8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan Connect Services Updated

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Nissan Connect Services Updated

For anyone who uses Nissan Connect - they just did a service update last night. Looks like they cleaned up the app, and added a bunch of new features (Ability to see where my car is on a map is fantastic). They also claim to have added Alexa support, which would be great! I don't see an Alexa skill yet, but it would be amazing to wake up on a cold day, and tell Alexa to start my car while I get changed for the gym.

There was also mention of Connect Services Pricing "after 3 year trial", but when I called to ask why my trial is only listed as 6 months, looks like they now removed that from the website.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:34 AM

The new app broke for me - now I have no access for things like remote start / lock etc.
Called them and they said they will notify me when it gets fixed - apparently it is affecting many people.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:41 AM

Just contacted them again online -
this is the canned response:

I do apologize you are having this issue due to the system updates our system is currently still under maintenance . You may provide me with your last name, e-mail , contact number ,Vin and mailing address. This can also ensure that we have your most up to date information in our system and I can also contact you when the system is up and running. At this time we do not have a ETA when NissanConnect will be back up.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:33 AM

Very odd. Mine seems to be working flawlessly. Guess I got lucky!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM

Workaround

Mine works kinda-sorta. The app does not work as before the update but I found a work around. I open the app then select the owners portal. There I can select the Nissan Connect services and it redirects me back to the app and it works.

EDIT. Works perfectly now, must have updated the app or the program.

Last edited by 2young2retire; 09-14-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:30 PM

The Nissan Connect Services app keeps telling me "Login failed please check email and password"

I know it's correct since I try the same thing on the website and it works just fine.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 AM

Call the support number. Now they say that anyone who is affected will receive an additional month added to their subscription...
Old 01-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My free trial of NissanConnect Services had expired on my 2017 Maxima and was excited to see from Nissan's website (https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/fe...yment-options) that pricing for the NissanConnect Services Premium package appeard to include the basic Select Package for the first 3 years, therefore discounted the normal $19.99 package I was looking at in order to be able to lock/unclock & remote start vehicle was going to cost me $8.00 per month for the first three years. Long story short, after calling them to enroll they informed me that the NissanConnect Services for my 40k+ / less than 1 year old 2017 vehicle, the Premium Package would cost me the $19.99 per month and I needed to hover the asterick which states "Pricing and trail periods apply only to 2018 models".

Does anyone know the difference between 2017 & 2018 offerings to justify the cost difference? Has anyone else had this same non logical experiance and been able to have them extend the offer to 2017 vehicles?
Old 01-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Wow I literally just got off the phone about 20 minutes ago with Nissan about this. They had no clue about this special pricing. Until I pointed it out to the rep and he found it. Was going to give me the $8.00 price instead of $19.99 but the system blocked him from doing so. Since it had expired on the 23rd of December no go. IF I had called before that I would have got the pricing at $8. Even he said that is a big difference in savings and did not blame me trying my best getting it for $8. So if I want the middle end service I would have to pay $19.99 a month. So don't waste your time if the trial expired and you want this special pricing. Even if the rep is willing to do it their system locks them out from doing so.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 AM

My trial expired after the 6 months sometime back in June of last year and I left it along until I decided to try it again back in November of 2017 and the rep said I have 6 months free that I never used and re-activated it for me again. I am not complaining I am just using the 6 months free again til it run out. Try asking for it or tell them before the app update your trial never worked right they might give it to you again.

Good luck
Old 01-10-2018, 10:18 AM

Well I unerstand anyones frustration with this half baked option. Not worth it then, not worth even @ 8 bucks a month.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Says its not even compatible with my 16 SR