8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

My new 2017 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My new 2017 Platinum

I think I'm in love..

Old 02-14-2017, 12:12 PM

congrats! you got the best color
Old 02-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Congrats, nice looking car, you will love it, I love mine!
Old 02-14-2017, 08:08 PM

... and so you should be...
Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 AM
I drank what?

Congrats she's a beauty.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Does anyone notice these things kick up a lot of stones underneath. I understand the snow is melting, etc.. but honestly sounds like ur driving on gravel sometimes.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjbhab
Does anyone notice these things kick up a lot of stones underneath. I understand the snow is melting, etc.. but honestly sounds like ur driving on gravel sometimes.
I have had that happen in conditions where the snow has clumped up and is mixed with particles of ice. It should not be a major problem. The splash guards are not on all Maximas, but I see they are on yours. They help protect the sides of the car a little bit, but not as much as splash guards that are true guards. Nissan splash guards are more stylish than functional.

I wish you had the option of taking a few weeks off work and coming down south and finding out just what a wonderful vehicle you have purchased. Here in middle Georgia, we have had more days above 70 degrees than we have had nights below freezing this winter. But we pay dearly when summer comes.

Very nice car.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I have had that happen in conditions where the snow has clumped up and is mixed with particles of ice. It should not be a major problem. The splash guards are not on all Maximas, but I see they are on yours. They help protect the sides of the car a little bit, but not as much as splash guards that are true guards. Nissan splash guards are more stylish than functional.

I wish you had the option of taking a few weeks off work and coming down south and finding out just what a wonderful vehicle you have purchased. Here in middle Georgia, we have had more days above 70 degrees than we have had nights below freezing this winter. But we pay dearly when summer comes.

Very nice car.

oh god, I can't wait to rip around in a couple months once the streets are clean and all the snow is gone.

This is my third maxima, previously had a 2003 SL and a 2005 SL. 5th and 6th generations. I know what i'm getting into.