8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Anyone install 7G pro kit on 8G Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018 | 06:02 AM

Anyone install 7G pro kit on 8G Maxima?

Anyone on here do it? I'm about to. Well...I'm putting 7G front and 8G rear. Just curious. The person who helped me make this decision had it and has given me info....but he's the only one I know of...
Old 04-20-2018 | 08:28 AM

I suppose if I gotta ask, I can't help. But WTF you talkin' bout Willis?
Old 04-20-2018 | 11:44 AM
Jax

I believe he's talking about Eibach pro kit
Old 04-21-2018 | 07:42 AM

Lol. I guess I assumed you would understand code on here. And I guess I can also assume the answer is no at this point.

Im installing 7th generation Maxima Eibach Pro Kit springs on the front and 8th generation Maxima Eibach Pro Kit springs on the rear. Because it’s a little less of a drop and more level. I just wanted to see if anyone on here had done it.

either way I’m getting it done a week from now. I’ll post pics and how it rides after. Also putting on cross-drilled/slotted rotors, 15mm spacers all around, painting the calipers red and ceramic pads.

So far I’ve wrapped all chrome glossy black along with the roof, had a custom front Nissan emblem done and replaced every single bulb that wasn’t already LED with LED.

2017 white SR midnight

Last edited by Gizmomax; 04-21-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-26-2018 | 07:56 AM

Well, I guess I'll sit here and reply to myself.

So I'm getting this done this weekend. I'll reply to this with updates just in case someone is interested in doing a mild drop and/or spacers.
Old 04-26-2018 | 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmomax
Well, I guess I'll sit here and reply to myself.

So I'm getting this done this weekend. I'll reply to this with updates just in case someone is interested in doing a mild drop and/or spacers.
Im interested ! !
I recently put SR wheels on my base 2017 model was thinking the wheels could use a small spacer for a more aggressive stance and a 1.5-2" drop would be nice.

Please post pics when youre done !
Old 04-27-2018 | 05:53 AM

Did you consult with Eibach as to the possibility? Being that most of these cars are still under warrantee, you're only going to get a few people that are doing suspension upgrades. The aftermarket manufacturer would be the first place I'd be calling.

You putting them on yourself or getting a shop to work on it? What did they say about compatibility/similarity?
Old 04-27-2018 | 06:53 AM

No I did not consult with Eibach. Yea I searched extensively in here for every thread I could find on lowering this car. There are a LOT of people on the 8th gen facebook page that are doing it/have done it.

There is someone who has done this exact setup and also installed the springs that eibach recommends (I am installing those in the rear) and the RSR springs. I know the springs for the previous generation Altima fit the 8th gen Max as well.

I am getting a shop to do it. They're doing the install as I type this. I explained to them that the front springs in this kit are not the official recommended springs for this car.

The person I coordinated with for this setup had many pictures and exact measurements of stock height vs. each drop. The one thing I found is that everyone who installed the recommended springs for this car from eibach found that the rear was too high compared to the front and the front springs are less progressive than the 7th gen max pro kit they recommend. So the front bottoms out on large bumps/holes. Whereas the 7th gen front springs are the other way around. The rear ends up too low compared to the front and the front springs are more progressive and do not bottom out like the 8th gen kit. So you get a more even/level drop if you do 7th gen front/8th gen rear and/or vice versa. I sold the other springs (I had to buy both kits) to another member so he's installing that setup this weekend and he will keep me updated on that (8th gen front/7th gen rear).

Believe me....I'm not your typical kid who just wants to drop the car low and not care about the risk or not care about the ride quality after it's done. I am EXTREMELY meticulous in my research prior to doing this. I read through threads for months and I always make sure the people I follow are legit.

But I will report back on here with how it goes. I'm putting 15mm spacers all the way around as well.

I'm aware of warranty. The only thing I worry about.....the bushings on the sway bars having to be replaced on this car...and there's a bulletin for it. If that happens I'll deal with it. If I have to go back to OEM springs I could.

BTW, the measurements with this setup that I am doing are 14 1/4 inch from the fender to the center of the SR Wheels on the SR front and rear. So it's a little more than an inch drop total.

Last edited by Gizmomax; 04-27-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-27-2018 | 11:32 AM

No I did not consult with Eibach. Yea I searched extensively in here for every thread I could find on lowering this car. There are a LOT of people on the 8th gen facebook page that are doing it/have done it.

There is someone who has done this exact setup and also installed the springs that eibach recommends (I am installing those in the rear) and the RSR springs. I know the springs for the previous generation Altima fit the 8th gen Max as well.

I am getting a shop to do it. They're doing the install as I type this. I explained to them that the front springs in this kit are not the official recommended springs for this car.

