8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Diode Dynamics Switchback LED turn indicator mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 04:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lightbulb Diode Dynamics Switchback LED turn indicator mod

These LED boards replace the stock LED board and turn the whole LED lense into an amber turn signal, then switches back when the signal is turned off.

I am thinking about doing this mod, but have reservations about breaking open the headlight assembly casing......any thoughts?
Old 12-06-2017, 11:22 AM

I'm with you on the concerns of cracking open the headlights. My suggestion is to grab a pair on EBAY and use them to perform the Diode Dynamics modification. (I'd let them perform this surgery) The question is how much dough are you willing to drop on this kind of mod? I love the look they have created and so hope the Nissan folks pay attention to the creative design. Cost wise though, I'm on the side line. Anyone else had theirs done?
Old 12-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Patience. Even heat. Be careful. But not tooooooo bad. I did the DD mod, and added demon eyes while in there. I’m now considering angel eyes too, and will have to pull them apart again. Not sure I’m eager to do this again, but we’ll see.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:15 AM

stikako, is that passive or lighted demon eyes (rgb?)
had the cut-off plate inside the projector painted bright red, so the cops won’t bug me haha
Old 12-09-2017, 05:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by BlakMaxiJoey
stikako, is that passive or lighted demon eyes (rgb?)
had the cut-off plate inside the projector painted bright red, so the cops won’t bug me haha

not it sure what you mean by passive or lighted demons eyes. They are the RGBW demon eyes from Diode Dynamics. I have them shining into the projector housing, so they don’t block the LED bulb beam.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by WarAdmiral
These LED boards replace the stock LED board and turn the whole LED lense into an amber turn signal, then switches back when the signal is turned off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4JLXM2QjI

I am thinking about doing this mod, but have reservations about breaking open the headlight assembly casing......any thoughts?

I started a thread a little ways back on retrofitting the headlights with HID projectors and the DD switchback mod. I came across some good references on how to remove the bumper:
https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...ghts/headlight

and techniques on how to crack the headlights:
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...o-retro-rubber

This video shows how to heat the headlights using an oven, but depending on how large your oven is, these beasts may not fit!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by calabs; 12-11-2017 at 08:53 AM.