8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

22inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 06:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

22inch wheels

Will adding 22s change my take off?
Old 09-24-2018, 06:24 AM

Are you referring to acceleration? If so, yes it will as your car is working with more mass and weight with the aftermarket wheels and tires trying to overcome the strain. (If the wheels are forged they might be lighter than the OEMs but you will pay big bucks for them, most are not)
I don't get the "ghetto" look of the big wheels along with the jackhammer ride, let alone the stress on the factory suspension, etc. but then again, not my car! Good luck with what you decide.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:20 AM

Stupid question without additional data. You have to do leg work man. What wheels, how much do they weigh, what tire. Reality is, if you're with a light weight rim, you should have equal give and take from the weight of the new rim and the lack of rubber offsetting the overall weight. But, if you go with something gaudy and super heavy, then you will impact performance to some degree.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Bell
What is "take off"?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
What is "take off"?
take off = acceleration from a dead stop
Old 10-06-2018, 06:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

22" wheels are not designed for the wheel wells, the suspension, the turning radius, center of gravity, or cornering design. So in other words, don't do it. If you want to turn it into a stagecoach, get yourself a nice white Malibu or a Corolla and f*ck that up.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:54 PM

Just be aware that changing to 22" wheels changes this Maxima from a sporty and comfortable sedan that is seriously fun to drive into a car that may wow the eyes and draw lots of looks, but that will be a DISPLAY or SHOW vehicle, NOT a vehicle that would be practical for everyday transportation.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:22 PM

Old 10-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Bell
Honestly dude, Stay away from anything over 20's.
20 inch wheel's should be the max, 20's look good and you don't sacrifice ride/comfort quality at all if you purchase some good/expensive tires. If you decide to cheap out on the tire you might feel a little, not much of a difference in ride/comfort quality. 245/35/20's ALL AROUND.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:42 PM

Old 10-07-2018, 05:44 PM

Old 10-08-2018, 06:13 AM

As these cars become more affordable in the used market, I expect there will be more and more "boy racer" additions to screw the car up. Wrong car, get a Mustang or a Camaro
Old 10-08-2018, 06:16 PM

Pimpin aint easy! What it be like YO!!!! AHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 AM

Heeeeeeeeeere we go. You know, I really do enjoy this forum and the people in it and all of the great advice given when it’s something you guys have gone through or actually done to your car. Otherwise honestly it’s like anything... opinion. And holy **** nuggets there’s tons of that flying around. Like the saying goes, opinions are like ********, everyone has one. (Except for you guys out there with colostomy bags. Don’t want to leave anyone out) Yea yea yea we all get it, play nice be respectful and in your opinion blah blah blah. I have 22’s on my max and my ride comfort actually feels a little better than stock. Now we all know that could be due to the brand new set of rubber the rims are sitting on. Either way the ride comfort isn’t an issue unless I’m riding down some **** hole back water street that looks like it’s been bombed to death. Other than that, rides just fine. Now on to the issue of the weight of the wheels/tire yes, we all know the better “quality” the better the structural quality and lightness of the wheel BUT this isn’t always the case. My 22x9 wheels and tires weigh less than my stock ones by a few pounds and I didn’t spend a ton on forged wheels nor at the time did I care or what I was looking for. I just wanted a nice looking wheel so I could be like... LOOK AT ME! And it worked out. The way some of you guys talk on here is as if you guys go to the track and put your max through the roughest and toughest of lap times turns and stops. Come on man let’s all get real. 98% of us max drivers get up in the morning and go from point A to B to work and then back home again. So I find it a little funny that everyone has such a strong opinion on what or how the car would react with 22’s on them when no one else on here has put 22’s on their car. Again I get it, all opinion or not for you or not your look or like the one guy said up there “ghetto look”... really??? Just because you or some may think it looks “ghetto” doesn’t make it so. Different strokes for different folks. All in all I have had no issues with my wheels and tires. I’ve gotten my max up to 120mph easily just as I have with the stocks. I’ve hit corners fast with the car fully loaded as I have with the stocks and no issues. Where I live there is an area not too far from here called Highway 100 where kids at night cruise up and down miles of road And I get the looks and have lined up at the light and have walked on and off all kinds of cars. (Respectively cars that I know the max could take. Lol!) So I guess what I’m saying is either way you look at it, it's all matter of opinion in a sense unless you have someone that has actually dealt with said topic or issue at hand. So feel free guys to direct to me with any questions about 22’s on the max. I’ll be happy to answer any and all questions that I can. Enjoy your guys commute to work this morning. Lol. Yup! This is my Max on 22’s. Not to shabby if you ask me.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:49 AM

