8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Disable Beeping when turning car off/door open

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 05:13 PM

Disable Beeping when turning car off/door open

So I have had my car for about 3 months and 1 thing I can not stand is when you turn the car off and have the door open, The damn car beeps and its pretty loud and annoying.

I have noticed if you close the door or open another door the beeping stops..

If you turn the car off before opening your door there is no beep..

Does anyone know how to disable this? Its just really annoying and It is kinda a useless feature... like why would the car beep.. It beeps completely different when you leave your lights on... so what purpose would it need to beep if you have your door open... regardless Is there a way to turn this feature off?
Old 07-23-2017, 07:14 PM

Probably not. Another feature proposed by industry/government to keep you safe.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Richard66
Probably not. Another feature proposed by industry/government to keep you safe.
Granted I have not driven a whole lot of new cars, But I have driven my far share and rented newer cars of many different manufactures and I have never encountered a car that beeps at you on a regular basis.

Generally they beep to let you know you forgot something that was on... but this isn't anything left on.. its just the fact that you turned the car off with the door open.

I cant see it being an industry standard.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:19 PM

Because of this i make the effort to turn the car off before opening the door just to not hear that beeping... first world problems.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:50 AM

I'm sure there is a reason that combination of events initiates the beeping. I just cannot figure out what it is...
Old 07-24-2017, 12:24 PM

Over the past two years, I have spent time thinking about this particular situation, and see several possible minor safety implications. But this specific beeping situation frequently catches my wife, and it bothers her to have to close and reopen the door each time. It doesn't really bother me, as I understand it is simply another safety application gone slightly awry. At my age, I have long since stop letting seemingly strange or senseless things annoy me. If I did not have that approach, our current political situation would eat me alive. I just smile a lot and keep moving.