General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Prepaid gas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Prepaid gas?

A while ago I came across a prepaid gas program. I'm talking about the type where you prepay like $50 or more at a fixed price (at or below current market price for gas) and you can use it like a credit card at the stations to pay for your gas. I didn't jump on it because I thought it was a gimmick but looking at what is going on in the world like the inevitable war with Iraq, the 60+ day strike in Venezuela, and the increase in gas prices here, I’m willing to sign up for that type of program because I don’t see gas prices getting cheap anytime soon. Oh, let’s not forget that every year gas price go on the rise in the summer .
Anybody who knows anything, please let me know.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:52 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Prepaid gas?

priceline.com did this and I'm sure others did, too... had a friend who signed up and made out once (paid $150 and got about $200 worth of gas after price changes) then got screwed so he came out about even. He was limited to where he could get gas... it wasn't a credit card. I think he got to choose and signed up for Mobil because there was one near his house.

Originally posted by gotmaxwiltravel
A while ago I came across a prepaid gas program. I'm talking about the type where you prepay like $50 or more at a fixed price (at or below current market price for gas) and you can use it like a credit card at the stations to pay for your gas. I didn't jump on it because I thought it was a gimmick but looking at what is going on in the world like the inevitable war with Iraq, the 60+ day strike in Venezuela, and the increase in gas prices here, I’m willing to sign up for that type of program because I don’t see gas prices getting cheap anytime soon. Oh, let’s not forget that every year gas price go on the rise in the summer .
Anybody who knows anything, please let me know.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:37 PM

any more info on this type of thing on the north east area?
Old 02-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
any more info on this type of thing on the north east area?
Be able to save a few bucks you can go to Sams Clubs that have their own gas station...you have to prepay inside the store, but then you go out and use your card to get gas (debit system). It's always approx 10 cents cheaper then normal. At the one near me they only have Regular and Super....no mid-grade (don't use it anyways). Just a cool fact that I didn't know..mid grade is just a mixture of premium and regular.