8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Looking for opinions/reviews on these VLEDS for fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 11:25 AM

Looking for opinions/reviews on these VLEDS for fog lights

I came across these in my search for LED fog lights, and was impressed with the build/options available.

http://www.vleds.com/shop-applicatio...ght-bulbs.html

I like the fact that they are available in 5K color, and are adjustable to get the correct angle to project the LED. They are not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I spoke with the guy from VLEDS (Jake), and he was really knowledgeable. Heck he even explained the REAL difference between H11, H16 and 5202, and where the confusion originally stemmed from. We spoke about the dreaded "moisture" problems so many are having when replacing their stock halogens, and he made some good points about it regarding quality of construction, and proper sealing (not just the gasket leaking).

Their reported lumen output is measured, and not calculated.

Does anyone have experience with these fogs?
Old 03-24-2017, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by calabs
I came across these in my search for LED fog lights, and was impressed with the build/options available.

I like the fact that they are available in 5K color, and are adjustable to get the correct angle to project the LED. They are not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I spoke with the guy from VLEDS (Jake), and he was really knowledgeable. Heck he even explained the REAL difference between H11, H16 and 5202, and where the confusion originally stemmed from. We spoke about the dreaded "moisture" problems so many are having when replacing their stock halogens, and he made some good points about it regarding quality of construction, and proper sealing (not just the gasket leaking).

Since I got no replies, I decided to give these a whirl. Got the 5000K color temp. I'll review them once they are installed.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:57 PM

http://Simdevanma LED Automobile Headlight Bulbs with Advanced LED Chip and All-in-One Conversion kit-80W/8,000LM/6,000K-2 Year Warranty(Upgraded Version) (H https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXMIRY6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apap_xrYMBhWko1xkN

Got this for fog they are on sale if you buy two sets of them. No moisture build till now, and the road lights up preety good.. no fan noise.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:06 PM

I have 4 of these 6000 k in mine and they work beautiful. Also the match the low bean headlight color.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...72.m2749.l2658
Old 03-25-2017, 09:06 AM

Since I got no replies, I decided to give these a whirl. Got the 5000K color temp. I'll review them once they are installed.
Originally Posted by xydehead
Wow those must be super bright! Do they overpower your headlights?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Wow those must be super bright! Do they overpower your headlights?
Since the drl never matched the sr stock led, but on the hind side stock led headlight match perfectly with fogs. I have them for couple of weeks, did some night driving and still no one has flashed at me. They do project more on the sides, which fogs are suppose to. But the total lamination on the street is just amazing loving it.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:07 PM

Finally had a chance to install these.

Put these in today with a pair of 2strokes for low beams. At 5000K, they really match the drls well.

I've taken some daytime photos and will post them once I get the night pics.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:13 AM

Really happy...

Before

2strokes in low beams and VLEDs on passenger side fogs

Complete installation

Night shot

Put these in today with a pair of 2strokes for low beams. At 5000K, they really match the drls well.

I've taken some daytime photos and will post them once I get the night pics.

I'm really happy with these fogs. The color temp is an exact match to the DRLs (the night shot does not do the true color justice in both the 2strokes and the fogs). Way brighter than stock halogens. Because these fogs are adjustable, the LEDs can be positioned in the reflector housing (left-to-right) so the dispersion pattern travels horizontally and does not blind the oncoming traffic.

Last edited by calabs; 05-24-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 AM

Moisture control

Before

2strokes in low beams and VLEDs on passenger side fogs

Complete installation

Night shot

I'm really happy with these fogs. The color temp is an exact match to the DRLs (the night shot does not do the true color justice in both the 2strokes and the fogs). Way brighter than stock halogens. Because these fogs are adjustable, the LEDs can be positioned in the reflector housing (left-to-right) so the dispersion pattern travels horizontally and does not blind the oncoming traffic.

Just want to follow up on how these are holding up. It's been pretty rainy here in the Northeast, and so far there is no moisture in the fog housings. Let's hope it stays that way!!!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dude..you just made my day. I've been thinking about doing this exact thing since I bought mine a few months ago but was having a hell of a time figuring out what fogs would match the DRLs the best.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ghostyghost
Dude..you just made my day. I've been thinking about doing this exact thing since I bought mine a few months ago but was having a hell of a time figuring out what fogs would match the DRLs the best.

It's nice to put a smile on someone's face! They just updated their website as the 5000K have been on back order. The ETA is the end of the month. I had to wait for mine as well, so I guess they sell a lot of the 5000K (6000K are always available!).
Old 06-08-2017, 10:34 AM

One last time....

Just want to follow up on how these are holding up. It's been pretty rainy here in the Northeast, and so far there is no moisture in the fog housings. Let's hope it stays that way!!!

Last update on the potential moisture issue.....The Northeast is still raining on and off, and I put the car through a rigorous car wash the other day....still no moisture in the housing. I consider this a successful install!
Old 02-23-2018, 06:57 PM

Last update on the potential moisture issue.....The Northeast is still raining on and off, and I put the car through a rigorous car wash the other day....still no moisture in the housing. I consider this a successful install!
Still no moisture ???
Old 02-23-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by STL_SR
Still no moisture ???
Dry as a bone....!
Old 03-07-2018, 06:14 AM

I just ordered these.....fingers crossed...I have the same success as you....after reading so many threads on the condensation issue. Funny thing is I had on order the same alla lighting ones that you had issues with....but I decided to send them back and get the vleds that you have now....
Old 03-11-2018, 06:20 AM

I had ordered a set of 5k Leds for my fogs too a few weeks ago. I have been unable to install cause the car is too low and I don't have ramps or anything. Winter is not the time to freeze on the ground getting annoyed trying to install these.

I have seen plenty of moisture in my stock fogs, I need to search here for the issues related to this.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:27 AM

DO you guys drive around with your Fogs on?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
DO you guys drive around with your Fogs on?
because is cool yo