8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Questions about Prepaid Maintenance Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:51 AM

Questions about Prepaid Maintenance Package

Hello everyone. I've got a 2016 Nissan Maxima SL. I got the Prepaid Maintenance Package when I bought the car. I wanted to know if it covered replacement of brake fluid & cabin air filter? All this time I thought it was always done under the PMP, but I was just asked by the rep if I wanted to replace the brake fluid & the cabin air filter? I'm confused. Please help!
Old 04-21-2018, 12:01 PM

You don't have a copy of your Prepaid Maintenance Plan? Was it a Nissan plan, one a plan offered by your dealer?
Old 04-21-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by RickSmith
You don't have a copy of your Prepaid Maintenance Plan? Was it a Nissan plan, one a plan offered by your dealer?
Nope, I looked for any sort of documentation on the plan, but couldn't find anything. The bill of sales just says PMP 3 YEARS. I got it free with the negotiations, but it was one of those "I don't really want to give you that" type deals, but I have to. I'm wondering if there are different levels of the PMP.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Exia
Nope, I looked for any sort of documentation on the plan, but couldn't find anything. The bill of sales just says PMP 3 YEARS. I got it free with the negotiations, but it was one of those "I don't really want to give you that" type deals, but I have to. I'm wondering if there are different levels of the PMP.
OK, so you don't know what plan you have, and what it covers, BUT you want us to tell you " I wanted to know if it covered replacement of brake fluid & cabin air filter?"

This will help you out. Tell your dealer RickSmith said it was covered.

I have a better idea. Have your dealer provide YOU with a copy of the 3 year PMP plan so YOU will know what it covers and what it does not cover.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:35 PM

OK, so you don't know what plan you have, and what it covers, BUT you want us to tell you " I wanted to know if it covered replacement of brake fluid & cabin air filter?"

This will help you out. Tell your dealer RickSmith said it was covered.

I have a better idea. Have your dealer provide YOU with a copy of the 3 year PMP plan so YOU will know what it covers and what it does not cover.
Okay then. Thank YOU for the help. I’ll be sure to ask my dealership for the “answer” to my question from the advice of RickSmith BUT I guess now I’ll have to wait till after the weekend when their open. Would’ve been NICE to get an idea of if there were different types of plans, since I didn’t know. 🤧
Old 04-21-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Exia

Okay then. Thank YOU for the help. I’ll be sure to ask my dealership for the “answer” to my question from the advice of RickSmith BUT I guess now I’ll have to wait till after the weekend when their open. Would’ve been NICE to get an idea of if there were different types of plans, since I didn’t know. ��
How in the world could we at home possibly know what plan you have if you don't know what plan you have? Yes, there are different types of plans, so you do know.

Would you have felt better if 5 people said that brake fluid and cabin air filter were covered, and 5 people said that they weren't covered?

Last edited by RickSmith; 04-21-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:09 PM

How in the world could we at home possibly know what plan you have if you don't know what plan you have. Yes, there are different types of plans, so you do know.
Cause I had to ask my question elsewhere. I had to get some sort of information on the topic other than here on this forum. I’m not a car guy, like you might be... I thought by asking on the forums, where I thought I could get helpful advice. Instead I got someone's petty sarcasm.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:06 AM

Nissan calls their factory backed plan the Prepaid Maintenance Agreements (PMA)

Four plans available to protect your investment by ensuring peak vehicle performance
Engine oil/filter replacements and tire rotations, plus additional parts/fluid replacements
Tire Road Hazard Protection
0% Consumer Financing for 12- and 18-month terms; no qualification required

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content...enancePlus.pdf

The four plans offered by Nissan are:

1) Premium
2) Standard
3) Basic + Plus
4) Basic

Of course, we have no way of knowing if you have the Nissan Factory backed PMA, or a plan honored only at your dealer, or a plan administered by a third party and sold/serviced by your dealer.

After you contact your dealer on Monday, please let us know which plan you have and what is covered.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:13 AM

When I bought my Altima, Nissan tried to sell me one of those...It sounded great and they were talking up the free tire replacement that they had with the plan they were attempting to sell me. The problem was, you had to complete x miles before you could get tires. Having owned Altima's I knew about when I would need the OEMs replaced.....and when My tires were shot...I would have had to drive another 10K miles before they would replace them. My point is.....they do not lose money on these plans.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:27 AM

An an incentive, Nissan gave Premium PMA's out at no cost for those of us who signed up back in 2015 for the car when it came to market. It covers 3 years or 36 thousand miles and includes 7 oil /filter changes evey 5 K plus tire rotations too, brake fluid changes once @ 20 K, at least 2 cabin and engine air filter changes. The service writer would still try to upsell me on full synthetic oil, which I always declined. (Lease car, just follow the normal schedule)) You could accelerate these services but Nissan tracks the records and would begin to bill you for anything not covered
Old 04-24-2018, 07:52 PM

What I have only covers the oil changes and tire rotations every 5K. I have to pay for other normal maintenance items like brake fluid changes or filters. It was something that was included in the deal, so I don't have any complaints.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:11 PM

UPDATE

I finally got an answer back from Nissan & it was the standard package where it only covers oil change and tire rotations.
& Thank you RickSmith
Old 04-25-2018, 04:18 AM

I'm glad to have helped you find the answer.

Happy Motoring!