All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

NeoVVl On VQ

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004 | 09:56 PM
be the change u want2C

NeoVVl On VQ

OK well the mod on the 4th gen forums finally took my request to lock it, cause I think this thread here would get my questions answered
But any ways
Look What I found
Well aparently Nissan made a VQ30 with NeoVVl, its aparently called "VVQ30DE" Or VQ30DD The site is in chinese had one of my friends look at it

Link

I want to take the engine apart and use the Neo technology so we can have dual v's isntead of just doing the 00 intake manifold swap and having it just on the Intake, so now we can have exhaust variables to.

Is that possible?
Old 12-07-2004 | 10:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

that article talks about direct injection technology...something that is would be very costly to integrate...you might as well break into their R&D department somewhere and steal the engine...cause I don't think anyone on here unless they we're a mechanical engineer and software programmer could integrate such technology and hybriding it with our cars...

the variable valve lift technology would also be equally as hard to implement as someone would have to figure out a way to make it work in conjuction with our engines...as simply using an ecu that was designed to run a VQ with VVL wouldn't just plug and play with our VQ's even if you figured out a way to implement the tech on our engines by somehow mix and matching heads and such...

you might as well do the VQ30DE-k thing and figure out a way to implement the CVTCS (variable valve timing)...on that engine...that would be easier than tryin' to implement VVL from some japanese prototype engine!!!

the point of the direct injection is that you can run significantly higher compression ratios with pump gas...resulting in more power and more efficiently burned mixtures as well which aid in gas mileage and response...
Old 12-08-2004 | 04:14 AM
be the change u want2C

I dont care about its injection system, I think it works just fine, But I was thinking to take out the Vtek out of the exhaust and implenting it on ours, while using the Intake VTC from the 00vi. I was wondering if thats possible
Old 12-08-2004 | 09:52 AM
VQ Wizard

http://www.poweredbynissan.com/Engin...neSpecs.htm#vq

The VQ30DD is only a VQ30 with direct injection. There hasn't been any production VQxxVD or VQxxVE engine. However there is a rumor that Nissan is working on a VQ35VE/VQ35VD.
Old 12-08-2004 | 02:52 PM
be the change u want2C

So then the Basically the name on that new prototype engine NeoVVL is just a bunch of bs?
Old 12-08-2004 | 04:10 PM

I dont care about its injection system, I think it works just fine, But I was thinking to take out the Vtek out of the exhaust and implenting it on ours, while using the Intake VTC from the 00vi. I was wondering if thats possible
The link with the variable valve lift (VVL), is totally different than a variable intake manifold. Although an adjustable manifold helps increase the amount of air into the combustion chamber the valve lift is the same. Combining variable valves and a variable intake manifold would be ideal allowing more air and fuel into the chamber at higher rpm's. With the VI alone the valves are the limiting factor when it comes to efficency of air flow. Vtec has a huge increase in performance over a variable intake manifolds, they are in two different categories. Most manufactures only use the variable valves on the intake valves and keep the exhaust valves the same. This tells us that the performance gains are not significant enough to implement the technology on the exhaust valves.
Old 12-09-2004 | 07:22 PM
be the change u want2C

Thats why I want to adapt this to the vq, RB's have this, sr's have this, so why not my vq. SO does anybody know which car this engine belongs to?
Old 12-10-2004 | 01:57 PM
SomePsychoGuy

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...9&postcount=21

I know the SR16VE(197hp), SR20VE(?), and SR20VET(278hp) have this. I don't think the RB has this though. I think it just has the CVTS that the VQ35 has. It does not change cams. It would be called the RB26VETT and EVERYONE would want one b/c it would have well over 300hp. To my knowledge only the SR has VVL.

NEO is different.

It would be practically impossible without Nissan putting it out at least in Japan for you to put VVL into a VQ. It is possible, but barely. Cam changing systems are expensive for car manufacturers to implement. For someone to fabricate it into an engine from scratch would be mind blowing.

An engine with VVL would be for example VQ30VE while an engine with Direct injection would be VQ30DD
Old 12-10-2004 | 02:04 PM
SomePsychoGuy

Also the 00-01 or -k has a variable intake manifold. The VQ35 in the 02+ has variable cam phasing on the intake and I think an VIM. To get the variable cam phasing from the VQ35 to work you would need to use the VQ35 heads and ECU. Because of that you would have to rewire everything and use all 5.5gen sensors.
Old 12-10-2004 | 08:05 PM
be the change u want2C

This seems complicated, Well they have a Automotive Engineer Program somwhere in Shenyang, Im going to be looking in to that soon. might as well make the most of my stay here
Old 12-11-2004 | 04:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Ni_Nos_Maxima
This seems complicated, Well they have a Automotive Engineer Program somwhere in Shenyang, Im going to be looking in to that soon. might as well make the most of my stay here

Are you in the Ji Lin province? What the heck are you doing in China? I was there for 2 years teaching. In Yanji northeast China.

