8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

SR paddles on Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

SR paddles on Platinum?

Has anyone found a way to do this? I test drove an SR and really liked the paddle shifters on it but the jittery ride was a deal breaker and ended up with a platinum with the 19" black midnight edition wheels at a really good price.

My question is how hard would it be to put the SR paddles on a platinum trim car?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:54 AM

You can't,wire hardness is different and ecu , is like putting a front camera and 360 view on a SR it will be Costly and difficult.

Last edited by A36-SR; 02-15-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:49 PM

Just a tidbit here on the Maxima ride. Any time I plan on taking a test drive, I carry a tire gauge with me. If the pressure is the recommended 33psi in the tires of an SE, the ride should be pleasantly firm, but not jittery.

I learned to carry a guage after test-driving an '04 SL back in 2003 that jarred my teeth. It rode like a buckboard, and I told the internet manager (who was with me on the ride) that the tires had to be overinflated. We took the car back to the lot, and she had a tech check the tire pressures. They ranged from 48 psi to 51 psi. Anything over 45 psi exceeds the recommended maximum pressure of most tires, and anything over 40 psi can lead to the tires wearing out in the center of the tread while there is still tread along the outside (shoulder) portion of the tire which will be wasted.

Engineers and technicians have a reason for recommending a specific psi, and we should have a very good reason before varying from that by more than one pound lower or four pounds higher. It is also important to have both tires that are on the same axle be the same size and carrying the same pressure.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 02-15-2017 at 05:56 PM.