8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

"leather floor mats"

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

"leather floor mats"

so im starting to see these pop up everywhere but im not finding any reviews, I was curious if anyone knew anything about them. they claim to be custom made for our cars.
https://floormats.dreamcarz1.org/collections/nissan
Old 02-21-2017, 05:09 AM

That looks awesome, but I'd ruin them the first week I had them.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:48 AM

Definitely not my cup of tea.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:05 AM

Well first of all they are not leather, but micro leather which is made from polyurethane, hence they are durable and waterproof. Wash them just like the WeatherTechs.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:44 PM

Unusual and interesting. I'm sort of attached to the mats that came with my Maxima. Even if drawn to these polyurethane ones, I would not be an 'Early Christian' (the Roman Emperor fed them to the lions). I would wait until I found how well they were working with other folks before considering them.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:06 PM

looks too cheap on a modern car. not on vintage cars of the yore in the 30's and 40's if you're driving a Morgan.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
looks too cheap on a modern car. not on vintage cars of the yore in the 30's and 40's if you're driving a Morgan.
Or even a Cord or Auburn or Dusenberg. But these mats would not be appropriate on a Terraplane or Henry J. or Fraser.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:09 PM

Now that's a car I have not heard in ages since watching Jay Leno's Garage, Cord and Auburn, Nash and so on.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
Now that's a car I have not heard in ages since watching Jay Leno's Garage, Cord and Auburn, Nash and so on.
And then there was the 'Tucker', produced in 1948, that had a third headlight in the center of the grille that turned when the steering wheel was turned. I had two 2nd gen (1985) Maximas (one was my wife's) which had what I called 'ditch' lights. When I turned on the turn signal, a bright light near the parking light would come on, pointed at a 45 degree angle from the front, in the direction of the turn. My first car was a '49 Studebaker. Before that, I was sometimes allowed to nurse my Dad's 1946 Ford pickup when we were on National Forest property. It was forest green, and belonged to the U.S. Forest Service. Before that, I was restricted to maneuvering trailers between loading docks on my uncle's trucking company property. Before that, I was limited to Schwinn bicycles. Before that, tricycles. That was during the first term of the Roosevelt administration. Rewind complete.

I cannot imagine what folks of those days would think if they could see the 8th gen Maxima.