8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Dim Reverse Camera Screen

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dim Reverse Camera Screen

Anyone else running into the issue of the reverse camera basically not useable during the daytime because it's so dark??

I feel crazy thinking that it's dimmer than when I got it-- I definitely relied on it the first couple months... and one day I couldn't see anything out of it when the sun was shining.

And if so, fixes?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 PM

Taking a wild guess here, is your headlights turned on during the day. That may dim the interior controls lighting
Old 09-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Fishlet
Taking a wild guess here, is your headlights turned on during the day. That may dim the interior controls lighting
I have checked that, they're auto. And I don't keep anything ontop of the dash to mess with the sensors either...
Old 09-28-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bbybrooks
I have checked that, they're auto. And I don't keep anything ontop of the dash to mess with the sensors either...
Seems like there is a screen brightness setting in there somewhere. If this does not work then off to the dealer, hopefully under warranty.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:55 AM

Is your screen in night mode? I remember one time I had this problem and it was driving me nuts. I had accidentally put the screen in night mode and everything was very dim. And the sad part is, it's not in the settings anywhere. I had a heck of a time finding but it's hidden in plain sight! It's the top right hand button on the screen that will switch between day and night mode.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by PapaDroid
Is your screen in night mode? I remember one time I had this problem and it was driving me nuts. I had accidentally put the screen in night mode and everything was very dim. And the sad part is, it's not in the settings anywhere. I had a heck of a time finding but it's hidden in plain sight! It's the top right hand button on the screen that will switch between day and night mode.
If that doesn't work, here's a thread that explains how to adjust the camera video settings:

https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/692210-horrible-rear-view-camera.html
Old 10-16-2017, 06:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by PapaDroid
Jfc. Thank you lmao