I find it odd that a guy who rants about opinions criticizes other for posting opinions.

22s look stupid. I know you don't like that opinion, and that your ego is involved in your choice. But that does not change my opinion. I don't drive your car and if you like I don't see any reason who you should give a tiny little rat's *** about my opinion on the subject.

I need to write "opinion" more...
Old 10-10-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
I find it odd that a guy who rants about opinions criticizes other for posting opinions.

22s look stupid. I know you don't like that opinion, and that your ego is involved in your choice. But that does not change my opinion. I don't drive your car and if you like I don't see any reason who you should give a tiny little rat's *** about my opinion on the subject.

I need to write "opinion" more...
ROTFLAMFAO!!!
Rants? Yea not a “rant” whatsoever. You clearly haven’t seen a real rant before if you read my post and view it as such. But hey!!! That could be all a matter of “OPINION” now couldn’t it. Wowzer lookie there. What you clearly failed to realize by reading my post is that I have real world facts and knowledge of driving my maxima with 22’s. Not some he said she said or a guy that knows a guy because his next door neighbors cousins baby mama knows a guy. Of course we all have opinions and we all use them. But in this case it was specified that all of thee above was opinion due to no one else having a max with 22’s but me. That I know of. And it seemed to get off topic and became more about that it’s stupid or dumb or this or that. Hence why I stepped in and wrote what I wrote. I have no problems or issues with you or anyone else who does not like the look of 22’s because they think it’s stupid or looks stupid. Nor do I have a problem with any other mod people choose to make to their car. That’s yours theirs and my take choice or opinion on what we like. That’s just common sense and has nothing to do with my ego or anyone else’s. And no one is trying to change your opinion because as us being all grown *** men I think no one should truly care what the next man has to say or think. Again, common sense. And lastly you are correct in me not giving a tiny rats *** about what your opinion is. That is correct sir. I mean hell, that is why we are all here for right? To give our opinion? And don’t worry about not saying “opinion” enough. I think I got that covered enough fo the both of us. Lol!
Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM

I do appreciate 414s time taken to write his counter opinion on why we should like the 22" wheels (not rims) The big wheels just look out of proportion and balance and you do compromise handling in emergency situations. I'm sure that you get a lot of "looks" but not because of a fine appearance but more of a "what is that guy thinking?"
Old 10-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
I do appreciate 414s time taken to write his counter opinion on why we should like the 22" wheels (not rims) The big wheels just look out of proportion and balance and you do compromise handling in emergency situations. I'm sure that you get a lot of "looks" but not because of a fine appearance but more of a "what is that guy thinking?"
Thanks robtroxel. I appreciate it. But I didn’t write what I did to change people’s feelings or make anyone “like” my 22’s or 22’s in general on the max. I wrote to give real feedback on what the original post was for not just opinions. I’ve had 20’s on my max and wanted something different so I did the research and got a set of 22’s as well. And to be completely honest with you, everywhere I have gone whether it be a grocery store or car show, I have not gotten one bad comment about the look of my max. Young and old alike always tell me they love the way it looks because it’s different. Now whether or not they’re being truthful... well I’m sure that could be debatable. Lol! But it honestly seems the only negative feedback I have gotten was this forum. Which is perfectly fine. As I said, different strokes for different folks. I’m a sane down to earth individual that’s very open minded. I don’t let little things like other people’s opinions or tastes affect me like that. So we are all good. Lol! Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 414sfinest

