8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Input Active Key

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry Input Active Key

Just got a new SD card from my dealer for Nissan Maxima 2017 SV. When I put the card in, it went through the update but then it asks for a key.
Can anyone help me crack down the input key?
Thanks!
Old 10-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by kunal9218
Just got a new SD card from my dealer for Nissan Maxima 2017 SV. When I put the card in, it went through the update but then it asks for a key.
Can anyone help me crack down the input key?
Thanks!
This "may" be way off track but here is what I found out about your situation by internet search.

Quote: "So there is lots of misinformation about these SD cards. Here are the facts: The SD hardware is married to the Head Unit. It cannot be unmarried or be used in a different unit. The Head unit DOES NOT need to be replaced to replace the card. If the dealer cannot find the original SD card, have them pay for an updated one from navigation.com. You will need to supply your Head Unit ID number when ordering and they will burn you a new one which will have the right serial (cross-referenced to a special "key") to be married to your Head Unit. That is how updates are done. i.e. you buy a new SD card with updated map and supply them with the head unit serial so the proper one is send out. Most people have been unsuccessful in copying the cards and using a backup one in the car. This is possible if you have good Linux DD skills and understand file system layouts."

From compyelc4: Kunal, you may find the serial number on top of the head unit. Sounds like a bummer. Hope this helps in your discussion with your dealer.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...#ixzz5SjJXSh3n

Last edited by compyelc4; 10-01-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by compyelc4
This "may" be way off track but here is what I found out about your situation by internet search.

Quote: "So there is lots of misinformation about these SD cards. Here are the facts: The SD hardware is married to the Head Unit. It cannot be unmarried or be used in a different unit. The Head unit DOES NOT need to be replaced to replace the card. If the dealer cannot find the original SD card, have them pay for an updated one from navigation.com. You will need to supply your Head Unit ID number when ordering and they will burn you a new one which will have the right serial (cross-referenced to a special "key") to be married to your Head Unit. That is how updates are done. i.e. you buy a new SD card with updated map and supply them with the head unit serial so the proper one is send out. Most people have been unsuccessful in copying the cards and using a backup one in the car. This is possible if you have good Linux DD skills and understand file system layouts."

From compyelc4: Kunal, you may find the serial number on top of the head unit. Sounds like a bummer. Hope this helps in your discussion with your dealer.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...#ixzz5SjJXSh3n
I just noticed that Fatties wrote this to you when you first complained about your missing SD card: "If you cant get the number through the system. Which I believe you cant with out the SD card. You will physically have to pull out the unit and get the numbers from the back. My local dealer had to do that when my system bricked from a bad update."