8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Listening to Google Maps from Mobile Phone Through Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 12:18 PM

Listening to Google Maps from Mobile Phone Through Bluetooth

So, after driving my new Max for a week, this is what I have found and I want to know if I am correct or if there is a work around. I rely on Google Maps Navigation. I assume this question also applies for Waze. If I want to hear the audio from Google Maps, which is on my mobile phone, through the car, I have to set the Audio setting to Bluetooth, is that correct? Which means that I can only listen to an audio source, like Spotify, that is on my mobile phone. If I want to listen to AM, FM or a USB source, the voice from Google Maps is not played through the car-there is no voice hear, even from the phone. So in order to listen to FM and still want to hear Google Maps Navigation, I have to turn off Bluetooth either from the car or the phone, which means I can't use the phone nor the text messaging feature through the car. Am I correct so far? So to simplify my question, can I listen to Google Maps audio through the phone and listen to FM at the same time? Thanks, Dave
Old 11-11-2017, 12:31 PM

My phone is synced to car and I get texts, calls and turn my turn nav as long as phone pair to car. I only stream music all the time so when I get a text or turn by turn, the music volume is lowered and the text or turn by turn comes over speakers.

Ian B
Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by who4ever
So, after driving my new Max for a week, this is what I have found and I want to know if I am correct or if there is a work around. I rely on Google Maps Navigation. I assume this question also applies for Waze. If I want to hear the audio from Google Maps, which is on my mobile phone, through the car, I have to set the Audio setting to Bluetooth, is that correct? Which means that I can only listen to an audio source, like Spotify, that is on my mobile phone. If I want to listen to AM, FM or a USB source, the voice from Google Maps is not played through the car-there is no voice hear, even from the phone. So in order to listen to FM and still want to hear Google Maps Navigation, I have to turn off Bluetooth either from the car or the phone, which means I can't use the phone nor the text messaging feature through the car. Am I correct so far? So to simplify my question, can I listen to Google Maps audio through the phone and listen to FM at the same time? Thanks, Dave

That is correct. Audio comes only from the source you’re on. It’s kinda annoying... but I believe if you’re using CarPlay the audio should come out but you going I have to use apple maps( if you have iOS) 2018 comes with Android Auto and I assume it works the same.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 PM

I actually found a feature inside google maps setting then Navigation setting a toggle “ Play as bluetooth phone call” . Now google maps will notify you on whatever source you’re on. The only down side it will cut off in ge middle of music or whatever you’re listening to..