8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Navigation help here please.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 06:42 PM

Navigation help here please.....

I tested out the navigation finally around town and well I was less then pleased. The voice guidance comes on way to late. I noticed the factory setting is on 2. If I switch it to 3 and from my understanding. It should talk much sooner yes? Or am I missing a setting some where else? Just going to my house it was whining about the road not being complete or something. Which it is and I was on the highway going to my house. I am going to Portland, Oregon on Saturday and I am pretty nervous going using this navigation system. Does not seem that great at all. Maybe another setting/settings I need to adjust about knowing the turns etc to come up quicker?

Last edited by FattiesGoneWild; 07-13-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:07 AM

My nav system has generally performed OK as long as I am in well-populated areas with a well-established road system/infrastructure with the satellite not blocked by trees, heavy clouds or high buildings.. But roads built new within the last ten years are either sketchy or missing. Worse, travel data is far from current. On a two week trip I completed yesterday, I was directed to non-existent motels twice, to motels that had changed brands three times, to non-existent gas stations around six times and to gas stations that had changed brands around ten times. And don't get me started on restaurants.

I hope to have the updated nav data base installed in the near future.

With a few exceptions, the timing and directions seemed fairly good. But I am no nav expert.