8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Parking aid range question.....

Old 06-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Parking aid range question.....

I seen in the user manual it says Near/Mid./Far I have it on the factory setting which is set to Mid. I don't like it since it seems it waits to long to sound off when you get close to something. I want it more sensitive then that. But not sure which one to pick Near or Far? Maybe I am not understanding how the system works correctly either? We came from a 2015 Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ and it was very sensitive when getting close to things. This Maxima is not like that which leads me to believe its a setting I am missing some where.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:07 PM

Anyone?
Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I haven't actually done a test to confirm, but my interpretation is that "far" would mean detect objects farther away. That's where I have mine set. I can tell you it goes off pretty much every time I go through a drive-thru. LOL
Old 06-14-2017, 08:26 AM
I drank what?

I am curious to see if the FEB actually works I can just never get someone to stand in front of me...
Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by kenny85921
I haven't actually done a test to confirm, but my interpretation is that "far" would mean detect objects farther away. That's where I have mine set. I can tell you it goes off pretty much every time I go through a drive-thru. LOL
Sounds right. I changed it to far the other day and its much more sensitive. The only thing is when you hear it going off from the front while moving forward. You have to hit the camera button to see where its coming from. Unless I am missing something to do it automatically by switching to the camera to show you?
Old 07-18-2017, 05:11 PM

I don't have a front camera on my SR but if you set the screen in front of your steering wheel (not sure what it's called) to sonar it will show you which sensor are going off. At least the corner ones.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by casiouser
I don't have a front camera on my SR but if you set the screen in front of your steering wheel (not sure what it's called) to sonar it will show you which sensor are going off. At least the corner ones.
I seen that but I have to manually push the camera button to see what sensor it is when it beeps while moving forward. Guess its by design. I thought there might be a setting when it beeps going forward it will cut to the camera automatically and show you where its coming from? According to the manual it does but its not switching to the camera automatically up front for me and only beeps. Can anyone else please test this and see if the front camera automatically comes on when it beeps?

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 07-18-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:13 PM

Can someone please test this driving forward to see if the camera goes on automatically or not? Or do you just get a beep? I cant recall myself if it does this or not and since they changed the whole head unit. I don't know if its working right or not.

***EDIT***

I found a test dummy to use and it works while in drive with the brake on. I did not have enough room to test while rolling and will try another day.

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 07-19-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:31 PM

Okay this is weird and I still need to know if its working as designed. I was backing out yesterday from a parking space at the store. Put it in drive and was turning my wheels to the left. There was a car in front of me as well. All I got was beeping and no camera for a visual to see what censor was being triggered up front. Is this normal with the camera not kicking in showing you?

Search this Thread