8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

replacing external cvt filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:24 PM

replacing external cvt filter

getting ready to change the cvt fluid and replace the external filter on a 3rd gen Murano (but it has the same setup as concerns the external filter as the 8th gen max). anyone already do these and have some tips/heads-ups especially for the filter? I have a 4th gen max and the knowledge pool there is very deep; murano forums are slim pickings in comparison but i'm hoping this 8th gen max forum is more like the 4th max one. thanks in advance for pertinent useful responses.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by surban1
getting ready to change the cvt fluid and replace the external filter on a 3rd gen Murano (but it has the same setup as concerns the external filter as the 8th gen max). anyone already do these and have some tips/heads-ups especially for the filter? I have a 4th gen max and the knowledge pool there is very deep; murano forums are slim pickings in comparison but i'm hoping this 8th gen max forum is more like the 4th max one. thanks in advance for pertinent useful responses.
We 8th-genners haven't had much time with our cars yet. I suppose some are nearing 50,000 mile interval though. What's up guys/gals?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:32 PM

no ones changed their cvt filter yet?
Old 12-09-2017, 12:18 AM

im at 75k and the nissan guy doesnt recommended it until 100k of “normal” driving..
it still drives like a beast.

but i have to research that more.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM

sounds like CVT's are failing frequently in the 8th gens... I'd recommend replacing that filter more often, and cutting it upon after you remove it to see if there is any debris or wear metals in there... might be an indicator of things to come.

#thanksnissan.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dub Jones
sounds like CVT's are failing frequently in the 8th gens... I'd recommend replacing that filter more often, and cutting it upon after you remove it to see if there is any debris or wear metals in there... might be an indicator of things to come.

#thanksnissan.
Dub,

I've been hanging out here for a while now and I don't get that impression at all. a few have reported some strange behavior, be it the CVT or torque converter.. but seldom have I heard anything about it failing outright.