8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Bose audio system: Rattling noise coming from the front two doors while playing music

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bose audio system: Rattling noise coming from the front two doors while playing music

Hi guys,

Greetings from Oman and hope everyone's doing great. I'm creating this thread with the hope that one of you can help me sort out a longstanding issue. The speakers on the front doors of my 2017 Maxima are rattling (it's not so much a rattle as it is a buzz) quite bad - and it is annoying (that's annoying with a capital 'A').

I did notice that the right speaker was rattling/buzzing more than the left one and holding down the panel to try pinpoint the source of the vibrations ended in vain.

The car's still under warranty and I was wondering if I should take it in for a check - although the folks here will charge me for that. I'd appreciate it if you guys could advice me what to do.

- Alvin
Old 12-15-2017, 06:13 AM

Sounds like a defective speaker (s). I'd take it back to the dealer but in order to make your case, select an MP3 song or use a CD with a song that accentuates this problem so there is no doubt to the tech it is bad
Old 12-16-2017, 05:47 AM

I didn’t notice any buzzing/rattling until I put after market speakers in. It probably took me longer to find and fix then the entire install. There are two places where I was getting the noise, and it still isn’t 100%. It was worse in the cold weather too. Everywhere the door panel has a seam, I had to carefully shove weather stripping rubber in between the seams. Then there’s the window and door buttons. The button assemblies themselves rattle, and there isn’t much you can do about them. I again had to try and take the weather stripping and shove that between the switch assemblies and the cutout in the door handles.