8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Diode Dynamics Switchback mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 05:56 AM

Diode Dynamics Switchback mod questions

I've read through the previous threads on this forum (and the DD video), but have a couple of questions for those who have done this mod.

1. I recall reading somewhere that the color temperature is different using the new circuit compared to the OEM board (I think I read it was 6500K). Can someone confirm this? Is the switchback DRL now brighter, and can you actually SEE the top of the DRL during the day? I also heard that there are about 2X the number of LED chips on the new mod as well.

2. For those who did the mod themselves, any tips/tricks you can share on how to open the headlights? These lights are pretty bulky, and may not fit in a standard-size oven. Are there any clips or screws you need to release/unscrew before cracking the headlight?

Any other help would be very much appreciated. I'm looking to do this mod while I attempt to swap out the halogen projector with a Morimoto Mini H1 HID.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Bump

Originally Posted by calabs
I've read through the previous threads on this forum (and the DD video), but have a couple of questions for those who have done this mod.

1. I recall reading somewhere that the color temperature is different using the new circuit compared to the OEM board (I think I read it was 6500K). Can someone confirm this? Is the switchback DRL now brighter, and can you actually SEE the top of the DRL during the day? I also heard that there are about 2X the number of LED chips on the new mod as well.

2. For those who did the mod themselves, any tips/tricks you can share on how to open the headlights? These lights are pretty bulky, and may not fit in a standard-size oven. Are there any clips or screws you need to release/unscrew before cracking the headlight?

Any other help would be very much appreciated. I'm looking to do this mod while I attempt to swap out the halogen projector with a Morimoto Mini H1 HID.

I'm surprised there's been no replies to this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!