BTW in KOrea the 4th Gen maxima (samsung sm520) has sr20de roller rocker motor. Why don t you try importing that and dropping in an sr20ve.

-Linus
Old 12-12-2004 | 02:21 AM
be the change u want2C

Originally Posted by Ltrain
Are you in the Ji Lin province? What the heck are you doing in China? I was there for 2 years teaching. In Yanji northeast China.

BTW :attention in KOrea the 4th Gen maxima :attention (samsung sm520) has sr20de roller rocker motor. Why don t you try importing that and dropping in an sr20ve. :attention

-Linus
1. I am in Liaoning
2. What in the hell are you talking about
Old 12-12-2004 | 07:04 AM
Kevlo for President

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=262261
Old 12-13-2004 | 05:47 AM
be the change u want2C

omg Thank You So much. This article you dug up like put me in place to know what to do now. But now I have more questions, hehhehe.
1. Can the piston heads be taken out of this motor and put on the VQ30DE?
2. So then to implent this CVTCS technology to my Motor, I would have to do something like Tilleys new Set up?
Old 12-13-2004 | 05:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

O....M....G....

Old 12-13-2004 | 10:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Ni_Nos_Maxima
1. I am in Liaoning
2. What in the hell are you talking about
Dude, I was just trying to relate to you (it was of topic) but I dont see too many people on car forums in China like i was. BTW, I have a lot of students from Shennyang. I was in Jilin province (the province just above liaoning) but I digress.

Anyways, as far as the VVL on the VQ I am sure anything is possible with enough resources. I was merely stating (with some sarcasm obviously) that it would be easier swapping a sr20ve into a korean 4th gen max since it already has a SR20 block in it than to revamp and possibly reengineer the head of a VQ. If you plan to do, it all the luck to you. However, I think you will need more than a few classes at an auto engineer program in China to get that done. Or of course you can wait until this experimental engine comes out and run some sort of stand alone to get it to run.

Here are some more resources on how the VVL works just to feed your appettite:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/urltr...p=ja_en&tt=url
http://sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=70960

(Of course in terms of an sr20)

-Linus
Old 04-14-2005 | 11:10 PM

I dunno if the DD uses NeoVVL, the only thing I've heard is that it has NeoDI, then again, VVL isn't always noted in the Engine code, the VH V8's are a perfect example
Old 04-15-2005 | 05:23 AM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by paultyler_82
VVL isn't always noted in the Engine code, the VH V8's are a perfect example
You mean they don't list what they don't have?
Old 04-15-2005 | 01:10 PM
be the change u want2C

whoa haha, what a way to bring back a dead thread, but that vq i found had VV infront of it, and yeah another example would be the RB series motor that dont have it listed in the motor name, but hey who cares
Old 04-15-2005 | 02:45 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Alright- Nismo has been testing VQ35VE for a while now, but the engine here is a NEOdi- which is a direct injection engine that basically has its injectors mounted in the combustion chambers- kinda like the spark plugs. Audi has that design on its new 3.2L V6 motor that has 12.5:1 compression and similar technology. Direct injection gasoline has been invented by Mitsubishi long time ago. Nissan sells VQ30DDs in Japan and they do not have Variable Valve timing and Lift like the SRxxVE/VET has/had. RB26DETT,VG30DETT,VG30DE,VE30DE, VQ35DE, QR25/20DE,GA16DE, QG18DE,CA18DE,CA18DET,VH45DE,VK45DE,VK56DE,VQ40DE all have similar VTC advance mechanisim that on some engine is continious- adjust timing back and forth, and on some engines it just switches from one setting to another- they do not have NeoVVL. If you want real Variable valve timing and lift from the factory in US- look no further than K-series Honda engines. Probably one of the most advanced motors on the market right now.

There are NO V6 Nissan engines with NeoVVL- PERIOD.

And VH series V8s never had VVL, for crying outloud people only engines that ever had VVL from Nissan where SR16VE, SR20VE, and SR20VET.
Old 04-17-2005 | 09:29 PM
be the change u want2C

evidence please, i know my buddies GA16de for sure doesnt have any sorta VTC
Old 04-17-2005 | 09:36 PM
VQ Wizard

The GA16DE does certainly have VTC on the intake cam.

Look it up in the service manual.
Old 04-17-2005 | 10:20 PM

Take the valve cover off and you will see. I have owned 3 in the past. Who are you to argue ? SR20DEN and I practically live n breathe Nissan. If my GF wouldnt kill me I would have a Nissan tattoo on my arm.
Old 04-18-2005 | 09:24 AM
be the change u want2C

Iono my buddie with his ga16de sentra told me he doesnt have vtc, sorry if i offended you
Old 04-18-2005 | 02:58 PM

SR20DE doesn't have VTC, GA16 does.