Maxima's cabin vice the 15 EB Mustang's cabin isn't enough to make the 16 Maxima SR's cabin unbearable for normal conversations between people and/or listening to the radio at a moderate level.

I did a few (heh heh) "spirited runs" on a stretch of highway near the dealership...I was impressed in the manner the car handled, especially in some preliminary corners, for its size and weight. While it isn't, nor did I expect it to be, a sports coupe, it balances a smooth ride and nice, predictable handling well, in my opinion. In my "spirited test drive", I did "mash the gas" to see what "guts" the car had...it isn't, and again...I didn't expect it to be...as quick as the 15 EB Mustang...but, it isn't by ANY means SLOW. It gest up and goes quite well and plenty fast for me; I am sure riding at 80 on the interstate will be a breeze with this car and I am willing to bet I can average 25-26 miles per gallon cruising at 80 MPH as well. All in all...I am very impressed with the car and I can't wait to pick up my new "Silver Bullet" on Wednesday.

Last edited by AG2016; 09-05-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:01 AM

A

Originally Posted by AAQ27
hey guys, I'm new to this forum just though i would introduce myself and my car. I just got this 2016 nissan maxima sv about a week ago. I've done 2 minor mods to it so far which are an ezlip install, and I wrapped the lower side panels black. I'm considering plasti dipping the rims, rear emblems, and door handles, but I'm not sure whether to go matte black or gloss. Also I'm considering wrapping the brake callipers in 3M reflective wrap. I might even add tire stickers. So i need your guys' advise on my future mods.
Congats and where did you get ur lip from?
Old 09-06-2016, 04:52 AM

Currentking,

The power was, and is, A W E S O M E!! I test drove a 16 Coulis Red SR for about 20 minutes. And yes, I did put the car into "Sports Mode"...it drives well. The only possible drawback/downside from my short test drive that I noted is perhaps the 16 Maxima SR has a little bit more road noise that permeates into the cabin than my 15 EB Mustang. The ride quality for the two cars is virtually the same...the 15 EB Mustang (with the Performance Package suspension) may ride a little smoother and have less road noise permeate its cabin but, the difference level of road noise that permeates the 16 SR Maxima's cabin vice the 15 EB Mustang's cabin isn't enough to make the 16 Maxima SR's cabin unbearable for normal conversations between people and/or listening to the radio at a moderate level.

I did a few (heh heh) "spirited runs" on a stretch of highway near the dealership...I was impressed in the manner the car handled, especially in some preliminary corners, for its size and weight. While it isn't, nor did I expect it to be, a sports coupe, it balances a smooth ride and nice, predictable handling well, in my opinion. In my "spirited test drive", I did "mash the gas" to see what "guts" the car had...it isn't, and again...I didn't expect it to be...as quick as the 15 EB Mustang...but, it isn't by ANY means SLOW. It gest up and goes quite well and plenty fast for me; I am sure riding at 80 on the interstate will be a breeze with this car and I am willing to bet I can average 25-26 miles per gallon cruising at 80 MPH as well. All in all...I am very impressed with the car and I can't wait to pick up my new "Silver Bullet" on Wednesday.
Wait till you break in and see the difference. I am still amazed at the power my max has. Granted we don't expect our max to be a sports car but its no slouch either. I am surprised to get in 5.5-5.6 range every single time I accelerate to 60 (when my wife is not in the car)

My friend has a 16' WRX (Not STI) and he is amazed by my max's acceleration being a FWD and CVT. I have driven my dad's Lexus GS 350 (the so called Lexus Sports sedan) and it is a fact that my max has better acceleration pull. People underestimate this car due to CVT (Which is not accurate) I was hesitant at first but after test driving the max, the transmission is amazing. Nissan has done such a good job on xtronic transmission, the initial pull is absolutely amazing and there is no lag whatsoever. Maybe I am not an expert as this is my first CVT car ever.

Enjoy your silver bullet!! If you can, please post a pic as we never get tired of seeing one
Old 09-06-2016, 03:03 PM

AG2016 - Congratulations! I held back from expressing an opinion on your Coulis Red/Brilliant Silver quandry, because I felt they are both winners, and wanted you to choose, as you will be the one enjoying driving it. I had a similar quandry, but finally settled on the Brilliant Silver, as that is a color I have always liked. I tend to alternate between silver and other colors. I had a silver 1966 Olds 88, a silver 1970 Olds Cutlass, a silver 1978 Datsun 200SX, a silver 1985 Maxima, a silver 2004 Maxima, and now a silver 2016 Maxima Platinum. But I have had other colors in between those silvers, and enjoyed them all.

I lost interest in black when I could not keep my 1949 Studebaker clean, and the inside stayed boiling hot (no AC in those days). I have stayed away from dark colors ever since. I loved the sky blue of my 2000 Maxima SE, and the white of my 2009 Maxima Premium, but always end up coming back to silver. This silver 2016 looks really great with black trim. I bought and installed black splash guards, bought and installed 1"wide black hard rubber molding around all four wheel wells, and used black vinyl to cover the silver showing inside the wheel wells. I also had Nissan install a black rear valence diffuser. When I finish with my 'addons', I will put a few pics up so folks can boo.

