2019 Toyota Avalon Touring vs 2019 Nissan Maxima SR - Maxima Forums

Go Back  Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 8th Generation Maxima (2016-)
Reload this Page >

2019 Toyota Avalon Touring vs 2019 Nissan Maxima SR

8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Old 03-05-2019, 12:38 PM

Watch until the very end. The Maxima puts the smack down on the Avalon big time.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:06 PM

He states in the end...."The Avalon is the better pick"......Is that a smackdown?
Old 03-05-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by wild ***** View Post
He states in the end...."The Avalon is the better pick"......Is that a smackdown?
No. Keep watching after..... for the impromptu drag race between the two.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:35 PM

Avalon wins for space and reliability, but Imo that's about it. Ive spent the last 6 years driving toyotas and I'm so over it. Driving the maxima is a huge breathe of fresh air for me. The fact that no toyota model has android auto in 2019 is so extremely aggravating to me . You can't go wrong buying a Toyota, they are truly the most reliable brand you can buy, but they are the most boring cars to drive and the fact that there is no android auto is an automatic deal breaker for me
Old 03-05-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Steptide View Post
Avalon wins for space and reliability, but Imo that's about it. Ive spent the last 6 years driving toyotas and I'm so over it. Driving the maxima is a huge breathe of fresh air for me. The fact that no toyota model has android auto in 2019 is so extremely aggravating to me . You can't go wrong buying a Toyota, they are truly the most reliable brand you can buy, but they are the most boring cars to drive and the fact that there is no android auto is an automatic deal breaker for me
Get a Supra.....Not a boring Toyota..
Old 03-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Get a Supra.....Not a boring Toyota..
Not a practical Toyota either. The maxima works well for me because it's 4 doors and enough for my family. A supra is a completely different beast, but yes I agree it'd be a fun car
Old 03-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Not a practical Toyota either. The maxima works well for me because it's 4 doors and enough for my family. A supra is a completely different beast, but yes I agree it'd be a fun car
The Max is a big car, however....the exterior is deceiving. One would expect more room in the Cabin.....For a family car....truly not the best...from a purely utility standpoint.....But, it is an enthusiast sedan for sure with Quality cabin materials.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:34 PM

Good to hear him say what we all know already..... CVT or no CVT, it's a fine drivin car

I think the Avalon is an epic fail in the looks department. That straight column center console is lame, the front grill makes me want to hurl. 6.5 seconds to 60 is very mediocre these days, many SUVs can do that.

He was saying the Avalon drives smoother, which may be true... but then again he was comparing to an SR instead of the Platinum.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fishlet View Post
Good to hear him say what we all know already..... CVT or no CVT, it's a fine drivin car

I think the Avalon is an epic fail in the looks department. That straight column center console is lame, the front grill makes me want to hurl. 6.5 seconds to 60 is very mediocre these days, many SUVs can do that.

He was saying the Avalon drives smoother, which may be true... but then again he was comparing to an SR instead of the Platinum.

To be fair. The Avalon Touring is the sporty version. A more fair comparison if you want the Platinum involved. Maxima Platinum vs Avalon Limited. You could tell he was having more fun in the Maxima and he even said it wants to make you smash the gas quite often. Agreed. The Maxima is the more sporty drivers car between the two no doubt. CVT or not.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:26 PM

The Avalon epitomizes what "Ugly" is. A solid car with lots of room but no fun. I crossed shopped that Touring but realized it came up short. Compared to the Platinum Max, No driver's thigh support and no power rear sunshade, no panoramic sun roof. Smaller tires, no remote start from key fob. No spare?
Old 03-06-2019, 03:15 AM

The Avalon is definitely not a good looking car......They sure f'd that car up.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel View Post
The Avalon epitomizes what "Ugly" is. A solid car with lots of room but no fun. I crossed shopped that Touring but realized it came up short. Compared to the Platinum Max, No driver's thigh support and no power rear sunshade, no panoramic sun roof. Smaller tires, no remote start from key fob. No spare?
Kinda crazy that car in the mid 40 thousand dollar range has no remote start. Although I know from experience, Toyotas remote start system is garbage. You can remote start the engine,, but as soon as you open the door to get in, the engine shuts off. It must be a safety feature but how stupid is that?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:57 AM

The Avalon is definitely not a good looking car......They sure f'd that car up.
If they just got rid of the grill under the headlights and just made it bumper it'd probably be a good looking car, but that grill is just overkill
Old 03-06-2019, 08:13 AM

Both of these cars are way outdated.
Maxima will be gone in a couple years.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:44 AM

If they just got rid of the grill under the headlights and just made it bumper it'd probably be a good looking car, but that grill is just overkill
Yes, it ruins the car
Old 03-06-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
Both of these cars are way outdated.
Maxima will be gone in a couple years.
I be to differ, strongly. Both of them are designed for a niche market - different market for each. Those markets aren't going anywhere, so these cars aren't going anywhere, especially when other car manufacturers are ditching their sedans. If anything, I predict the sales of Avalon and Maxima will go up.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:08 PM

My sentiments exactly. The back end is kinda gnarly though.... and thinner tires?!
Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Might as well drive the Avalon around without a front bumper. Doesn't look like it has one anyway.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
Might as well drive the Avalon around without a front bumper. Doesn't look like it has one anyway.
The Avalon front end looks like a cheese grater.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel View Post
The Avalon front end looks like a cheese grater.
Cheap version of the Lexus I guess.