8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Replace Tire on Midnight Edition Rim, without damage, expecting to much?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Replace Tire on Midnight Edition Rim, without damage, expecting to much?

My Wife cars got a Nail in it, turns out we needed a new tire. Took it to the dealer to get the tire. Waited an long time. After a while the Service Adviser comes to us to tell us that the tech put the tire on backwards, and they need to re- do it. Ok seemed odd, but OK. I said whatever you have to do, as long as they don't scratch up the wheel.

Fast Forward another Half hour, the Service Adviser comes out and say, welp they damaged the wheel, but we are gonna fix it, obliviously not happy but agreed to get the wheel repaired, assuming minor. When we go to inspect, the entire wheel is scored and gashed all over, i mean ridiculous. I told the Service Adviser this isn't going to work, I need a new wheel here.

So the manager comes out and after a brief discussion agreed to replace the wheel. But then he proceeded to tell me, you know every time you get new tires your wheels are going to get damaged. That doesn't sit well with me and I basically told him that's Bull****.

So what do you think, I am dreaming expecting my wheels to not get damaged when tires are being serviced. Should I avoid this dealer, I mean he is basically saying they are not capable of professional work, right?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:15 AM

I’ve changed tires multiple times on very expensive wheels and if they do it carefully nothing gets scratched or damaged.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:39 PM

the answer is - depends
If the shop has right tools and has a tech who knows how to use them, there should not be any issues.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:54 PM

Don’t let those people touch your car anymore. They clearly don’t know what they are doing there. With aftermarket 20’s I’ve had the tires on and of a few times and my guy never damaged my wheels.

Search this Thread