Again, congrats on your choice. I think you chose wisely.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Lightonthehill,

Thanks for the "congratulations" on my "Silver Bullit" and your other very interesting and informative input/comments. It seems like you have had quite the litney of silver cars! I agree with you on dark color/black cars as well; my last two cars (an 11 Altima 3.5 SR and a 15 EB 'Stang) were black and nigh impossible to keep clean. I won't ever own another dark color/black car...too much work, no matter how "sharp" they look for the "five minutes" they are pristine clean. Also, I am in Georgia as well...Augusta. So I also understand how "boiling hot" the inside of dark color/black vehicles get in hot weather. I am quite happy with the color choice; I think silver has a crisp, clean and classic look on the Maxima, as well as (probably) being the easiest (in my opinion) color to keep clean and not get "boiling hot inside during hot weather. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your "Silver Bullit"...I bet it looks sharp with the added black accent trimings.

Last edited by AG2016; 09-06-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:33 PM

Picking up tomorrow blue Maxima 2016 S precertified w 15k miles for 23k from dealer.
Trading my 2016 Accord Sedan paid off for no power. Yes I get 32 mpg but, it feels sooooo slow.

Question, how hard is it to replace the fog lights w led lights? Is it a do it yourself project?

Tia,

Ian B
Old 09-07-2016, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ian B
Picking up tomorrow blue Maxima 2016 S precertified w 15k miles for 23k from dealer.
Trading my 2016 Accord Sedan paid off for no power. Yes I get 32 mpg but, it feels sooooo slow.

Question, how hard is it to replace the fog lights w led lights? Is it a do it yourself project?

Tia,

Ian B
took about 15 minutes for me, I did it through the wheel well
Old 09-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by punkfs
took about 15 minutes for me, I did it through the wheel well
Thanks for info. Can you link me to where you got the leds and price.

Ian B
Old 09-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

new guy here just got mine sorry for the quality

Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jdelga
Nice. Shiny!
Old 09-12-2016, 11:17 AM

Picked this beauty up the other day. Named her Sophia lol Already added LED plate lights and reverse lights, and de-badged trunk. Eibach springs on order!!

Old 09-12-2016, 08:47 PM

mikeymax17 - Cool car for a cool dude. Especially nice for your first post on this site. Keep us up to date as you add and change things on your ride.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by mikeymax17
Picked this beauty up the other day. Named her Sophia lol Already added LED plate lights and reverse lights, and de-badged trunk. Eibach springs on order!!

Nice...
Old 09-13-2016, 07:01 AM

Love the color with those wheels. Enjoy it!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:19 PM

Thanks guys. Looking forward to doing more mods.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

where did you get the led plate lights?
Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 AM

South, TX, where?

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
So far, mine is plain jane. Thinking of some pin stripes and wheels

Old 09-14-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jdelga
where did you get the led plate lights?
Advanced auto parts
Old 09-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

BB SL with 6000K LED Fog Light

BB SL with 6000K LED Fog Light
Attached Thumbnails Guys, lets see them pics!-image1.jpg   Guys, lets see them pics!-image2.jpg  
Old 09-15-2016, 03:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cool

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Got my Max last July. Did very few minor mods. Thinking of plasti dipping the rims and black wrapping the whole roof. what do you think ?

Old 09-15-2016, 07:15 AM

I'd be interested in seeing how the wheels turn out
Old 09-17-2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by MrDillons
Congats and where did you get ur lip from?
Its an EZLIP, its available on ebay, but i got it from a local store.

Last edited by AAQ27; 09-17-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MikeMamad
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Got my Max last July. Did very few minor mods. Thinking of plasti dipping the rims and black wrapping the whole roof. what do you think ?

The roof would look great. Dont know about the rims tho. I just plasti dipped my door handles and my emblems in black. I'll post some pics.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:44 AM

Here is my plasti dipped emblems and chrome piece.
Attached Thumbnails Guys, lets see them pics!-20160909_182901.jpg  
Old 09-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here is my plasti dipped emblems and chrome piece.
Nice! Did you do that yourself?

If not, how much did it cost you and where did you do it?
Old 09-17-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by MikeMamad
Nice! Did you do that yourself?

If not, how much did it cost you and where did you do it?
I did it myself with 2 cans of plasti dip, each cost me 4KD. It took approx. 2 hrs. Before i did it i got a quote from a shop in shuwaikh industrial area that said he would do it for 20KD. I enjoyed doing it myself in my spare time for less than half of the money. I even did the door handles which he said would cost 5 KD more.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I did it myself with 2 cans of plasti dip, each cost me 4KD. It took approx. 2 hrs. Before i did it i got a quote from a shop in shuwaikh industrial area that said he would do it for 20KD. I enjoyed doing it myself in my spare time for less than half of the money. I even did the door handles which he said would cost 5 KD more.
Great!

That's what I am intending to do. I saw the cans in Ace Hardware yesterday. just wanted to study it first and then go for it. I need to buy an electric jack now for removing the wheels.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:10 AM

Old 09-19-2016, 01:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Delivery - Friday, September 16, 2016 (Storm Blue)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guys, lets see them pics!