8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Stillen front splitter, and downforce/aerodynamics

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:25 PM

Stillen front splitter, and downforce/aerodynamics

I've noticed that when going fast, the front of the car seems light... Like there is a lot of lift underneath the front bumper that makes steering too light at higher speeds...

To all who have installed the Stillen front splitter, have you noticed increased stability at high speeds? Increased precision, and less front lift under hard acceleration?

I'd imagine it won't be night and day, but any noticeable difference is an improvement. I'm talking 70-100mph.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2017, 08:48 AM

Yeah it does, i had my up to 135 feels great plus am running coil lowers too, my car sits really low, my splitter sits 4 inches from the ground, am in my third one lol.

Last edited by A36-SR; 11-11-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by A36-SR
Yeah it does, i had my up to 135 feels great plus am running coil lowers to my car sits really low, my splitter sits 4 inches from the ground, am in my third one lol.
nice... So the splitter specifically made you notice a difference too?

ive had my car at 100-115 for extended periods of time several times... And when the car was new, it felt like 70mph... But somehow my steering has gotten much lighter than when new, even in sport mode, at all speeds. And my car pulls to the left on top of that... And so at that same speed, it's a little less precise and less confidence inspiring... Even at 70mph for that matter...

So my hope is that the Stillen front splitter will help put more weight on the front wheels and make the steering a bit heavier at higher speeds
Old 11-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Yes, i call Stillen to see if they can make one of softer material because they brake easily. But if they so that it will not work as will. Yeah i had my car 100 to 120 for hrs to, in the Mexico freeways where copa in not a problem for me. on a vacation to the beach