8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

I need to know The Ambient Lighting Truth?

Old 07-02-2017, 07:41 PM

I need to know The Ambient Lighting Truth?

I just bought a 2017 Maxima Platinum. I didn't get the Medallion package so I only have the dim stripe of ambient lighting around the trim.

Can I get the FACTORY ambient light that goes on the floor and in the cup holders AND control it from the head unit?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:59 PM

The dealer can install for you if you are not so inclined to do it yourself. It wont be cheap but sure you can get it.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild
The dealer can install for you if you are not so inclined to do it yourself. It wont be cheap but sure you can get it.
ok...I'll stop by and ask today...its just that it is for my wife so I want to keep it as simple as possible because she is not technical...if it is run from factory I know that she can control it from the head unit.

when you sao "not cheap" how much you thinkin?
Old 07-03-2017, 11:16 AM

I feel you. I got the medallion package cause I wanted the lighting and spoiler. I didn't care much for the wheels, but I knew I was going to change them to the SR 19"s anyway.
You don't control the lighting from the head unit. There will be a small switch in your center console that you use to change the colors and turn them on/off.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by H Town
I feel you. I got the medallion package cause I wanted the lighting and spoiler. I didn't care much for the wheels, but I knew I was going to change them to the SR 19"s anyway.
You don't control the lighting from the head unit. There will be a small switch in your center console that you use to change the colors and turn them on/off.
thank you for the info...do the 19s look significantly different then the 18s? you have any pictures?

I just came from the dealer and they told me it would be $625 labor and $250 for the kit....
Old 07-03-2017, 03:31 PM

625 labor....250 for the kit...!!!! OUCH what a RIPOFF. This is exactly why I went with the Medallion package from the factory.
I have the standard 19" SR wheels. Nothing special. I just really liked the way they looked with the car.
I went from this:

to this:
Old 07-03-2017, 05:31 PM

Hold there, you cant control from the head unit the control is install inside the center consel
Old 07-03-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by H Town
625 labor....250 for the kit...!!!! OUCH what a RIPOFF. This is exactly why I went with the Medallion package from the factory.
I have the standard 19" SR wheels. Nothing special. I just really liked the way they looked with the car.
I went from this:

to this:
that is sexy!!!
Old 07-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by A36-SR
Hold there, you cant control from the head unit the control is install inside the center consel
in the same place as the heat/cooling seats or where the main control **** is?
Old 07-04-2017, 03:00 AM

The ambient lighting controls are inside the storage bin in the center console. My dealer wanted around $650 to buy and install the ambient lighting package (not an easy job for anyone not into auto wiring), so I made sure to buy my new Platinum with the accent lighting and ground lighting already installed at the factory.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:51 PM

I did my ,i install two kits i did 4 leds in cup holders,under the rear front sits and under the foot at front.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM

i got the dealer to do the install for me for FREE (WHOO HOO) but I feel like something is missing. there were lights in the front foot area and in the cup holder but none in the back. Is that how it is supposed to be?

Search this Thread