The person I coordinated with for this setup had many pictures and exact measurements of stock height vs. each drop. The one thing I found is that everyone who installed the recommended springs for this car from eibach found that the rear was too high compared to the front and the front springs are less progressive than the 7th gen max pro kit they recommend. So the front bottoms out on large bumps/holes. Whereas the 7th gen front springs are the other way around. The rear ends up too low compared to the front and the front springs are more progressive and do not bottom out like the 8th gen kit. So you get a more even/level drop if you do 7th gen front/8th gen rear and/or vice versa. I sold the other springs (I had to buy both kits) to another member so he's installing that setup this weekend and he will keep me updated on that (8th gen front/7th gen rear).

Believe me....I'm not your typical kid who just wants to drop the car low and not care about the risk or not care about the ride quality after it's done. I am EXTREMELY meticulous in my research prior to doing this. I read through threads for months and I always make sure the people I follow are legit.

But I will report back on here with how it goes. I'm putting 15mm spacers all the way around as well.

I'm aware of warranty. The only thing I worry about.....the bushings on the sway bars having to be replaced on this car...and there's a bulletin for it. If that happens I'll deal with it. If I have to go back to OEM springs I could.

BTW, the measurements with this setup that I am doing are 14 1/4 inch from the fender to the center of the SR Wheels on the SR front and rear. So it's a little more than an inch drop total.
You're WAY overthinking it man. Search eibach here on 8th gen forum, you'll find the early threads, everyone were using the pro-kit for the 7g at first.
Hell Stillen still sells the 7g pro-kit for the 8th gen max. Good luck on it
Old 04-28-2018 | 07:31 AM

My eibach pro kit has been sitting in the closet for about a month...lol still haven't installed. Will do after I move into the new house and get settled in. Too busy now.
Old 04-28-2018 | 09:01 AM

Old 04-28-2018 | 09:03 AM

So yes I know that people had used the 7g pro kit before. But I searched and did not come up with threads showing results. But anyway I’m not just installing the 7g pro kit. I’m installing 7g pro kit springs in the front and 8g pro kit rear. So I was trying to see if anyone on here had done that exact thing and see what their impressions were. And for that matter there’s only a handful of threads about using the pro kit at all on here. There’s a lot of posts from people saying They were going to install it but didn’t report back.

I am VERY finicky about my cars. I am extremely sensitive to how a car rides. I cannot stand a harsh ride even though I LOVE a nicely stanced car. My goal with this drop was to do a mild drop and maintain the nice ride. Which I believe would be most people’s goal with this car in particular.

So with that said this rides waaaayyy better than stock. More smooth and at the same time more planted and tighter on turns. Nothing spectacular but better.

The rear ear is a little higher than I would like but I’m satisfied. The front is slightly lower than my goal but that’s fine. We’ll see how much it settles. The spacers make a huge difference. They are a must with this to me. And there is no rubbing.

So I am extremely happy with how this went down. Anyone considering this shouldn’t hesitate.

Last edited by Gizmomax; 04-28-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-28-2018 | 10:43 AM

Looks great !! I'm sure the springs will settle a bit within the next few weeks. I would have liked to see a before and after of the car, maybe you can post some pics if you have them?
Also what kind of spacers did you use ? the slip on ones or bolt on and if you used bolt ons did you have to trim the studs at all ?
Old 04-28-2018 | 11:34 AM

Old 04-28-2018 | 12:05 PM

Those are before. I drove it around more today and it’s settled a little more in the rear. Which I’m glad because I wanted a little more drop in back anyway. I’ll get some more pics in a little bit.

The spacers are garageline. Just go to their site and choose 2009 + 370Z. They’re the exact same. There is no trimming of anything. They’re exact fit
Old 05-02-2018 | 11:52 AM

Any rubbing issues? Thinking of doing this same setup, springs and spacers
Old 05-02-2018 | 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Malef31
Any rubbing issues? Thinking of doing this same setup, springs and spacers
Disregard, you said no rubbing, did they roll fenders, did you get alignment?
Old 05-02-2018 | 09:12 PM

Lol. I guess I assumed you would understand code on here. And I guess I can also assume the answer is no at this point.

Im installing 7th generation Maxima Eibach Pro Kit springs on the front and 8th generation Maxima Eibach Pro Kit springs on the rear. Because it’s a little less of a drop and more level. I just wanted to see if anyone on here had done it.

either way I’m getting it done a week from now. I’ll post pics and how it rides after. Also putting on cross-drilled/slotted rotors, 15mm spacers all around, painting the calipers red and ceramic pads.

So far I’ve wrapped all chrome glossy black along with the roof, had a custom front Nissan emblem done and replaced every single bulb that wasn’t already LED with LED.

2017 white SR midnight
You go man!
Old 06-08-2018 | 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Malef31
Disregard, you said no rubbing, did they roll fenders, did you get alignment?

Sorry I never replied. I got no rubbing from the spacers on the outside. But it causes rubbing on the inner fender (top). I was just dealing with it for a while but I found a thread where someone said to pull the fender liner out (towards the door) and remove the metal plates. I did this and it allowed the fender liner to recess enough that I get no rubbing now.

You will not need to roll your fenders with 15mm spacers on OEM offset. Yes you ALWAYS need an alignment after a drop!!