8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

No CD Information-Text on Display while Playing

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 AM

No CD Information-Text on Display while Playing

I did a search for this but too difficult to narrow down. I don't listen to a lot of CDs anymore. It I did buy one recently. A brand new release. When I play the CD, I get no info on the screen. No title, track name, etc. I find it hard to believe in 2017 that this Bose system can't pull down CD info from eithe the disc itself or from a service like GraceNote.

So am I missing a setting somewhere or is this another deficiency with this Bose premium sound system?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:15 AM

hmm.. i have always thought cd players do not really read info, that [mp3s] other formats will when information are embedded on the file. Last cd i inserted was Prince's latest release, and that did not show any info. i hope this is something i have also missed on some settings.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:39 AM

I don't know if the Nissan Bose system uses GraceNote to update its data or if it read CD text off the disc. I can find absolutely nothing on GraceNote or updating the data base the system uses. Guess I will contact Nissan Services next week to see if I can find anything. I may also try to rip a CD from iTunes where I initially ripped the retail disc to. I know I can specify that CD Text be included in the rip.

But you would think that if you have Nissan Connect Services the system could find the disc info and update it automatically. My Acura used to do this.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:57 PM

Update: I burned the CD I had imported into iTunes onto a blank CD and made sure the CD Text option was checked. When I played the CD all the CD info was on the screen....name of the CD, artist and track name. Now if I could only figure out how Nissan stores its CD data...GraceNote or something else.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 PM

What's a CD?
Old 06-18-2017, 09:59 AM

LOL!!! I don't use em much anymore. But they still sound better than streaming on the right system which unfortunately the Bose system is not n
Old 06-19-2017, 03:54 AM
I drank what?

I don't listen to CD much either but the one do listen to doesn't show the information but then again I don't think I ever had a CD that displayed the information. It's not "Nissan's Bose" system its whoever created the CD. I personally love the system in the Maxima, It's no Mark Levinson system but it doesn't claim to be either.