8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

line output converter

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Exclamation line output converter

hi guy,
so i installed 2 *12" L7 yesterday in my 2017 nissan maxima sl.
the bass is amazing. however I'm getting aa feedback when the music is turned down and when the bass **** is turned up.
the dealer told me that the problem is the bluetooth audio, the microphone that the car has. if i take that out then i won't get a feedback.
but of course i don't want to do that. any help how i can get rid of this feedback?????
Old 07-27-2017, 08:53 PM

isn't that the noise cancelling thingy
Old 07-28-2017, 03:19 AM

No need to remove anything. Check out this youtube video and I believe this will fix your problem.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 09maxima_sam
no need to remove anything. Check out this youtube video and i believe this will fix your problem. :d:d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztei0lkalte
yes! You"re awsome. It worked perfectly fine after i disabled the anc>
Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Better question is...what other fun things are hidden in that menu???
Old 08-04-2017, 06:24 PM

Wire routing 2016/17

Jewan, how did you route power wiring for your new sub amp? Do you know where the factory fire wall penetrations are? The easiest routes through the cabin (you know, those that don't require you to take all the seats out)?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM

I just did mine yesterday, I routed mine through the grommet the hood release goes through. I was able to get 8GA power/ground through but not much room for anything else.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 AM

Thanks, bghouse. I think I'm going to use 4 ga, so I may need to find, or make, another hole in the fire wall.

When you routed your power and ground, did you go under the door sill trim pieces and then around the back seat?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:50 AM

Yep, really easy. Check out this thread by tommie70, great walkthrough for doing this.

EDIT: You need to take out your back seat so technically its easier to go under it if that helps.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by macdonjh
Jewan, how did you route power wiring for your new sub amp? Do you know where the factory fire wall penetrations are? The easiest routes through the cabin (you know, those that don't require you to take all the seats out)?
i did mine from below the steering wheel. there was a fire wall hole there and send it thru there.its easy to get it thru. just remove the air filter to see the wire coming out from the firewall. i didn't take out any seats. i ran it in the door space on the driver side all the way to the back. just had to release the back seats to pull the 4gauge wire.