8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan Logo Door CourtesyLights

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Logo Door CourtesyLights

Amazon Amazon

Just installed these...super easy to hook up and very cool looking. Very sharp projection image. There are several different ones available so be careful to ensure you are ordering the right one you want.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by capecoder
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just installed these...super easy to hook up and very cool looking. Very sharp projection image. There are several different ones available so be careful to ensure you are ordering the right one you want.
Are these from China? How long to get to you from when ordered?

Ian B
Old 08-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Ian B
Are these from China? How long to get to you from when ordered?

Ian B
Yes, shipped from China and delivered in 3 weeks.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:06 AM

I got these, and were delivered in 3 days:
Amazon Amazon

Installation was a breeze; two minutes, no tools. They project a nice crisp image.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan Logo Door CourtesyLights-logo.jpg  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by dmstangu
I got these, and were delivered in 3 days: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS1D5XR/

Installation was a breeze; two minutes, no tools. They project a nice crisp image.
Awesome. Thx for pic, just ordered a set.

Ian B
Old 08-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I got these, and were delivered in 3 days: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS1D5XR/

I just ordered those last night should be here fri.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:30 AM

I'm glad you enjoy yours, so please don't be offended by me saying this. But I think the whole logo projected on the ground thing seems pretty cheesy. I'd much rather have some other image, maybe an animated arrow pointing in, or just a box filled with some grid lines to highlight the area under car... so you see if there's a puddle there. Just my 2c
Old 08-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

There is an opening in the "projector" that you can remove the "slide" from and not have an image show....you'd just have a round circle of light. If you were crafty and you could take some clear film and make up whatever you'd like.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Fishlet
I'm glad you enjoy yours, so please don't be offended by me saying this. But I think the whole logo projected on the ground thing seems pretty cheesy. I'd much rather have some other image, maybe an animated arrow pointing in, or just a box filled with some grid lines to highlight the area under car... so you see if there's a puddle there. Just my 2c
For a moment there, I thought about ordering and installing lights with the BMW logo, jus to confuse the heck out of my passengers...
Old 08-24-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fishlet
I get your thought however Nissan also offers the lighted door sill plates and the under the car side lighting as options. I have both and just love the look. I kind of agree that a blank with light circle shining down might be more subtle.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:17 PM

Got mine today, 2 mins to install and very happy. Thanks dmstangu for link.

Ian B
Old 08-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Are they the lit logos on the kick panels?
Old 08-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here is my Batman logo. It ended up being a combo job. I initially bought the door ghost projectors that stick on the side of the door with 3M tape. The batteries wore out so quick, it was ridiculous. So I ordered the Nissan door insert set and removed the Nissan image inside of it. I replaced it with the batman logo from the 3M tape door projectors. Then I modified the batman image insert (by cutting) and removed the white outline from the image. So now you only see the batman logo. I didnt set out to do the swap but I wanted to keep the Batman logo. Now the logo shows up brighter using the led light from the insert. Its way brighter than using the battery powered projectors!

This is the door insert - compatible with 2017 (and 16). It snapped in perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS1D5XR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS1D5XR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was my first purchase but the life span using AAA batteries are a joke:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DWP6544/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DWP6544/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-28-2017, 05:32 PM

Sweet! Now THAT is what this feature is for
Old 08-28-2017, 07:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks Fishlet!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 AM

Sooo... does he show up, every time you open the door?.. ;-)
Old 08-29-2017, 08:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sooo... does he show up, every time you open the door?.. ;-)

Only when wifey does the sinister Joker laugh and I have to run out of the car!