All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Need help

I posted this in the 4th gen forum but no one really helped. I know most threads in here are about performance but I thought someone might be able to shed some light on the problem. I apologize in advance but this isn't a question that can be answered with, "Seafoam" or "Clean your TB".

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&page=1&pp=20

Cliffs: Power steering goes out and dash lights come on when I turn and accelerate out of the turn at 50% throttle. Replaced the alternator but that didn't solve the problem.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:40 PM

just my noob .02c, what about the regulator, thats between the alternator and the rest of the electrical system.. had that on an older car had alternator replaced still had issues then checked further up the system and found the regulator had gone.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:54 PM

..bump.. did you manage to fix the problem?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Maybe ur battery acid is sloshing around those turns and causing a short somewhere? Sounds like it almost died or did die in your first post...but u said it kept running....barely. UR PS freezez up when the pump stops running, so ur engine prolly died, and somehow started back up again. really strange...

Checked ur battery water level? Maybe it's low...unless its one of those fancy sealed ones. You haven't mentioned checking ur battery I believe.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:00 AM
THT
Throbbing member

Problem has not reoccured but I haven't really tried to cause it.