Thanks robtroxel. I appreciate it. But I didn’t write what I did to change people’s feelings or make anyone “like” my 22’s or 22’s in general on the max. I wrote to give real feedback on what the original post was for not just opinions. I’ve had 20’s on my max and wanted something different so I did the research and got a set of 22’s as well. And to be completely honest with you, everywhere I have gone whether it be a grocery store or car show, I have not gotten one bad comment about the look of my max. Young and old alike always tell me they love the way it looks because it’s different. Now whether or not they’re being truthful... well I’m sure that could be debatable. Lol! But it honestly seems the only negative feedback I have gotten was this forum. Which is perfectly fine. As I said, different strokes for different folks. I’m a sane down to earth individual that’s very open minded. I don’t let little things like other people’s opinions or tastes affect me like that. So we are all good. Lol! Thanks again.
Good exchange on thoughts here. Keep us posted on how these wheels work for the long run. What tire size did you end up with?
Old 10-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Good exchange on thoughts here. Keep us posted on how these wheels work for the long run. What tire size did you end up with?
For sure. I travel for work everyday and the mileage can rage greatly. As of yet I have had no problems or issues and I’m coming up on about 4K on the tires. The size I went with to make everything work was 235/30R22. Yeeeeeea rubber bands I know. Lol. But honestly like I said the ride is really smooth surprisingly.
Old 02-15-2023, 02:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looks good

Originally Posted by 414sfinest
Heeeeeeeeeere we go. You know, I really do enjoy this forum and the people in it and all of the great advice given when it’s something you guys have gone through or actually done to your car. Otherwise honestly it’s like anything... opinion. And holy **** nuggets there’s tons of that flying around. Like the saying goes, opinions are like ********, everyone has one. (Except for you guys out there with colostomy bags. Don’t want to leave anyone out) Yea yea yea we all get it, play nice be respectful and in your opinion blah blah blah. I have 22’s on my max and my ride comfort actually feels a little better than stock. Now we all know that could be due to the brand new set of rubber the rims are sitting on. Either way the ride comfort isn’t an issue unless I’m riding down some **** hole back water street that looks like it’s been bombed to death. Other than that, rides just fine. Now on to the issue of the weight of the wheels/tire yes, we all know the better “quality” the better the structural quality and lightness of the wheel BUT this isn’t always the case. My 22x9 wheels and tires weigh less than my stock ones by a few pounds and I didn’t spend a ton on forged wheels nor at the time did I care or what I was looking for. I just wanted a nice looking wheel so I could be like... LOOK AT ME! And it worked out. The way some of you guys talk on here is as if you guys go to the track and put your max through the roughest and toughest of lap times turns and stops. Come on man let’s all get real. 98% of us max drivers get up in the morning and go from point A to B to work and then back home again. So I find it a little funny that everyone has such a strong opinion on what or how the car would react with 22’s on them when no one else on here has put 22’s on their car. Again I get it, all opinion or not for you or not your look or like the one guy said up there “ghetto look”... really??? Just because you or some may think it looks “ghetto” doesn’t make it so. Different strokes for different folks. All in all I have had no issues with my wheels and tires. I’ve gotten my max up to 120mph easily just as I have with the stocks. I’ve hit corners fast with the car fully loaded as I have with the stocks and no issues. Where I live there is an area not too far from here called Highway 100 where kids at night cruise up and down miles of road And I get the looks and have lined up at the light and have walked on and off all kinds of cars. (Respectively cars that I know the max could take. Lol!) So I guess what I’m saying is either way you look at it, it's all matter of opinion in a sense unless you have someone that has actually dealt with said topic or issue at hand. So feel free guys to direct to me with any questions about 22’s on the max. I’ll be happy to answer any and all questions that I can. Enjoy your guys commute to work this morning. Lol. Yup! This is my Max on 22’s. Not to shabby if you ask me.
Dude it looks great I have a 2019 SL and I want to put 22's on it. I just want to know if I have to change shocks and struts or raise it but I see by yours that I don't thank you